Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hi50 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: HeadOverHeels

Yes, but that's exactly it. He crushed her hopes, and feelings too probably. But he also did the same to himself. And in a worse way... He battered himself, lied to himself, ignored, played mean, played cruel, pushed her, pushed her away, announced an engagement in the hopes of running, everything... But his progress was still evident. Nothing crushed what he was really developing for her in terms of feelings, and it was shown. Not so with KKG... It's like she was suddenly taken with him at Diwali, crushed and then didn't feel anything again. Where are her growing feelings? Where are the feelings she's trying to suppress? Where is her turmoil over allowing herself to feel or refusing to? We get nothing from her in terms of that. If this is a story about two people's journey to finding love with each other, then show it being about the TWO people kwim?

Nice post.. I agree that ASR did worse towards him.. but keeping in mind about their very different nature.. 
Khushi came from a loving family, although she lost her parents quite early, but guptas welcomed her whole heartedly & she witnessed the first cruelty from this man at the night of her sister's marriage.. he misbehaved with her so many instances thereafter, hurt her physically & emotionally; but during that time it was only progress from her side towards this relationship & that was nicely portrayed by CVs, she still fell in love with him, started to care for him, the 'real' Arnav, masked by ASR.. 
but if you consider Arnav & his childhood where his struggle made him stone-hearted, the poor soul has witnessed the cruelty quite early in his life & that too from his own relatives.. he started to ignore rest of the world.. & now suddenly Khushi appears in his life; so it'll be more work from his side to welcome a new person in his life..
The incidences of diwali night had opposite impacts on them.. after that while from his side it was progress & progress (he changed so much, he realized that he made the decision hastily & that was a wrong one & also it affects him to think that there is someone else in Khushi's life); for Khushi everything was crushed right there.. her emotions are still there (she still cares for him, incidences like chili-lentil, star-talking), but there is no progress.. because she was already too far ahead than ASR at the beginning.. now it's his turn to reach at the same point so that they can begin journey together.. I think that's what CVs is trying to show..
zainza thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Completely agree with HeadoverHeels...there's no progress in khushi's character, its not being shown.in the beginning they did try to show her realization of this new feeling (love) through the dhak dhak scenes and her imagining arnav everywhere and then suddenly after the diwali night they just wiped out everything in this department.i mean even if arnav snubbed her, her feelings cant suddenly evaporate.they must be lingering there.and if she is preventing herself from thinking about him or falling for him or whatever she feels for hhim, it needs to be portrayed.the cvs are just showing her dealing with every other member of the two households and their individual problemsand the BIGGEST issue in her life ARNAV/ASR has hardly been given any space. Whereas the development in Arnav's character has been handled very well, at least we understand why he is doing whatever he is doing even if its something hurtful.
sweet_ipsi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: HeadOverHeels

Then I shudder to think what will happen when the full truth comes out, that not only is her husband a cheater, but also someone capable of murder. What's she going to do then? Convince her father not to report the attacks? Hope that he'll change his ways? 

i think khushi is  too naive...she stl nurtures d hope dat anjali's love wl change shyam...bt dint she 4 once thnk dat if sm1 lyk shyam hasn't changed aftr so many yrs of relationship wid anjali ,thr is no chnc of redemption...im jst glad dat she dint buy into shyam's allegations against anjali...jst hope dat she doesnt turn into d typical "ever-ready for sacrifice" kind of character...
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: mommamia

Yes, but that's exactly it. He crushed her hopes, and feelings too probably. But he also did the same to himself. And in a worse way... He battered himself, lied to himself, ignored, played mean, played cruel, pushed her, pushed her away, announced an engagement in the hopes of running, everything... But his progress was still evident. Nothing crushed what he was really developing for her in terms of feelings, and it was shown. Not so with KKG... It's like she was suddenly taken with him at Diwali, crushed and then didn't feel anything again. Where are her growing feelings? Where are the feelings she's trying to suppress? Where is her turmoil over allowing herself to feel or refusing to? We get nothing from her in terms of that. If this is a story about two people's journey to finding love with each other, then show it being about the TWO people kwim?

