India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Mangalsutra an auspicious thread...

cutepearl Groupbie
cutepearl
cutepearl

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 2:51am | IP Logged
Many people on the forum have raised their dissatisfaction with the scene where Anjali gets upset when her Mangalsutra breaks and falls off...
But I dont think that it is useless to be upset because such is the significance of that sacred thread...

The word mangalsutra literally means "an auspicious thread"... It is comparable to the wedding ring of the West... A married woman is expected to wear the mangalsutra until her husband's death... Married women are entitled to wear Mangalsutra throughout their life as it is believed that the practice enhances the well-being of her husband and family... It is also considered that the mangalsutra protects the marriage from any evil... Its only when the husband dies, the wife removes the mangalsutra... In that aspect, breaking of Mangalsutra is considered to be a very bad omen... I think this practice is majorly followed in South Indian states as Mangalsutra is major part of the south Indian wedding ceremony...

Though now-a-days its become normal to remove it every night or when going to parlours and all, I still see lots of people having utmost respect for the mangalsutra and they never remove it... And from Anjali's POV, she being very religious and unaware of her husband's bad intentions is absolutely right to get upset with that bad omen and praying for his well being... And from her dialogues that they had in the show, I feel they wanted to show how much she loves him and is connected to him emotionally and nothing like she is just dependent on him for monetary issues since she herself is from a rich family... Seeing her so emotionally connected to her husband, Khushi got more worried for Anjali and couldnt reveal the truth to her...

This is just my point of view... I am sorry if I hurt anyone with my post... This post is just to show that Anjali being upset on her Mangalsutra breaking does have some sense to it... Sorry if the post is irrelevant...

Edited by cutepearl - 15 December 2011 at 3:24am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

xara123Swap-Arhi

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top