Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Startling Differences KKG/ASR (Page 3)

hi50 IF-Dazzler
hi50
hi50

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mommamia

Khushi has been so much battered from all sides... Just when she thought she had some feelings ASR crushed it. And she was dreaming about a main who was too high for her. She knew it. She felt encouragement from him and than the kiss scene. And it was all gone. Later on life thought her another bitter lesson. That not to trust people. There can be dual faced monsters.  I still doubt that CVs will show anything from her end towards ASR. I want ASR to be make her feel that she is that someone special in his life and repeat the same dialogues what he wanted to tell her but said in front of a wrong person. That will trigger something in Khushi's brain.Till then I really have no hopes.

Totally agree with you.. the situation in which she's right now, doesn't seem to be appropriate to express her feelings to ASR.. we've to keep in mind that we know how ASR feels for her, but ASR himself hasn't acknowledged it yet & of course Khushi has no clue.. her naive heart was broken cruelly on diwali night by the man she loved unconsciously.. no girl with self respect will advance after that.. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

kitty25chipJuicee_Sushiesayani2807SunriseGreenlara3110DiyaSCandYlicious_S

DiamondLife IF-Sizzlerz
DiamondLife
DiamondLife

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 10:38am | IP Logged
the disappointment is...
The track seems no connection..from one scene to other...its not flowing...

Damn it!! thats irritating me a lot..
Anjali-Khushi scene ...not at all connected..
Anjali..crying for khushi's break ..oh common how pathetically u acted DUMB..
Phone conversation..What the...
Still she is after pranks..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kitty25

Infofan IF-Sizzlerz
Infofan
Infofan

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by serialjunkie

I think there are quite a few gaps in Khushi's characterization that can be filled in well by adding a few scenes to her credit.

For instance, we are are made aware all too well of Arnav's inner battles with scenes where he calls out Khushi's name by mistake, or he debates with himself and asks himself why he does what he does to Khushi.

A similar introspective scene is needed for KKG, in which she asks herself the true nature of her feelings for Arnav and upon realizing what those feelings might be, she deliberately squelches them out because a. Arnav is beyond her league b. He is already engaged to a person who also happens to be her good friend and c. He has crushed her feelings in the past and she really cannot expect anything different from him.

A scene or two of this internal debate from her would tie the loose ends pretty good. As such, it seems KKG has completely wiped out any budding feelings for ASR ,while he is making quantum leaps in the love department.

Now, the ball is ASR's court. KKG will not broach her feelings. ASR will need to repair the damage he has done by initiating closeness to KKG. But what will prompt him to do that? It has to be a reason of gigantic proportions that will convince him of her inherent goodness and make him see that his feelings for her are quite alright to have and that she really is a gem worth pursuing.

Given the current stalemate, ASR has no reason to descend from his ivory tower to pursue KKG and KKG has not incentives (least of all any inclination from ASR) to pursue him.

We need a monumental revelation of sorts to make ASR pursue KKG. Perhaps, Shyam revelation can be designed to achieve that result. We can only hope CVs know how to handle these nuances.

Overall, I agree with Heady's assessment of KKG and ASR. and the show is at a romantic stalemate.

superb post, agree with  you.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lara3110serialjunkie

jaswargikoinahi Goldie
jaswargikoinahi
jaswargikoinahi

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 10:47am | IP Logged
I feel bad for what Khushi has gone through and she's not even given a time to just cry out her pain. Already she's thinking of others and how she can't hurt anyone and wants only the best for her sister and Anjali. Hope they can bring her and Arnav fce to face to feel each others pain and hug and cry it all out.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Chasing_ShadowsJuicee_Sushiesayani2807

hi50 IF-Dazzler
hi50
hi50

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HeadOverHeels

Khushi has been so much battered from all sides... Just when she thought she had some feelings ASR crushed it. And she was dreaming about a main who was too high for her. She knew it. She felt encouragement from him and than the kiss scene. And it was all gone. Later on life thought her another bitter lesson. That not to trust people. There can be dual faced monsters.  I still doubt that CVs will show anything from her end towards ASR. I want ASR to be make her feel that she is that someone special in his life and repeat the same dialogues what he wanted to tell her but said in front of a wrong person. That will trigger something in Khushi's brain.Till then I really have no hopes.