di I'll answer that part in red...
One question, have u ever known someone with Khushi's characteristics?that impulsive jovial nature and happy go lucky, who bounces back no matter what happens?no matter how screwed up everything is may be after a good soul cleansing crying jag seems to act as if nothing is wrong?
well if u knew someone like that..u won't say so..cz these happy go lucky, seemingly very light hearted types use this joy as a defense mechanism..i really can't explain what it is..but for someone like that when they r faced with a problem there comes two solutions to mind..

first being, keep on thinking of it and get confused & depressed even more..
the second is start on a clean slate, pretend as if nothing happened..almost unconsciously make that decision that 'I am no longer going to care about it cz thinking about it will not make what happened to rewind'..so these people pretend even to themselves, or rather it would be right to say that they convince themselves of it..it is not living a lie..they simply accept this second option.and it gives them the strength to move on and genuinely be happy up to a certain extend despite the pain...

and the reason the 1st option is out is, these outwardly happy go lucky types actually care, care so much that the pain will be unbearable and then they'll be the first to break if they do not use this naturally built in defense mechanism..so it isn't the apparent immaturity that everyone else sees when they look at such a person..

so well, i think i can kind of understand why khushi is doing it and how she can bring herself to react like that..

n @the 1st post..definitely it brought out startling differences to the forefront for us to observe..and i really loved that final scene where she comes back to get blessings for Arnav & Lavanya..her hesitation..a small faltering in her resolve..but once again as if she is literally shaking this feeling off her head she takes the blessings on their behalf with an unsteady hand and goes away..

so hopefully she might let hope to enter her heart once again,  n soon...

Edited by princessunara - 12 years ago
napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
I think this whole ASR versus Khushi realization track has been done deliberately, and I really hope Im not giving the CVs too much credit here. ASR does not care about hurting others, or peoples' happiness in general, his world is his Di, and he exists for himself and for her. He has been pretty upfront with himself, and his inner monologue is direct. He has the freedom for self examination, because he has only himself to think of, and his own reactions are all he considers. Khushi puts herself last, and while that irritates the hell out of me, this has been a consistent character trait, and in this instance, it means she wont give herself the luxury of examining a desire and longing she feels she has no right to. Think of how ASR speaks to himself in complete sentences, dwelling on things, replaying events again and again. In direct contrast,  Khushi wont even allow herself to finish a thought, interrupting her own mind as if she cant even have him inner world. She mentally imagines them together and then cuts things off mid scene, tries to force herself to sleep, or goes and makes jalebis.

Several facets of Khushi's personality that we know from the start kind of contribute to her current frozen mindset-first, of course, is that she has no good goddamn clue what the physical feelings that ASR stirs in her are. When she's being stalked like a doe in the woods, she seems to have about as much idea as Bambi would about what this brooding intense guy wants from her.  She reacts, of course, but why she is reacting is as much a mystery  to her as her ability to always buy matching hair and kameez pompoms is to me.

ASR, he knows whats going on with him physically, and so can focus on his reactions to Khushi emotionally (and by the way, if I see one more grammatically/ butchered " Is ASR VARGIN?"  type post from our resident 13 year olds, I will shoot myself).

Finally there is the issue of her being trained since childhood to mask her emotions, and always, always make sure she's not going to be left behind by a loved one by being the one who protects others, and that has now stretched to include ASR's family/Lavaniya.

She responded to him during Diwali, but the shot that resonated for me  was how she focused on Lavaniya's head on his shoulders, and smiled through her tears for Lavaniya's sake as well when she was brought back to the party. There was the scene where she needed to feed everyone sweets to be included somehow even in the breaking of her own heart. She wont be offering that battered organ to the man who woke it up, and then strangled it, all in one go.

