#Devils Den- A Tribute To The Antagonists!# - Page 37

Posted: 12 years ago
I agree I do not want them working for Ekta, especially together!

I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing them in a new show together, although it should be completely different from GHSP. But the problem is, GHSP was so epic, I can't see any love story really being different from it because any love story will look like it is copying an aspect of GHSP because our show spanned the whole gamut of epic romance and intimate romance, and humourous romance etc.

It would be great to see these two together onscreen again, for their sheer magnetic power as a couple but I agree the story would have to be completely fresh. No Mahi, no taveez but  a new soundtrack and a new symbol...you get the idea.

@Anu: I have to disagree with you here. There is a shift going on now, which I actually like to believe started with Geet. People are really investing in couples and their stories. Look at SP itself. How many shows remain full of drama, from the frenemy show, to Navya to the new behna show, the focus is shifting from drama to romance because people have seen what a good onscreen couple can do to fans and how it can make them stick to a show through thick and thin. So I think that Maaneet and GHSP were a rarity when it started, which is part of why it was so surprising and such a huge success but also, now big channels are adopting that model, obviously not as well but still, so a niche channel like SO becomes redundant. Hence LOK, It think.
Yea Sammy .. see I think even if they do a season 2 ... idk how that works.. i think the producers of the first season give rights to the next one? i have no clue .. but if their characters remained the same then it would be amazing bcz itd almost be like continuing to watch the same people just the situations have been altered.. but trying to recreate that would be bad.. and then theres a completely new show/characters/storyline.. and that would do even more wonders!

And I agree I think GHSP set a trend that life doesn't have to be full of drama or full of comedy .. it can be a mixture even when there's high on drama.. and now other shows are adopting that model since they can see how well it worked out!

Z
Ok girls I'm off to bed! Talk to you all later =)  <3

Z
@Exactly! I mean SO's other really good shows like MJHT and DMG were also about romance but they also had that "youth" tag. GHSP, however, was universal and everybody could relate and watch it. There was enough depth for more serious viewers who took the time to see it as well as viewers who just watched it as a show, though I am sure even they felt the depth even if hey didn't articulate it in a space like this one. My point is, that everybody loves a good story, especially a love story and that is why Bollywood movies were so good at their OTT best in the 90s like KKHH and DDLJ etc.

Now bigger channels are cashing in on this concept of the love story, and people growing into love with one another. Another thing I think started with GHSP was the strong, complex male protagonist who had just as much a right to have emotions, be hurt, tricked and confused and love deeply. From the beginning, MSK had clear feelings and reactions and wasn't just an object for Geet to work off of. I was watching that first scene Shivi put up this morning and Maan's expression when Geet ties the hanky on his hand says it all. The fact that he is so shaken by her one simple gesture of selfless kindness shows how much hostility he is used to in his life, that he can be so surprised and touched by such a simple thing she did. His character had depth and history and meaning.

I see that happening a lot again in shows now. Even in a show like DABH, which to a large extent follows the saas-bahu model until now, has such a strong male lead. This is new for that genre I think, where men were always at the office or being fooled into thinking their wives were cheating by their evil mothers etc. Here the male protaginist is finding a way to bring his wife and his mother to an understanding and that sort of quietly strong male always echoes MSK for me, even though the characters are leagues apart. They have a voice, they have feelings, they react.

Good night then! Sweet MSK dreams! 😊
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago
@ All: Hi again people!

And I so don't want DD to work with Ekta...I don't watch any other hindi TV show but have gotten an idea of the shows. From what I know of Ekta her shows start of fine but then go downhill (far far far far far worse than Geet ever could be).

I agree to a certain extent that we shouldn't attempt to copy the show again but I think with a new story, our leads will shine again.

Gurti are amazing individually but together they create magic and so it won't be wrong to say that whatever new show they do TOGETHER would be amazing!
@Sammy

U really think so about the shift???...Naaa

Look at all TRP gaing shows which are named NO. 1...and No. 2 and so onnn

Tell me...Do we even get to see half the things on leads which we saw with Maaneet????
I have been a part of  such a TRP show Bidaai...till the end we kept on crying for Ragini Ranvee love and romance .. do u know what responce we used to get... RAOMANCE DOES NOT GET TRP's,  DRAMA is needed...

That is exactly what Star Plus and Colors show are doing...baby swapping, Woman torcher, marriage swapping, guy marring 1534345 tiimes and claming he loves all his wifes  bla bla bla

Let me be honest...Geet on STAR PLUS NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN SAME...trust me...

WE were spoiled bunch...we have got few epis where it was 22 mins maaneet...or atleast 15 mins maaneet...

I was watching the cookery show today ..and what i see the heroin all 😳...

And this same thing will be shown in LIFE OK now😳...YIKESSS🤢...

as though shows claiming to be REAL LIFE DRAMA are not enough
@Z..

Well..that is the reason we LOVE GEET...

But channels like Star Plus and mainly COLORs will never get that...
they only see TRP's and what gets TRP is Drama...

let me tell u..Star Plus Gives a DAM to Net fans and that is the harsh reality we faced when we were fighting for Bidaai...

let us face fact guys...Channel's do not work on EMOTIONS but TRP...even if DIRTIEST OF TRACK GIVES THEM TRP's THEY WILL DO IT...
be it marriage, child, man, woman swapping anything
@Anu: See, when I say shift I don't mean like all of a sudden they are going to do pure love stories like Geet. What I mean is that they are leaning more in that direction, rather than focusing only on drama. Couples are being introduced and built up slowly and you can't deny that SP has also started catering to a youth audience now, while the wife-swapping, child-swapping shows were mainly for housewives etc. Even big channels like Sony, Zee etc are doing the same with their new shows. The one show is gaining high TRPs but it is the last of its genre, I think.

Colors has now become the only channel that is still catering to that drama, drama, drama formula if you really think about it. So yeah, there is a shift. It doesn't mean that shows have no drama left but there is definitely more emphasis on the strong couple dealing with things aspect of things, rather than them being separated.
Now it looks like even in the SP show the story is over lavanya will leave arnav shyam is exposed his truth is revealed in front of khushi so now it will either be KMH1 or a saas bahu saga
tell me honestly is there any kind of chemistry beteen the leads
Now so wish that if we eve get a season 2 of geet it should be in some other channel Life ok is a depressed channel I don't know something inside me tells me that it will meet the same fate as channel 9x met
Samana sorry to interrup tell me honestly are the love stories shown in SP strong like maneet couples hardly interact with one another we always said that maneet lack communication but couples in SP do not have this much communication also they are mere puppets in the hands of their families