sweetnandu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
lovely update dear..
but pld do update soon..😳😳
Chocochips thumbnail
Chapter 12 You and Me

Hey guys, Thank you so much for all your comments, I will reply back!!!!!!!!! Oh and please add me if you want a pm. Thanks

Armaan and Riddhima were having a silent staring contest, when the nurse entered to check Riddhima. She stared at the strange frowning expressions of the duo, who otherwise always seemed to look at each wit eyes filled with love. She was the attending nurse for Riddhima, who has been in the hospital for the past two weeks and a witness to blossoming love between both of them. Initially, she thought both were married, because Armaan's concern and him staying back every night with her. But her assumption was cleared in an embarrassing situation when Armaan told her he was not Riddhima's husband when she had to dress Riddhima's wounds in front of him and rushed out before Riddhima's face could turn any more red. But regardless of that, she was sure that both loved each deeply and their irrational bickering was just an essence of their love.

Smiling at the duo, she cleared her throat disrupting their stare down. Armaan blinked first, resulting in the brightest grin anyone could muster on Riddhima's face. "Yes! I won!  Armaan you have to let me do what I want and that's it", Riddhima said while clapping both of her hands together. Armaan frowned a little, "No Riddhima! I'm not letting you and that's it", he declared. The Nurse cleared her throat again, "If you two are finished with your staring contest, can I please do my work", she asked looking at the two of them. "Nurse, is Riddhima in any condition to travel, dance or do anything that strains her bones", he asked seriously.  "Riddhima has healed, but it would not be wise to do anything to rewound the wounds", she said staring at Riddhima's frowning face. "But Nurse, I'm a doctor too, trust me I won't make any rash movements that would hurt the wound", she pleaded. "Riddhima, please you are not going and that is it", he frowned at her.  The nurse decided to stop this argument, "Armaan, It's time for her dressing", she said to which Armaan silently got up and left the room after giving Riddhima one stern look. Riddhima pouted at his retreating back and folded her arms. The Nurse smiled at Riddhima's expression once he left the room.

"I'm a doctor, I can take care of myself, but nope he doesn't believe me at all. I'm never going to speak to him again", she declared once the Nurse started with her checkup and everything. The Nurse shook her head, "You should cut him some slack, he really cares about you", she said while bandaging her wounds again. "I know that, but why can't he listen for once. I've been listening to him for the past week or so, he's been treating be as if I was a delicate little kid. Don't I deserve a reward for listening to him? I wanted to go see that concert since the past two months. I'm so not talking to him for sure", she crossed at her arms stubbornly. "But are you so sure you can live without talking to him", the nurse teased her. "Yes I can", she answered determinedly. "Are you sure you could stay without him staying over", she asked.  "Yes." "And are you sure you can live without seeing him for a day", she challenged Riddhima. "No'I mean no, 'Yes.. I'm sure I can", she answered turning her face away hiding her blush.  The Nurse winked at her, patted her forehead and left the room.

She knew what the nurse was getting at and no matter how angry she is about him, nothing can change the fact that living without seeing him was an impossibility in her life. They have grown so much closer ever since the incident that for the first time in life she felt she found a chain she could hang onto for life without thinking whether it would break or not. Initially, she feared he would leave her and go away, but he stood by his promise and stayed with her. And ever since then, their bond has only grown with each passing day.

Armaan leaned against the wall outside the hospital room thinking about everything that has happened since the incident. He was with Riddhima continuously for three days until he was sure he could leave without worrying much about her, neglecting his work and the case. Atul and Anjali visited everyday, along with Muskaan as well. And though the three of them could see the concern for her in his eyes, none of them said anything. Anjali was completely distraught by the incident and feared about any future danger Riddhima might face as she was indirectly involved in seeing the criminal, but Armaan with the help of Muskaan went back and hunted the guy and kept him in custody and assured her that Riddhima was in no danger.  Apparently he had been hiding ever since he shot Riddhima in a some old worn out shack and with Muskaan keeping tabs on the gang ever since they came back from the wedding, it was easy to locate him. But what was worse for her to handle was Armaan's fury which led him to beating the guy black and blue to the point the criminal fell completely unconscious. Muskaan had to force Armaan away before he killed a potential target that could lead them to solving the case. And ever since then he had been in chained up in a cell at the headquarters.

