Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Confessions of Kollywood AD about a Bollywood Star

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Confessions of a Kollywood Assistant Director

"The most senior superstar you can think of [in the Mumbai film industry] is one of the biggest wh**e-mongers around"

I chose this profession because I couldn't stand the idea of sitting behind a desk. The first task I was given when I joined was a process known as 'gym boy selection'. The film needed muscular men to spout lines and perform stunts, people known as 'gym boys', thanks to their bulky statures and where they got them. The irony is that I ended up interviewing a bunch of them—all sitting behind a desk.

Some other junior artistes required on set are 'rich boys', 'rich girls' and 'models'. 'Rich girls' is film terminology for people who are fairer, usually north Indian, mostly Gujarati. They've lived here all their lives, and tend to wear more 'modern' clothes. The roles of a heroine's college friends invariably go to these 'rich girls'. 'Models' are a different category of extras. They're not models. I've heard of certain directors, like Suraj, who call over 15 'models' and end up just shooting with five. The others were for recreation. This is an industry replete with sexual escapades. It's more rampant in Telugu cinema, though. Madras is a more sober, open-mouthed community, and these days, everybody is begining to get concerned with one's image. Directors and actors are all trying to be classy, to dress better and lead lives away from the public glare. They feel conscious of the industry's lack of sophistication, compared to Bombay.

I've worked in Bollywood briefly. In terms of the casting couch, let me tell you, it's far worse than this; they just do it with style. The most senior superstar you can think of is one of the biggest wh**e-mongers around. He ends up sleeping with most of his co-stars, which, I have to say, at his age, is commendable. The only difference is he does it with such style, it's not seen as crass behaviour. Another difference is that the Bombay industry tends to be much more professional, partly because they're used to bigger films, and there's more money on the line. But, I would say, the south gives you more value for money.

+++

(He has worked in the Tamil film industry for five years)

+++

As told to Shruti Ravindran

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/confessions/confessions-of-a-kollywood-assistant-director

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This goss isn't too juicy, but I still felt like posting it... the bollywood superstar- Mr Amitabh Bachchan??
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7
Buddha B but which costars are he talking about🤔 

kya iss umar mein bi buddhe ki pichkari mein dum hai😲

No wonder he endorses chavanprash and other stuffs with such elan 😛

P.S. i need to get hold of that chavanprash bottle pronto😆
Edited by manojshonafan - 12 years ago
Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: manojshonafan

OH MY GOD!! 

BWAHAHAHAHA
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: manojshonafan

Though I was not at all shocked with this gossip but your comment made me ROFL 🤣🤣
Big B? Even at this age? ...Commendable indeed
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Clearly hints at Big B...IF its true I wonder when he gets time off from so much blogging and tweeting.
TuesdaysChild thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: kshreya2002

Clearly hints at Big B...IF its true I wonder when he gets time off from so much blogging and tweeting.

Exactly what I was thinking! 😆
He just has great sexual appetite with a high sex drive to boot. He can't help it.
SriDevi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I'm Sure it doesnt take one long to establish a connection with their co star. I'd say minutes. Still plenty of time for blogging and tweeting.