Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

KI - Standing Ovation to GHSP !!!!! - Page 2

dewdropred thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

"Geet has been an unforgettable experience" - Drashti Dhami and Gurmeet Choudhary

Drashti Dhami and Gurmeet Choudhary

For the past two years, people have adored them; cried and laughed with them and have shared each and every small aspect of their life. Wondering who we are talking about, well, it's the daily soap Geet Hui Sabse Parayi's on screen couple Maan (Gurmeet Choudhary)-Geet (Drashti Dhami). In an exclusive interview with Tellychakkar.com, television's most beloved couple gets nostalgic on the last day of the shoot and shares its experience on sets, about the show and their fans.

Your show Geet has come to an end. How has the journey been?

Gurmeet: The journey has been an excellent one and we have enjoyed throughout. Each day taught us something new. The entire crew of Geet has become one big family and I will definitely miss each and every one of them. The experience has been awesome.

Drashti: I agree. It has been an amazing and fabulous experience. I have never received so much love before. I have worked for almost two years on the show, but now it is time to part ways. It is an emotional moment.

How was the last day of shoot?

Gurmeet: It was really emotional as I got the opportunity to meet the technicians, the people who all were earlier associated with the show. Fans from different countries and places came down specially to meet us. I also tried my hands behind the camera for some shots. (Smiles)

Drashti: I would say that the entire crew was going mad. We were clicking pictures together and even cut a cake. We cut almost 5 to 6 cakes. Not only this, I got an opportunity to meet some of my fans. They were very emotional with Geet going off-air. The fans were crying and they had brought gifts for us which was really sweet of them. I am overwhelmed.

Did you ever think that Geet will become so popular?

Gurmeet: I was sure that the show will work, but I didn't ever think it will get such a great fan following. I think the credit for the show's success should go to our fans.

Drashti: Honestly, I never thought people will love the show to such an extent. I have done some shows in the past but the amount of love and affection that I have received through Geet is something that I never ever dreamt of.

Are there any memories from this show which you will always cherish?

Gurmeet: Memories toh bahut hai'But I am happy that the show is ending on the right note and we have been able to do justice to the love and affection that we have received from our fans. I haven't worked as hard on any other show. I owe everything to the show.

Drashti: Each day on the sets of Geet has been a sweet memory, so I can't pick any single memory. But the show will always be special to me as I have lived and breathed this character.

Fans went berserk with the news of Geet going off air. They even visited the sets. How was the experience?

Gurmeet: Since this news broke, fans have been visiting our sets continuously. Just recently, a 70 year old lady from US visited our sets. She brought a photo of her in her youth. Not only this, she also said that if she was born 50 years later than she actually did, she would have married me.

Drashti: The fans were amazing. I was surprised to see them travelling from Dubai, US, Bengaluru, only to meet their Geet and Maan.

Any message to fans?

Gurmeet: I never thought that I will be loved so much by people. The fame and recognition that I have received is all because of my fans. Thank you for the love and support you have given me. Please continue to love me and I promise I will be back very soon with something different.

Drashti: I love you all. Please keep loving and supporting me and in return I will continue to entertain you.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anita1118 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
gurti...maaneet always rocked and will continue to rock in our hearts! 
Loquacious_Aash thumbnail
okies i am here as promised...

but am going for shower..

brb in 20 mins..

Anita1118 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aashluvsmaan

okies i am here as promised...

but am going for shower..

brb in 20 mins..

come back quickly...kyunki right now tho main akeli bhoot ki tarah thread mein bhatak rahi hoon😭😭😭
leverne thumbnail
ani di mein hoon na...aaash come soon sweety

Anita1118 thumbnail
@reni...how is work going?  kya huva why so upset?  Besides GHSP ending?😭😭😭😭
sur001 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I was crying when Maneet said goodbye. . .Wont be ever able to forget them,they have become a part of my life. . .i hate star one. . .I just wish a happy and successful life to Gurti
leverne thumbnail
hey arthi ani di nothing i am fine now..we have a long battle no time for being upste
Anita1118 thumbnail
@reni...u r right...we have a long battle...can't be upset...we have to keep fighting for DD & GC...and for them to come back...
Edited by Anita1118 - 12 years ago
leverne thumbnail
where is everyone...today was supposed to be CI dhamaal...