So Anjali was convinced, Atul was also much more in peace now that Riddhima was healing quickly. But what became a major complication for them was keeping Riddhima's accident, as they decided to call it away from Dr. Shashank, Padma and Nani upon Riddhima's and Anjali's insistence. But the one good thing in all this mess was the fact that Dr. Shashank was going to be out of the country for the next two months due to some work, so they could convince him that Riddhima was fine and going to the hospital by convincing the head doctor at Sanjeevani.  So that problem was solved, but they told Padma and Nani about the fact that she had an accident and that completely left them distraught. They visited Riddhima regularly and would insist on staying back at night too, but Nikki would assure them that she would take care of Riddhima.  But throughout it all, they had made both Padma and Nani promise them they would not tell Shashank anything at all, to which they reluctantly agreed.  Anjali knew that once Dr. Shashank found out Riddhima had been shot, he would send her away from Mumbai forever and keep her protected for the rest of her life. She knew his possible overreaction was completely over the top but then again she wondered if her rebelling against her dad about becoming an FBI officer, getting married or anything else life has scarred him to an extent where he would do anything possible to make sure he wouldn't have to deal with any complications with Riddhima. But that thought also brought her to a standstill as she saw the growing bond between Armaan and Riddhima that was so visible to everyone. Initially she thought they were good friends but she slowly started to realize that her baby sister was falling in love and that worried her more about her future. She knew that the way things for going, life would possibly complicate things for her sister, especially on the family front as well as other things as well. Being an FBI officer herself, she knew the danger and unpredictable lifestyle they faced everyday and it was hard for any normal person to understand and accept it with a lot of stride. But Riddhima was different, she always stood up for her in front of her parents, be it for her career or about Atul. So she knew if she were to share her life with Armaan and by the way things looked between them they would be happy together. She knew Armaan loved her a lot, anyone could see it in his eyes. She just prayed to god, that history would not repeat with Riddhima and that everything completely worked out.

Though Armaan was able to convince Anjali, ever since the incident he had not slept peacefully in two weeks. He knew they did all that  they could to destroy evidences of Riddhima's involvement with them what so ever, but knowing and feeling assured were two very different things. His mind told him to calm down but his heart rebelled and cried at the thought of something happening to Riddhima ever again. The sight of Riddhima's body drenched with her blood would always haunt him and he would do anything to witness that ever again. This thought led him down to a series of depressing thoughts as he thought about their present, where they were heading and what the future could hold, if they had any together and that thought pierced him too. His mind, the most responsible part of the body told him to leave, go away from her, hunt down Raghav, finish the case and any possible danger that could indirectly or directly hurt her. It told him to bring back that hard exterior shell where he did not let many people near, through which she had so effortlessly penetrated since the day he had laid his eyes on her. But his heart, being the soft emotionally creature it is, told him to stay with her, continue with the case with a strength that would give him courage and confidence to be able to stay with her and still hunt down the most sought after criminals in the world. It told him that she had loved him too, as deeply as he did and leaving her would not only crash his world, but hers as well and that smile that brought the brightest sunshine and cleared the darkest grays in his life would vanish as well. And that brought on another complication, he knew staying might hurt, but leaving would mostly definitely hurt her. Sometimes he wondered why god was playing such a game, he wished he had not met her at all sometimes, atleast she would not have to thrown into a mess which had an unpredictable future. But his heart ached at the thought of having never known her. He knew no matter where life was taking him, the consequences all considered, he would never regret fate for meeting her, falling in love with her, or making him completely indispensible to her even if it threatened to kill him because if he had to he would give up his life without a blink for her. And that desire and love for her had made him stay back, though he did not know if he could stay with her forever, wish he did but that was another thing all together. He let destiny have its way, like he did from the very first time he met her.

