Pakistani Serials

India-Forums

Pakistani Serials
Pakistani Serials

Overrated & Underrated actors and actresses? (Page 3)

-Rafa- IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

simplytoxicstarstruckk

-Resham- Goldie
-Resham-
-Resham-

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 4:31pm | IP Logged
Well I totally agree with Hamayun Saeed and Mahnoor Baloch being overrated.Stern Smile She simply can't act.Sleepy
In underated i would say Sarwat Gillani.I think she is a really good and mature actress and should be given more opportunities.Smile

Edited by -Resham- - 20 December 2011 at 4:31pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

simplytoxicstarstruckk

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RafAholic

Interesting post :)

I think a lot of the seniors are overrated. Humayun Saeed DEFINITELY overrated! Couldn't stand the fact that he was everywhere and winning all the awards, even for mediocre performances.  I can be very indifferent towards him. There are some serials where I've found his work of good standard. But there have been a lot of times where he's done average work in an average project.

Faisal Qureshi: a wonderful actor no doubt and can easily get into the skin of any character. I'm currently watching kis din mera veya howega and he's got me in splits LOL Having said that, I think he's taken up too many serials and is guilty of over exposure. He's a tremendous actor. But in one or two average projects he has been praised, simply because he is Faisal Qureshi.

Noman Eijaz: No question about his talent, but definitely overrated LOL

Mahnoor Baloch: Never got what the deal is with Mahnoor Thumbs Down very average actress (IMO)

Amina Sheikh: Has emerged as good talent but c'mon! She's in almost every other serial and is doing some roles which aren't even suitable for her.

Ayesha Khan: I find her to be a very average actress. None of her roles have had a lasting impact on me, but she's been compared to the Late Khalida Riyast, which comes as a huge shock! Her career has definitely been given a boost courtesy HumayunSaeed.

As for underrated performers, at the moment, only Adeel Hussain's name comes to mind (Although I'm sure there are more!) He's a very natural, subtle actor but doesn't take up many projects, which is probably why not many people talk about him.

Adeel is so awesome, I love the guy..I really hope with Mata e Jaan he gets more exposure..I really thought he was brilliant in Daam...that's one of my favorite dramas & the way he portrayed his character has a lot do with it. Embarrassed
I don't like Ayesha Khan, but at times I feel she can do very well...but YES, none of her performances ever seem impactful on me. 
I have to agree with Faisal and Amna coming in so many dramas these days..Someone else mentioned it earlier..I don't find them overrated but I feel AnB productions is ALWAYS casting the likes of Fahad Mustafa, Faisal Qureshi & Amna Sheikh..I like these three..but wow, Umm e Kalsoom? Roag? Ek Haath Pe Hina, Ek Haath Pe Lahoo? Main Abdul Qadir Hoon? Haal e Dil? Seriously..theyve been in so many dramas back to back..and it's always an Asif & Babar production thats doing this..That's why I'm so glad to see Fawad Khan and Adeel these days.

I never liked Noman Ejaz LOL..but yes, he's a good actor.

And, I really never understood the hype behind Mahnoor Baloch..I don't even find her drop dead gorgeous the way people maker her. 

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 8:57am | IP Logged
@ Rafaholic: & I'm so glad you find Humayun overrated too! I really don't get why he's so friggen famous? I've liked some of the dramas he has done (not because of him though LOL) but his performances have NEVER left an impact on me..ever. 

@ Resham: I like Sarwat too..I'm excited to see her and Adeel in Mata e Jaan soon! 

Edited by starstuck - 23 December 2011 at 8:58am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Resham-

Usman. IF-Sizzlerz
Usman.
Usman.

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 5:23am | IP Logged
Sirwat is good but i dont find her a versatile actress..
zainab_sushita2 Goldie
zainab_sushita2
zainab_sushita2

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 7:55am | IP Logged
IMRAN ABBAS IS NT OVER RATEED HE IS DEFINATELY GUD THTS WHY HE HAS TOO MUCH FAN FOLLOWING
Usman. IF-Sizzlerz
Usman.
Usman.

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 9:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zainab_sushita2

IMRAN ABBAS IS NT OVER RATEED HE IS DEFINATELY GUD THTS WHY HE HAS TOO MUCH FAN FOLLOWING

we get your point.. but not everyone can like him na.. people have different views about different actors.. so relax.. and pls refrain from posting in bold letters as it is considered shouting 
Usman. IF-Sizzlerz
Usman.
Usman.

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 9:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zainab_sushita2

IMRAN KHAN ROXXX

you meant imran abbas.. right? LOLLOL

Go to top