To the World's Best Moderator! We love u Jyoti

Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand.

I was a silent stalker of the forum for a long time before I actively started participating in discussions. It was during my days as a stalker that I noticed that anyone with a problem or a question would offer refer to Jyo and ask for her to assist. "Jyo, apne PM ka dabba dhekle" they would tell her. Then, I did not understand the language of IF acronyms and kept wondering what a PM was and why it was being sent to this "Jyo".

In an effort to solve this mystery, I kept tracking all of Jyo's posts, be it in the Devil's Den or the main Forum (Only of GHSP. I promise I have never ventured outside๐Ÿ˜›). And then I knew why she was so popular.

She has this unique ability (and 14 years of serial watching experience as she says) to assess a situation perfectly and comment suitable. And her biggest plus is that she knows how to keep people grounded. If there is an episode aired which was totally flawless, she knows how to encourage everyone to enjoy the episode to the fullest, but keep their expectations for the following ones in check. And if there is an absolutely crappy episode, she knows how to pass on rays of hope for the following days to come. She knows when to be curt with people, and when to become one crazy Maaneetian and live and let live. 

People might judge her to be a very emotional person, but her actions tell me that she is as practical and logical as she is emotional. A perfect balance. 

Jyo, this journey through GHSP would not have been as much fun without all the friends each one of us made in the forum, FB and everywhere else. And the forum would not be a sane place without you. Give yourself a pat for the wonderful job done. ๐Ÿ‘

Please note, this thread is to appreciate your efforts and positivity and cheerfulness and love till now. But as you know this is not the end. Take a breather. You will have to be back soon either here or in a similar forum when Gurti come together again. So, save your danda.

Jyo, I want to take this opportunity to tell you that the first day you sent me a PM, I danced to rejoice (Suussshhh, don't tell anyone๐Ÿ˜ณ)

We absolutely love you and adore you. Thank you for everything.

PS - I am sure a lot of us were thinking about creating such a post as was I. But I want to thank Usha was putting it in words and bringing me out of my somber mood by suggesting that we create this post sooner than later. Thanks Usha ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dewdropred thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
jyoti ...

u r the best mod we all had ...love u ..,... u always answer all my & all our queries immediately  & when any help & suggesstion is needed ... u r always there for us ... thanks for being our GF mod ...

thanks priti for the thread ...
Edited by dewdropred - 12 years ago
serialwatcher16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Dear Jyoti, ๐Ÿค—

Three cheers for the best moderator, most amazing person that I have had the good fortune to meet.  

I don't know whom i am going to miss more, Maaneet or YOU. After every episode I have always been more interested in reading what points you have given and what has been your take on it. 

I love the way you are able to put your points, your arguments out without hurting the other person or putting down the other person and that is a quality truly admirable. 

I love the way that you acknowledge everybody, ignore nobody, reply to everybody. 

In this forum it is so easy to be on one side or the other but the way that you balance everybody's views makes you the best moderator in town.

I salute you for the amount fo time that you have put into this forum putting up with all of our different personalities and maintaining a sense of decorum here. 

Three cheers for you.   ๐Ÿฅณ ๐Ÿฅณ ๐Ÿฅณ

I really hope and pray that you do well in all spheres of your life, personal as well as professional as well as cultural (serial watching๐Ÿ˜›) and hope to read your analysis for another season as well. 

Hugs
usha

PS - Priti, you have written beautifully putting into words all our feelings for Jyoti as only you can.  Thanks. 
Edited by serialwatcher16 - 12 years ago
leverne thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for being there..love you..keep encouraging us in our fight if at all we lose hope..
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you, Joy  for keeping the sanity of the forum. If someone could still stay calm and unfazed after all that has passed here, it can be only  you. ๐Ÿ‘ Its not an easy job to be always politically correct, and you have still managed to get your thoughts through. 

Every weekend, after every bomb dropping, earth-shattering article ๐Ÿ˜†, thanks for being there at the right time and averting the worst. 

For staying up late till the wee hours in the morning, no matter how worse the episodes were!  The length of your takes did not reduce from day one. Your passion and love for the show never dazed. 

Always positive and smiling, you have kept us all going. I will always owe den and you for the never-say-die spirit and perseverance. 

You have been the most sanest person I've been around. Your takes, your positivity, your puzzling smilies, I am going to miss you and all the den fun more than the show. 

Thank you so much for being the "Jyoti" of this forum and may you keep spreading positive vibes always !! ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿค—

Edited by shreya- - 12 years ago
..shreyaa.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
thankyouu so much Jyoti..for maintaining the forum you are amazing person and the best mod one can ever have
you rockkk :))
RiMa_972 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Usha, Priti for this wonderful post!๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿค—

Thank you Jyo...for being the pillar of GF and whethering all the storms so gracefully! 
You always helped when we need it...always promptly answered all my silly questions๐Ÿ˜†...And most imp of all, you are the light at the end of the tunnel for us with your never-dying positive attitude all through๐Ÿ‘

Thank you for being such a wonderful person & Mod๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿค—
You can soon continue to be the same in our season 2 GF too๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‰...and we'll start pestering you all over again!๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜

Edited by riza792 - 12 years ago
drdee142 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for making this post Priti & Usha, I totally agree with you.

Jyoti you are the best Moderator, just loved how you've taken care of the affairs of GF and most of all loved your genuine care, love and enthusiasm for GHSP.

You have always been more than happy to solve our problems and issues with a smile and we truly love you and thank you

You have maintained this Forum with dignity and integrity and we applaud you ๐Ÿ‘ 

P.S. Jyoti you are one of the most positive people I've known and when we've been down in the dumps and crying & cribbing you've always put forward your positive views and made us feel better and we love you for that ๐Ÿค— 

Whenever we had any doubts or issues on IF it was just natural for us to say "Oh lets ask Jyo, she'll help us, you've been a constant and a real ROCK for us on GF"
Edited by drdee142 - 12 years ago
..AnushaGeet.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you so much for being so supportive...really appreciate it...๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
nirvanica15 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Jyo
As I mentioned in my first ever post I made in the Den and the forum, I am your big fan in the virtual world. After stalking for sometime, I too like everybody heard your name a lot and started paying attention. I loved your takes, which were simple and precise and your tukkas...
And remember we all want to enter the swarglok, so you better keep the door open...
And you always replied to everysingle post And along with that one of the first to give a warm welcome in the Den.

Hope we will get season2 and will have you as the mod againEdited by nirvanica15 - 12 years ago