Dharampatni

Mohan Is Right!...And I Support Him!!!

VandyP thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
i'm just copy pasting wat i posted in EDT...

lets not think superficially...
frankly being just 30(and i still consider myself young๐Ÿ˜†) i could relate a lot to mohan...
baapji could've been right say 20 yrs back...during bhanu's time...but today he is not!
we all have our home loans and car loans going on simultaneously...so wats the harm????
nobody has seen wat the future holds for us...so just becoz we don't know wat lies ahead we'll stop living today????
i agree mohan has a huge loan...his business is new...he has to pay a rent...but a car is something that he has longed for...infact he loves cars...
wats wrong if he wants to fulfill that one wish of his????
i mean wen u r young...u have those desires and that urge to live for urself...this is that time for mohan...
5 yrs down the line...priorities will change!
at that point wat his famuly...his children need will come first...not his own personal desires...
baapji asked him to wait 5 yrs to buy his car...a dream which he wants to fulfill now!
wats the guarantee that after 5 yrs...he will get an opportunity to fulfill this dream?
i had a lot of arguements with my family regarding this concept of EMI...believe me...the older generation will never understand!
wat mohan is buying in 13 lakhs today...and paying 18 lakhs for it in the long run...will eventually cost more than 18 lakhs after 5 yrs!
so wats the harm if he buys it now...and pays the cost which stands after 5 yrs?
frankly...i don't agree with baapji's concept...these days life is actually a race...
gone are the days of simple living and high thinking!
today u do need to soend on ur standard of living...and maintain a good impressiuon infront of others!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Mohan Gala, Zindabaad, Zindabaad.. ๐Ÿฅณ
Haay haay Kanti Gala, haay haay Kanti Gala.. ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ
Nandalala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Amen, Vandy!   You summed up my emotions completely...Baapji's 'my way or the highway' mentality doesn't fly anymore.  Its Mohan's loan, Mohan's car, Mohan's life...He is not a kid  who needs to be patronized at every turn. 

In this case, its not just patronizing, Baapji does not even care about Mohan's business, his education, his aspirations, or his car...He's basically a hypocrite who doesn't want to be proven wrong, who is driven by envy & anger because Mohan is not his heir.  

And I loved that Mohan did not back down!  Finally, all his frustrations under Baapji's repression came to the surface; it had to be told, yaar...and kudos to him for standing his ground...๐Ÿ‘
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Baapji is wrong. I don't think Mohan should wait five years to buy a car. Nor do I think he is wrong to get it on a loan.  And Baapji's adding up total cost cracked me up.  Dude, we all know. That's how loans work.  ๐Ÿ˜†

However, the show made it a point with Mohan making sure it was big, had a lot of amenities and such. I agree that he needs a nice car, but he could've started a bit smaller.  Yeah he gave the excuse that people will take him more seriously. But he could've cut back a bit.  He has no savings, and he just started his own business.  He needs to be careful on what he can take on in a personal loan, especially when his income can fluctuate so easily.  

Baapji would have a problem nevertheless, just because Mohan is getting a car. And just because it's on a loan. But mostly just because...Mohan is getting a car and getting out of his controlling grip.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
However, going back an episode.  Or even the beginning of this episode. Baapji gets up as soon as he hears EMI.  

It wouldn't matter much to Baapji whatever the price, years, down payment and monthly payments were.

vandy di..๐Ÿค—!!
i m completely bowing over uu 4 telling all d things which i wanted 2 say!!!
MOHAN GALA, d youth icon nd not d ancient icon..๐Ÿ˜!!!
i completely agree wid him, dat in dis generation no 1 wil wait 4 d right time nd ppl r getting established in such a way dat they r in a race...
baapji u f**king asss, hw dare u call MOHAN abhimani๐Ÿ˜ก?...
nd bhanu doesn't get ne1 else dan MOHAN 2 show his spinal power??๐Ÿค”...
was soo glad dat MOHAN dint ask sorry 2 baapji..!!!
u know dis EMI, loan or installment all dese things r so damn common 2day dat everybody r leading lives based on dese but baapji,hw can he xpect MOHAN 2 leave his own dreams nd follow baapji's path?/๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ...
MOHAN GALA ZINDABAD๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
sam123_0 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Baapji is right... BUT I DO NOT support him ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
This content was originally posted by: sam123_0

Baapji is right...

๐Ÿค”... muh pe fevicol glue laga dungi main teri..๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿคฃ!!
sam123_0 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Fevicol ke zaroorat nahi hai... HC has already taken care of it last night... bolti band kar di iss bande ne meri!!

Anyways becoming a bit serious and not spoiling Vandy's serious post!๐Ÿ˜†

I feel Mohan needs to learn to walk first before running... I am not asking him to wait for 5 years.. that is non-sense๐Ÿคข... but baapji is right.. Mohan doesnt even know if he is going to make a profit or not in his store's investment and is already thinking of getting another loan... Mohan should have waited atleast couple of months before he plunged into this new venture! But then again this is not how we young generation think... we want everything and we want it TODAY not tomorrow or after few months or after 5 years...

Though the CVs might not touch upon this idea or they might.. I dont know... but I think for young generation to think like this ... to have this confidence is bcoz of the family support that we have. It is seeing that our parents and their parents are stable makes us plung into taking bigger risks in life. The more stable a family is.. the more risk one thinks of taking. And Mohan is doing exactly that.. and he is right...

So yes both generations are right and both are wrong!

Kudos to the CVs to have touched upon this topic!๐Ÿ‘ Though I pray they wont mess it up later... I am not making a separate post to praise the CVs bcoz next I will regreat seeing the nonsense they have dished out !๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by sam123_0 - 12 years ago
VandyP thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
sam...frankly we do not know how much time has passed since he opened his store!
maybe its already been a few months...

and i don't think mohan is running...had he been running...he would've opted for a merc or bmw...rather than settling for just a simple sedan

u know sam...we all have hopes and aspirationsfrom our first income...wats the harm if mohan wants to buy a car with his first income?