ASR...I REALLY RESPECT YOU FOR THIS! - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
I was also always worried that if he breaks up with her after he comes to know about Khushi's engagement ..It will be in such bad taste. From viewers he would have lost all his credibality... he would have lost that respect from us. Now he has all the more from us. We just adore him and love him to the core... You rock ASR ...
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
So true, their conversation had nothing to do with his feelings for Khushi whatsoever it was about the fact he had no feelings for Lavanya. The CVs kept it strictly about them which is great. Arnav deserves credit for his realization that he has never been fair to Lavanya, he felt really bad for what he put her through.
jaswargikoinahi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I know. When I saw this my heart just sunk :(! But I have that much more love now for Arnav.
aura9 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

Today's episode was EPIC! The 1st really honest conversation that has happened between ASR-LA! I was right when I said yesterday that there is NO going back from that "Khushi" line! It's out there! It's also out there that he forgot the engagement date! This was mostly coz he was just not "into" the engagement to start with! He pre-poned it for ALL the wrong reasons, he even announced it initially for all the wrong reasons, and it all finally caught up to him!

He finally accepted that the way he has acted with La was wrong, and maybe he NEVER did right by her! Even bringing her to RM to start with was just to settle a score with Nani and had nothing to do with his need to be close to her, or to move their relationship along! So the entire time he was with La has been nothing but a sham of sorts! He knew that HER feelings towards him were romantic and his towards her were not, but he never felt guilt about continuing the relationship regardless! But NOW, he is no longer comfortable with this! He actually DOES respect her now!

THIS is what I have wanted ALL along! I always said I didn't want this break up to be about his feelings for Khushi! (because it really is NOT about that). I wanted it to be about his LACK of feelings for La! I wanted him to ADMIT to her that he was not in love with her, and tell her that he was not going to keep her in the dark anymore! I wanted SO badly for him to do right by her! He FINALLY did! (It's like the CV's were in my head when they wrote this scene!).๐Ÿ˜Š

So I LOVED it for this reason! ASR manned up, and did the RIGHT thing for the first time since he bought La to RM! He thought of HER, and how this is all affecting her! I think his recent observations RE the PAYASH relationship also has shown him what it looks like when two people REALLY want to be together! He could see clearly he didn't have this with La at all!

Finally, we see Arnav be the man he was meant to be! TODAY we can safely say that his Mum WOULD have been so VERY proud of her son!

Please leave your comments, always welcome!

Finally I got to see the difference between Shyam's and Arnav's cheating and I must say that there are lots.
smitar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Finally the user ASR gave way to the Arnav who was loved by his mother and is treasured by his sister.

Arnav's confusion seems to have settled. And it is past time it did.

As u rightly put it, it was done in a sympathetic & dignified manner, possible because of La's honest & brave reactions.

There is also the ghost of Khushi in the room with them, even though both of them would like to believe that the issue is all about the two of them & no one else.

Brilliant acting.

Arnav seems to have got rid of a superfluous girl friend and gained a good friend.

Did La let him off too easily?

Edited by smitar - 12 years ago
DTeacher thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Excellent post, MrDarcyFan!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Supreme talents gave us supreme acting today. 

I thought Barun was exceptional in his portrayal of the 'new' Arnav and Sana was exceptional in her portrayal of Lavanya.

You made some valid assertions, which were spot on.

MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: smitar

Finally the user ASR gave way to the Arnav who was loved by his mother and is treasured by his sister.

Arnav's confusion seems to have settled. And it is past time it did.

As u rightly put it, it was done in a sympathetic & dignified manner, possible because of La's honest & brave reactions.

There is also the ghost of Khushi in the room with them, even though both of them would like to believe that the issue is all about the two of them & no one else.

Brilliant acting.

Arnav seems to have got rid of a superfluous girl friend and gained a good friend.

Did La let him off too easily?

Smitar, I think there will be MANY who think ASR got off lightly, and La let him off lightly! But I beg to differ! I think La's reaction was someone who FINALLY has to face the truth! She herself said that she KNEW this is what he was going to say! She knew something was not right! She knew she was lying to herslef and living in a fantasy world!

So... in the end when he verbalized what she knew all along, she was hurt, but not devestated! She knew this was coming, IF he ever decided to pay attention to his LACK of romantic attachment to her! She knew she was living in a fool's paradise! ALL those times we thought La didnt notice ASR's lack of attachment to her, his apprent lack of concern... she most certainly DID! She just chose not to pay attention to it, coz if she did, she would be put in a position of having to actually do something about it! This is why even at the last moment, she tried to STOP him from saying anything, coz as soon as he says something, THAT is the end!

The elephant in the room Khushi... was NOT mentioned! This was classy on both their parts! La knows that if ASR wanted to persue Khushi, then he could have broken up with her ANY old day and done this!

She had the wisdom to know that this was NOT about that at all! She knew he was not coming to break it off with her so he can chase someone else! This was HIS way of doing the right thing by her! Just like he said "I cant keep lying to you and insulting you by lying any longer"! THIS was the point!

We cant PUNISH someone for NOT feeling something for us that WE feel for them! That is not fair! La has enough brains to realize this!

This is the differance between Arnav and Shyam! Arnav's INTENT was never to deceive anyone! But Shyam's was, and always has been! He wanted to USE two people! Arnav doesent want to use anyone! He just ended up hurting people because he dosent THINK like he said!

Also we KNOW he is not calling off the engagement coz he is trying to chase Khushi, coz as far as Arnav knows for all intents and purposes, SHE is still committed to someone else!
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 12 years ago
A... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 6
@MrDarcyFan----Lovely Post and fantastic analysisโญ๏ธ
I can call this an honest acceptance on his part and Arnav truly behaved how a sensible person should behave .Self acceptance was the most important thing tht was lacking in Arnav's character...though its not complete.Another confession is still pending but i'm happy with the current developments.Gr8 performance by Barun once again๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
--BSI-FaNaTic-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wow Barun can i get a hug too ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

You were super fantastic... I just love the way you handle the situation was fabulous... Very matured... ๐Ÿ‘
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I always knew under that tough exterior there was a man who had compassion and he proved me by calling off the engagement and doing the right thing by Lavanya.

I respect him more for this act. 

Khushi has unknowingly opened his heart and is breaking those walls he has built in his heart.