Positives and negatives !!

kvva thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I could not help but make this post. This show is different from other shows there is not doubt in it. Probably the reason why I am still watching it, apart from the time slot (8:00pm the time at which we eat).  Some things are too good and some things put me off completely,

Positives
 They are showing interesting,  heterogenous characters and each of the character has some thing to cherish, something new to offer. They surprise us many a times because of the depth with which these characters are sketched, executed etc. All the characters have something to offer and  most of the times it does not look artifically executed. They seem to evolve naturally.

For example Arman, he has authority over Ashu's life, which he got from the long companionship. He knows the shortcomings (lonliness) in Ashu's life, finding currently a way to remove that shortcoming and is working full fledged on that aspect with authority.

Rohan  is inquisitive, can't remain without responding to others. From the begining he seems to be bothered by Nidhi's behariour / non-behaviour. Keeps digging into her even inspite being told off enough number of times, presses the right buttons and keeps giving some wonderful gyaan of life. This is a pleasure to watch. This guy does not have the authority that Arman has, but he is still taking the liberty to interference because of his inherent nature.

Anji is completely supportive, protective wants to hide nidhi in her anchal. She stops reasoning after a point and follows blindly her instincts. She spontaneously comes to a decision and works full fledged based on that decision. She is less adaptive, abruptive but is completely involved with Nidhi and her pain.

Ranga an outsider to all the mess, does not want to involve himself completely, but can clearly see the things and tries to make small gestures towards others.

I can go on like this. In summary I find many contrasting but natural characters and their reactions to the situation.

Negatives

On one side they take so much of care to develop the characters, their reactions and story progression in a natural yet innovative way, which can surprise you many a times and on the otherside they make fool of themselves in some aspects.

How come Dr. Nidhi is such a super special doctor ? There is no substantial support to this, whcih they are continually bombarding us with.

A medical conference, a high profile doctor is suppossed to talk. He talks everything but medicine. 

I mean common yar, you are building one side of the show wonderfully and at the same time are completely diluting it by showing some uttern nonsense. Small care would have made it much better. For example, yesterday, Ashu should have talked briefly yet powerfully about what he learnt from Dr Nidhi, his intern as  a prolouge and then they should have shown to start his actual medical speech and then should have shown the scene to fade away.
   Why should they keep showing how Dr Nidhi and Dr Ashu keeps missing each other within a inch. Why these artificial things when you are putting lot of effort to make it look natural.

Lastly, the biggest complaint that I have.

This is an unconventiional love story. It would have been much better if they have shown it to develop only because of the interactions between the two and lesser influences from the others. What is the difference from the other stories. If one Arman is not there or if one Rohan is not there, Ashu and Nidhi would not have come together. Is it not the feeling we get ? 

Being an unconventional story, the leads and their relation should have evolved, developed and derived strength from within.  Not with the help of some external characters, however wonderfully those characters are sketched..

Please share your views.

Edited by kvva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

panjim thumbnail

I completely agree with your grievances with this show. It is undoubtedly a good serial but I do wish the makers had paid more attention to small details to create better credibility of the story and characters. How come we see Dr. A the chief surgeon fiddling with files all the time and not wielding the knife except in a few initial scenes?  Rohan has come to Lucknow to work but his only job seems to be provoking Nidhi to make her realize some truths about herself. Anji seems to be the exception; at least she is seen sketching and now she is going to design uniforms. 

achiever thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i agree.. wonderfully written.. I hope CVs read this and try n make the show better..

its different no dbt its nearing classy at one pnt.. bt thn deteriorates to substandards at other pnts..

thy try n reason out it with low TRPs, bt I say if ur product is a benchmark.. TRPs wud come one way or other.. u dont need to experiment a lot..

The plot and story is oscillating a lot.. the only saviour r actors.. which make us come back luking for those characters thy protray so beautifully..😳.. i will give a point to director for tht too!  bt clearly his work is influenced to some degree by external demands..

sadly, this TRP driven plots r taking toll on otherwise gud story.. sometimes it seems as if two minds r working on this story.. trying to pull it their way..  i dunno whos pulling which way.. bt m pretty sure.. Director/writer want to deliever it the classy way.. bt production house and channel is pulling thm the other way compelling thm to put in sudden, abrupt, stirring bizzare plots.. .. and its making it luk messy rather thn classy!..

agree, wats the need to drag with hit and miss thng.. also its completely unbelievable tht a reputed doc wud give such a random speech at a national convention.. i mean c'mon..use some brains at least!  thy raise our expectations and thn jst fall short!

bt still its grt a watch and i m pleased with it and wud remain so as long as it satisfies me and keeps me entertained..

Edited by achiever - 12 years ago
ujs30 thumbnail
agreed what u have said kwa. makers have ruined the good story line. had MB would not be there, i would have already quit the serial as there is no one else then MB, who make you to watch the serial.
[QUOTE=kvva]

How come Dr. Nidhi is such a super special doctor ? There is no substantial support to this, whcih they are continually bombarding us with.