The Nurse came out and told him she was done, he walked in to see a slightly red cheeked Riddhima who started frowning again as she saw him enter. He saw the change in expression and smiled. "Kya hua Riddhima, who were you blushing about", he asked her touching her cheek lightly. "No one and even if I am then that's none of your business", she said stubbornly.  "You're still angry about the concert, aren't you?" "Very Smart  Agent Mallik! I'm glad you figured that out but-" she was about to finish but Dr. Shruthi who was replacing Nikki as her attending doctor for a couple of days came in to check her and that brought on another frown on her face. "Hi Dr. Riddhima, I have your reports you should be able to be discharged in two days", she said while turning to Armaan, "How's your arm officer? I hope it isn't hurting", she asked while battling her lashes at him, while another line added on Riddhima's already creased forehead.  Dr. Shruti had been flirting with Armaan and giving him more concern than needed and Riddhima completely disliked this. Armaan looked back at Riddhima and said, "No Doctor. I'm much better", he said as politely as he could, he was a fan of her persistent flirting either. "Much better, but you're not completely cured, here let me check it once again", she reached out to check his arm. But Armaan who was observing Riddhima's fuming expressions tried to suppress a smile. "Uhh'.no its okay. I'm fine", he said moving a step back.  She turned back to Riddhima, check her pulse again and was about to leave, but turned to armaan and said, "well, if you have any other problem do let me know, I'm specializing in these things", she winked before leaving Riddhima with her mouth wide open.  Armaan saw her expression and tried to suppress his laughter to the best he could but guffawed which Riddhima returned with a deadly glare. "So you were saying something Riddhima..", he said trying to make conversation but failing miserably and started laughing at her expression. "Why do you care? Go to Dr. Shruti, she specializes in certain things", she said fuming.  She went upto her and pretended to sniff something, "Kuch jalne ki smell nahi aarahe na Riddhima", he asked while hiding his smile, pretending to suddenly be very interested in this subject. She gave him another deadly glare, "Mein jal nahi rahi hun". "I'm not saying you are Riddhima, mai tho wo cheez se keh rahi jo jal raha", he said cheekily. And in the mean time his phone rang, "Fine, I'll be there", he answered back to which Riddhima's anger cooled and she asked him morosely, "You're leaving?" He turned to look at her face, he did not want to leave her either, "Yes, I need to go." "Where", she asked. He grinned naughtily, bent up to her ear and whispered huskily, "Dr. Shruthi ke pass, jo certain specialities offer karthi hai", he said while winking at her. That brought on such an expression on Riddhima's face that he couldn't help himself from laughing. "I'm joking Riddhima, of course I'm not going to her, Atul ka phone tha, he wants me to come, but don't worry I'll be back in a couple of hours, take care okay", he said while caressing her cheek. "And another thing Riddhima he said while bending down to her ear, this time making sure he was deliberately closer, "I only want a certain Dr. Gupta's specialties, nothing else", making his breath tickle her year. He pulled out and winked with a naughty smile, leaving a confused looking Riddhima behind, whose blush became more pronounced as she finally understood what he said.  She looked at his retreating back and shook her head.

Okay done woth the part!!! I'm sorry I haven't updated much in the past one month, but I was busy! I promise from now on the story will be updated more often and progressing at a faster pace. Do tell me how I'm doing! and thank you for all your lovely comments and likes!!!!!😊

Edited by Chocochips - 12 years ago
sjain thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
res

u updated after SOO long ..and that too this super tiny installment :(

Chocochips thumbnail
Originally posted by: mansibharti

That was such an awww part, action packed and then lovey dovey... it was almost funny when he was handling that bad guy and Ridhhima stood there insisting on watching the show like some street fight...good job. I just worry now that this unfortunate incident may push Armaan away from Ridhhima, you know he was already fretting over putting her life in some unknown danger and now that his worst fear did came to pass I wonder what his next step would be I just hope he beats that man black and blue but fulfills his promise of staying with her. Waiting for the next already Thanks for the pm 😃

Hey! Thank you so much!!! I'm so glad you liked it!😊 And as for what Armaan will do next will be revealed in the next few parts!!!!! And no problem about the pm!!
Chocochips thumbnail
Originally posted by: sjain

amazing I luved it :))..I was expecting them to confess their feelings to each other :P..I hope armaan doesn't push her away from him after this iccident :((

update soon

Thank you so much!!!! As for them confessing their feelings, it will happen soon! And about Armaan...well you'll find out in the next few parts! thanks for reading!
Chocochips thumbnail
Originally posted by: zARqaa_X

Awesome part! So actiony :P

Thank you!!!!!!😊
Chocochips thumbnail
Originally posted by: blessed4

awesum part !!! hope Armaan doesn't push Ridhima away because of this incident and they confess soon !!! thanks for the pm and pl continue soon !!!

Thank you so much!!!
Chocochips thumbnail
Originally posted by: Redrose21

Awesome Part.
Hope Armaan doesn't push Riddhima away from him after this unfortunate incident.Cont soon.
Pls add me in ur PM list.

Thank you!!!! yes I will add you to my PM list!😊
Chocochips thumbnail
[QUOTE=-RaYa-]I just came across this fic and read it one go. I have become a fan of it. Its a brilliant piece of work. The entire plot is so gripping. I'm hooked to it completely. Please update soon.[/QUOTE
Aww thank you so much!!!! I'm glad you like it =)!!! 😊
Chocochips thumbnail
Originally posted by: AMMY12

Nice update.

Thank you!