Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

GC on his journey as Maan--indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Gurmeet Choudhary on his journey as Maan

Gurmeet Choudhary known as the angry young man of television, has scaled new heights with the popularity of his role as the angry yet romantic Maan Singh Khurana in STAR One's Geet. The heartthrob of millions Gurmeet, chats about his show Geet and the cherished memories of the show.

How was your experience of playing the character of Maan Singh Khurana?
I don't know what to say but I am really happy that I got this great opportunity & experience to play the role of the rough and tough Maan Singh Khurana. As Maan, I got to essay varied emotions. It was my honour to play this wonderful role.

How did Geet change your life and career?
I never imagined that Geet would change my life and my career. Before this show, I was called Lord Ram, so it was a challenge for me to play the role of Maan Singh Khurana. With Geet, Maan became an iconic character on television and I am ecstatic that I got to be part of such a wonderful character on television.

What will you miss most from the show and why?
I will miss everything - right from getting up early for the shoot, my make-up room, dhamal and masti we had on the sets. But mostly importantly, my fans who used to come on the sets. I guess everything has to end and we have to move on in life.

How did you celebrate your last day of the shoot?
After our last shot, there was a cake cutting ceremony. Everyone got very emotional as it was the last day of the shoot. It was truly touching.

What next after Geet?
I have no idea. I am simply relaxing for now and concentrating on my physique and health. When a good offer comes along, I will definitely do it.

What will you remember about Geet five years down the line?
This show gave me a chance to essay a role that had everything -action, romance, comedy, dance and emotions. Maan was like a training ground for a film role. As Maan, I can say I played many characters which is why I feel this role was like a mini training for me, which is what I will remember the most.

Do tell us a fan interaction that took you by surprise?
During the last day of the shoot, I met a 70-year-old lady who told me that she loves my acting and if I was of her age, she would have married me. It was amusing yet touching to feel her love for me. It was truly emotional too. I guess it proves Geet is popular among all age groups.

Which was the most satisfying scene for you in the show?
It will be tough to select one scene from the wonderful journey of 500 episodes of Geet. I guess every scene which made my fans happy or emotional, were the most satisfying for me as an actor.

Starone.in news
Thursday, December 15, 2011
    0  LIKE  |  

http://www.starone.in/news/2702/gurmeet-choudhary-on-his-journey-as-maan.aspx
Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail
This show gave me a chance to essay a role that had everything -action, romance, comedy, dance and emotions. Maan was like a training ground for a film role. As Maan, I can say I played many characters which is why I feel this role was like a mini training for me, which is what I will remember the most.

^^ totally agree... GC as MSK ..did ..almost everything ... and his hardwork really made Maan.. a part of legendary characters!! <3
aanyakunat thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks... nice interview... ðŸ˜Š 

damn! GC voiced my thoughts! even i used to think GC and DD has done everything in GHSP and shown their versatility like no other actors in any television show... looking at them any filmmaker would be a fool not to cast them in their film...
rukshana2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
we really missing you Msk do something guys 
Madhusk thumbnail

V WANT SEASON 2 ...V LUV U..V MISS U ...COME BACK SOON...GC N DD...

maanluvsgeet thumbnail
awesome article.

thnx tanu di
CSSK thumbnail

very nice article thanks for sharing.

Asmi13 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot for sharing😊
Plz come back in ur lives with DD ASAP...missing both of u