Yes, but that's exactly it. He crushed her hopes, and feelings too probably. But he also did the same to himself. And in a worse way... He battered himself, lied to himself, ignored, played mean, played cruel, pushed her, pushed her away, announced an engagement in the hopes of running, everything... But his progress was still evident. Nothing crushed what he was really developing for her in terms of feelings, and it was shown. Not so with KKG... It's like she was suddenly taken with him at Diwali, crushed and then didn't feel anything again. Where are her growing feelings? Where are the feelings she's trying to suppress? Where is her turmoil over allowing herself to feel or refusing to? We get nothing from her in terms of that. If this is a story about two people's journey to finding love with each other, then show it being about the TWO people kwim?

Nice post.. I agree that ASR did worse towards him.. but keeping in mind about their very different nature.. 
Khushi came from a loving family, although she lost her parents quite early, but guptas welcomed her whole heartedly & she witnessed the first cruelty from this man at the night of her sister's marriage.. he misbehaved with her so many instances thereafter, hurt her physically & emotionally; but during that time it was only progress from her side towards this relationship & that was nicely portrayed by CVs, she still fell in love with him, started to care for him, the 'real' Arnav, masked by ASR.. 
but if you consider Arnav & his childhood where his struggle made him stone-hearted, the poor soul has witnessed the cruelty quite early in his life & that too from his own relatives.. he started to ignore rest of the world.. & now suddenly Khushi appears in his life; so it'll be more work from his side to welcome a new person in his life..
The incidences of diwali night had opposite impacts on them.. after that while from his side it was progress & progress (he changed so much, he realized that he made the decision hastily & that was a wrong one & also it affects him to think that there is someone else in Khushi's life); for Khushi everything was crushed right there.. her emotions are still there (she still cares for him, incidences like chili-lentil, star-talking), but there is no progress.. because she was already too far ahead than ASR at the beginning.. now it's his turn to reach at the same point so that they can begin journey together.. I think that's what CVs is trying to show..

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

gilgameshspsharmilakitty25chipJuicee_Sushiesayani2807S.StephySunriseGreenlara3110DiyaSCandYlicious_S

zainza IF-Dazzler
zainza
zainza

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Completely agree with HeadoverHeels...there's no progress in khushi's character, its not being shown.in the beginning they did try to show her realization of this new feeling (love) through the dhak dhak scenes and her imagining arnav everywhere and then suddenly after the diwali night they just wiped out everything in this department.i mean even if arnav snubbed her, her feelings cant suddenly evaporate.they must be lingering there.and if she is preventing herself from thinking about him or falling for him or whatever she feels for hhim, it needs to be portrayed.the cvs are just showing her dealing with every other member of the two households and their individual problemsand the BIGGEST issue in her life ARNAV/ASR has hardly been given any space. Whereas the development in Arnav's character has been handled very well, at least we understand why he is doing whatever he is doing even if its something hurtful.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity235HeadOverHeelssayani2807SunriseGreenanjaani07