She then got engaged to Shyam, and I for one would have had a problem with physical Rabba Ve moments between the two of them, while Khushi has voluntarily engaged herself to another man.  She still does not know that La is not going to marry ASR, and so any heart rending sighs and sobs would be out of place for her to indulge in, because she truly wants La's happiness, and wont betray her, or her own self respect. I commend that,

Now, if the journey to allowing herself to fall in love with him fully doesn't start after the Payash engagement when she knows they are both footloose and fancy free, the CVs will have an angry monster on their hands, and I don't mean the Rakshas, I mean me...

--Sobi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
i think so that she feels for arnav...but she doesnt want to admit arnav is getting engaged to La (Thats wht she thinks)...but she does have feelings for him for sure

And for arnav i think that he doesnt want to admit his feelings b/c he is afraid that he might get betrayed...thats wht 1 of the promos also showed...that he loves her but does not want to let her know!!
Chasing_Shadows thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I honestly feel Khushi isn't in love with Arnav... its just infatuation...she still hasnt realised wht that feeling is ... remember how she keeps saying pata nahi hume kya hua hai ...hume samajh nahi raha etc... IMO she was starting to fall for him when the diwali fiasco happened and he brushed her aside rudely.. and after that he kept hurting her again by his gold digger remarks.. I guess after the incident where he offered her the lehnga as a tip she gave up her feelings for him completely... Its still a crush from her side but ASR is in love with her and that's why we get to see more strong emotions from his side 😳😳😳

About her not disclosing Shayams truth ... yeah that is indeed weird and something which I don't support her for ... but she is a very young girl and very immature!! How could her stupid family let her go alone and deal with this isse is beyond me!! This is a very serious thing and they should have gone with her to give her support. They are acting like its all Khushi's fault and its her responsibility to sort it out 🤢 An 18 year old girl doesn't have that much maturity to deal with such a major issue especially when a 30 something woman is sobbing hysterically over a magalsutra ka hadsa 😕😆 Had I been in her place I would have run too!! 😆 Although she's being super idiotic by beleivin that syam will imrpve and all but oh well she's immature I guess .. I blame her family and her so called mom for not telling her it's wrong ... they are all a bunch of losers!

P.S You write really well!! Love reading ur posts!!  😳
Edited by Chasing_Shadows - 12 years ago
HeadOverHeels thumbnail
Originally posted by: sayani_monaya

if kkg had really knwn abt shyam's evil nature,dat shyam was d 1 who tried 2 kill her babuji,she wd hv certainly disclosed d truth 2 anjali irrespective of d mangalsutra issue,or hw gud or bad the entire raizada family is..newyz y r u hell bent on portraying khushi as a bad person???

A bad person? When did I say that? I actually love the character that is Khushi. I just think the CVs are doing her (and the show) an injustice by changing the things about her that makes the audience love her so much. There is young and then there is young, there is silly and then more silly... It's not the character, it's what's being scripted.
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: napstermonster

I think this whole ASR versus Khushi realization track has been done deliberately, and I really hope Im not giving the CVs too much credit here. ASR does not care about hurting others, or peoples' happiness in general, his world is his Di, and he exists for himself and for her. He has been pretty upfront with himself, and his inner monologue is direct. He has the freedom for self examination, because he has only himself to think of, and his own reactions are all he considers. Khushi puts herself last, and while that irritates the hell out of me, this has been a consistent character trait, and in this instance, it means she wont give herself the luxury of examining a desire and longing she feels she has no right to. Think of how ASR speaks to himself in complete sentences, dwelling on things, replaying events again and again. In direct contrast,  Khushi wont even allow herself to finish a thought, interrupting her own mind as if she cant even have him inner world. She mentally imagines them together and then cuts things off mid scene, tries to force herself to sleep, or goes and makes jalebis.