A medical conference, a high profile doctor is suppossed to talk. He talks everything but medicine. 

I mean common yar, you are building one side of the show wonderfully and at the same time are completely diluting it by showing some uttern nonsense. Small care would have made it much better. For example, yesterday, Ashu should have talked briefly yet powerfully about what he learnt from Dr Nidhi, his intern as  a prolouge and then they should have shown to start his actual medical speech and then should have shown the scene to fade away.
   Why should they keep showing how Dr Nidhi and Dr Ashu keeps missing each other within a inch. Why these artificial things when you are putting lot of effort to make it look natural.

This is an unconventiional love story. It would have been much better if they have shown it to develop only because of the interactions between the two and lesser influences from the others. What is the difference from the other stories. If one Arman is not there or if one Rohan is not there, Ashu and Nidhi would not have come together. Is it not the feeling we get ? 

Being an unconventional story, the leads and their relation should have evolved, developed and derived strength from within.  Not with the help of some external characters, however wonderfully those characters are sketched..

completely agree with you...while watching yesterday i was also feeling that he did not need to have give a long speech about Dr. Nidhi. After all topic of speech was medical science. And they should not drag much the side character like Rohan and arman. Otherwise the show is good.

Edited by Mansi. - 12 years ago
Armu4eva thumbnail
Very well said.. totally agree n in cent percentum...! 

I too miss the leads..introspecting their feelings.. acknowledging or denying.. or whatever... There are no self talks..(tho a non reality in life.. but a realism of tv world.) which can make audience know the turmoil that the leads are experiencing..

Having said that.. to say that.. what wuld happen if there were no outside influences...well i wuld say.. the same story wuld have happened... but may be the pace wuldn have been the same.. ! As chemistry (The subject) says...the component called AGENT always accelerates a reaction... lolz!! ( i remember a quote of ahmer from DK...when sheena said.. agar tum na hote to mera kya hota...ahmer had answered...'main nahi to koi aur hota.. koi na koi hota zarur' )
kvva thumbnail

Originally posted by: achiever

i agree.. wonderfully written.. I hope CVs read this and try n make the show better..

its different no dbt its nearing classy at one pnt.. bt thn deteriorates to substandards at other pnts..

thy try n reason out it with low TRPs, bt I say if ur product is a benchmark.. TRPs wud come one way or other.. u dont need to experiment a lot..

The plot and story is oscillating a lot.. the only saviour r actors.. which make us come back luking for those characters thy protray so beautifully..😳.. i will give a point to director for tht too!  bt clearly his work is influenced to some degree by external demands..

sadly, this TRP driven plots r taking toll on otherwise gud story.. sometimes it seems as if two minds r working on this story.. trying to pull it their way..  i dunno whos pulling which way.. bt m pretty sure.. Director/writer want to deliever it the classy way.. bt production house and channel is pulling thm the other way compelling thm to put in sudden, abrupt, stirring bizzare plots.. .. and its making it luk messy rather thn classy!..

agree, wats the need to drag with hit and miss thng.. also its completely unbelievable tht a reputed doc wud give such a random speech at a national convention.. i mean c'mon..use some brains at least!  thy raise our expectations and thn jst fall short!

bt still its grt a watch and i m pleased with it and wud remain so as long as it satisfies me and keeps me entertained..

Agree with you completely, especially the bold parts

@red part, i will also watch as long as I can take the illogical parts and would leave it once it grows out of my capacity 😊

Only one point to add: They are not just doing for TRPs but also for prologing the show. I would again suggest that we should have short term shows, only then can we expect some good shows again.

kvva thumbnail

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

Very well said.. totally agree n in cent percentum...! 

I too miss the leads..introspecting their feelings.. acknowledging or denying.. or whatever... There are no self talks..(tho a non reality in life.. but a realism of tv world.) which can make audience know the turmoil that the leads are experiencing..

that.. to say that.. what wuld happen if there were no outside influences...well i wuld say.. the same story wuld have happened... butHaving said  may be the pace wuldn have been the same.. ! As chemistry (The subject) says...the component called AGENT always accelerates a reaction... lolz!! ( i remember a quote of ahmer from DK...when sheena said.. agar tum na hote to mera kya hota...ahmer had answered...'main nahi to koi aur hota.. koi na koi hota zarur' )

hey thanks agree with you.. 

@ red part: they could have even shown these things more naturally without artificial introspections, like in pachapan kambe laal diware

@ bold part: You know what, I was exactly waiting for that kind of a story. I would liked a more natural, less (artificial) masala daar  story !!

Edited by kvva - 12 years ago
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
very nicely written
and i completely agree with u
and agree with u more in negative points then positive ones