sweet_ipsi Goldie
sweet_ipsi
sweet_ipsi

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sayani_monaya

Listen KKG only knows dat shyam had cheated on both the families..she doesnt knw yet dat shyam is also an evil person,who is responsible 4 babuji's present condition or dat shyam married anjali only 4 money...in d mangalsutra scene,if anjali hadnt blown things out f proportion ovr such a small issue the truth wd hv been definitely out f d bag..anjali ovrreacted ovr such a small issue,thn imagine wht will happens if she cums 2 knw abt shyam??& dnt u remember,whn khushi just started 2 work n d raizada mansion just bcoz asr opposed 2 her working there,anjali bacame sooo emotional dat she locked herself n her room & thn went out of RM widout mentioning ne1 & went 2 d mandir???at dat time d relation btwn anjali & khushi was more professional thn personal & still d former reacted lyk dat..I'm not supporting kkg's action but we all knw dat d truth wd hv been 2 much 4 anjali 2 accpt,a person who strted praying bcz her mangalsutra was broken & at d next moment started calling up panditji bcoz f dis?& in 2day's episode khushi was a bit sad aftr praying 4 asr-la..isnt dat normal??she hs feelings 4 asr,aftr all???do u xpct her 2 b happy??  

Then I shudder to think what will happen when the full truth comes out, that not only is her husband a cheater, but also someone capable of murder. What's she going to do then? Convince her father not to report the attacks? Hope that he'll change his ways? 
i think khushi is  too naive...she stl nurtures d hope dat anjali's love wl change shyam...bt dint she 4 once thnk dat if sm1 lyk shyam hasn't changed aftr so many yrs of relationship wid anjali ,thr is no chnc of redemption...im jst glad dat she dint buy into shyam's allegations against anjali...jst hope dat she doesnt turn into d typical "ever-ready for sacrifice" kind of character...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kitty25SunriseGreenlara3110

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 11:11am | IP Logged

Yes, but that's exactly it. He crushed her hopes, and feelings too probably. But he also did the same to himself. And in a worse way... He battered himself, lied to himself, ignored, played mean, played cruel, pushed her, pushed her away, announced an engagement in the hopes of running, everything... But his progress was still evident. Nothing crushed what he was really developing for her in terms of feelings, and it was shown. Not so with KKG... It's like she was suddenly taken with him at Diwali, crushed and then didn't feel anything again. Where are her growing feelings? Where are the feelings she's trying to suppress? Where is her turmoil over allowing herself to feel or refusing to? We get nothing from her in terms of that. If this is a story about two people's journey to finding love with each other, then show it being about the TWO people kwim?

di I'll answer that part in red...
One question, have u ever known someone with Khushi's characteristics?that impulsive jovial nature and happy go lucky, who bounces back no matter what happens?no matter how screwed up everything is may be after a good soul cleansing crying jag seems to act as if nothing is wrong?
well if u knew someone like that..u won't say so..cz these happy go lucky, seemingly very light hearted types use this joy as a defense mechanism..i really can't explain what it is..but for someone like that when they r faced with a problem there comes two solutions to mind..

first being, keep on thinking of it and get confused & depressed even more..
the second is start on a clean slate, pretend as if nothing happened..almost unconsciously make that decision that 'I am no longer going to care about it cz thinking about it will not make what happened to rewind'..so these people pretend even to themselves, or rather it would be right to say that they convince themselves of it..it is not living a lie..they simply accept this second option.and it gives them the strength to move on and genuinely be happy up to a certain extend despite the pain...

and the reason the 1st option is out is, these outwardly happy go lucky types actually care, care so much that the pain will be unbearable and then they'll be the first to break if they do not use this naturally built in defense mechanism..so it isn't the apparent immaturity that everyone else sees when they look at such a person..

so well, i think i can kind of understand why khushi is doing it and how she can bring herself to react like that..

n @the 1st post..definitely it brought out startling differences to the forefront for us to observe..and i really loved that final scene where she comes back to get blessings for Arnav & Lavanya..her hesitation..a small faltering in her resolve..but once again as if she is literally shaking this feeling off her head she takes the blessings on their behalf with an unsteady hand and goes away..

so hopefully she might let hope to enter her heart once again,  n soon...

Edited by princessunara - 15 December 2011 at 11:34am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

cxw1065Juicee_Sushiebfunofbb123S.Stephylara3110DiyaS

Go to top