Several facets of Khushi's personality that we know from the start kind of contribute to her current frozen mindset-first, of course, is that she has no good goddamn clue what the physical feelings that ASR stirs in her are. When she's being stalked like a doe in the woods, she seems to have about as much idea as Bambi would about what this brooding intense guy wants from her.  She reacts, of course, but why she is reacting is as much a mystery  to her as her ability to always buy matching hair and kameez pompoms is to me.

ASR, he knows whats going on with him physically, and so can focus on his reactions to Khushi emotionally (and by the way, if I see one more grammatically/ butchered " Is ASR VARGIN?"  type post from our resident 13 year olds, I will shoot myself).

Finally there is the issue of her being trained since childhood to mask her emotions, and always, always make sure she's not going to be left behind by a loved one by being the one who protects others, and that has now stretched to include ASR's family/Lavaniya.

She responded to him during Diwali, but the shot that resonated for me  was how she focused on Lavaniya's head on his shoulders, and smiled through her tears for Lavaniya's sake as well when she was brought back to the party. There was the scene where she needed to feed everyone sweets to be included somehow even in the breaking of her own heart. She wont be offering that battered organ to the man who woke it up, and then strangled it, all in one go.

She then got engaged to Shyam, and I for one would have had a problem with physical Rabba Ve moments between the two of them, while Khushi has voluntarily engaged herself to another man.  She still does not know that La is not going to marry ASR, and so any heart rending sighs and sobs would be out of place for her to indulge in, because she truly wants La's happiness, and wont betray her, or her own self respect. I commend that,

Now, if the journey to allowing herself to fall in love with him fully doesn't start after the Payash engagement when she knows they are both footloose and fancy free, the CVs will have an angry monster on their hands, and I don't mean the Rakshas, I mean me...

well said!!👏👏i think u interpret Khushi in the exact same way as i do...but u explained it so well in so much words!.

n lol i love that last line btw😆
Edited by princessunara - 12 years ago
HeadOverHeels thumbnail
Originally posted by: princessunara

di I'll answer that part in red...
One question, have u ever known someone with Khushi's characteristics?that impulsive jovial nature and happy go lucky, who bounces back no matter what happens?no matter how screwed up everything is may be after a good soul cleansing crying jag seems to act as if nothing is wrong?
well if u knew someone like that..u won't say so..cz these happy go lucky, seemingly very light hearted types use this joy as a defense mechanism..i really can't explain what it is..but for someone like that when they r faced with a problem there comes two solutions to mind..

first being, keep on thinking of it and get confused & depressed even more..
the second is start on a clean slate, pretend as if nothing happened..almost unconsciously make that decision that 'I am no longer going to care about it cz thinking about it will not make what happened to rewind'..so these people pretend even to themselves, or rather it would be right to say that they convince themselves of it..it is not living a lie..they simply accept this second option.and it gives them the strength to move on and genuinely be happy up to a certain extend despite the pain...

and the reason the 1st option is out is, these outwardly happy go lucky types actually care, care so much that the pain will be unbearable and then they'll be the first to break if they do not use this naturally built in defense mechanism..so it isn't the apparent immaturity that everyone else sees when they look at such a person..

so well, i think i can kind of understand why khushi is doing it and how she can bring herself to react like that..

n @the 1st post..definitely it brought out startling differences to the forefront for us to observe..and i really loved that final scene where she comes back to get blessings for Arnav & Lavanya..her hesitation..a small faltering in her resolve..but once again as if she is literally shaking this feeling off her head she takes the blessings on their behalf with an unsteady hand and goes away..

so hopefully she might let hope to enter her heart once again,  n soon...

I understand happy go lucky people, and that's not my point at all. She can be happy go lucky all through the show, but as someone already pointed out, this show is about her and him, not him and his feelings for her, and her and everyone else's feelings BUT what she feels for him. It's not being shown, it's as simple as that. Otherwise, add a little more maturity to her and she's good to go. Hope that makes sense.