you2
you2

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 9:02pm | IP Logged

Scoops & News

Sonam all set to start four biggies in 2012

December 14, 2011 04:19:37 PM IST
Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham Editorial
Send to Friend

Sonam Kapoor is doing something that she has never done before in her four year long career so far. She has gone ahead and signed as many as four biggies, all of which would go on floors next year. For someone who has always believed in doing one or at maximum two films at a time, this is indeed a first.

view PLAYERS movie stills

view PLAYERS movie stills

Confirms a close associate of the star-daughter, ''Yes, Sonam has signed four big films with some of the biggest filmmakers. She would be starting working on these films next year after the release of PLAYERS. In the past she had only six releases in four years (SAAWARIYA, DELHI 6, I HATE LUV STORYS, AISHA, THANK YOU and MAUSAM). All of that would change from next year onwards as she has now picked up multiple films.''

Though Sonam is keeping cards close to her chest and not quite willing to reveal the names of these films, at least one of these is expected to be the Rajkumar Santoshi film that she is doing with Abhay Deol for her home banner. Moreover, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's BHAGAM BHAG with Farhan Akhar was already announced a few weeks back.

CHECK OUT: When PLAYERS moved from Five Star to North Pole

''Yes, that's the film which I confirmed a few weeks back. Other than this there are three more films for which the producers should be making an announcement soon,'' says Sonam who credits the sudden splurge of offers to the accolades she gained for her performance in MAUSAM.

She refuses to be drawn into comparisons and denies that her sudden decision to do multiple films has anything to do with her contemporaries (read Deepika Padukone and Anushka Sharma) spreading their wings. ''I have always done things my own ways and competed with myself than anyone else. I am doing these films not because I want to gain any numbers but because I genuinely want to them. I would have just wanted to sit on a pile of films; I could have done that long time back.''

WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mommytobe

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Wow, exciting! Happy for her :) I've learned not to expect much from her 'biggie' films though...it always leads to disappointment.

Are these the 4 films:

-Rakesh Mehra's film opp Farhan
-Rajkumar Santoshi's film opp Abhay
-Mani Ratnam's film
-Punit Malhotra's film opp Imran

?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LifeOLicious

Antlers IF-Sizzlerz
Antlers
Antlers

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by goneforever

What appreciation for Mausam?!  LOL  I hope all her new films flop miserably and Bollywood realizes she is not needed! 

LOL bollywood hasnt realized if she has given 4 projects! there is always work for someone in enterainment industry no matter what department it is! 
LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IHeartDeepika

Wow, exciting! Happy for her :) I've learned not to expect much from her 'biggie' films though...it always leads to disappointment.

Very true. It's best not to expect anything. Good for Sona she is getting work. I thought she was going to have to become a permanent model after Mausam tanked! LOL
TintinleMechant IF-Dazzler
TintinleMechant
TintinleMechant

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
I like that she's going to do 4, perhaps she can try out some different characters and one might strike a chord with the audience. Still hoping she's not in the Mani Ratnam film though, there are tons of other actresses who are probably more fitting.

Also, I oddly enjoyed her and Abhays chemistry.
WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top