Overrated & Underrated actors and actresses?

starstruckk thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Which Pak tv artist do you find overrated? (male and/or female)

I'll start.

Overrated Actors: 

- Imran Abbas: I find Imran Abbas very overrated. I honestly don't think he's a great actor..sure, he may have the looks..but still, I'd prefer someone who can act and is good looking (bonus ðŸ˜†) then someone who's good looking but isn't all that great of an actor. That's not to say I despise him as an actor. I liked him in Malal ..and yeah, that's it. lol..It's just that he doesnt seem versatile at all..it's just annoying.

- Humayun Saeed: Humayun Saeed is SO freakin overrated (imo)...I don't even know WHERE to begin. He has bagged the MOST amount of LSAs..and for what? who knows...how versatile is he? I mean in a span of God knows how many yrs, I've seen Humayun doing the same stuff over & over again..heck Fawad Khan who's only done like 5-6 dramas thus far, has shown way  more versatility than Humayun who's done 50+ dramas. I just don't get him..& I don't think he's a great actor either. 

Overrated Actresses:

Hmm..

- Sunita Marshal: Why has this woman gotten so many dramas over the past few yrs? and that too with Fahad Mustafa..Honestly, I think she's pretty average (and that's me being nice)..

- Mahnoor Baloch: I think she sucks as an actress to be plain and simple. ðŸ˜† I don't find her all that pretty either..she just has fair skin? big deal...her work, acting etc doesn't impress me, never has..yet people go gaga over her..hmm ok. ðŸ˜†

Underrated Actresses:

- Beenish Chohan: I've always liked her..I think she's versatile, and acts well in nearly every drama..but for some reason she's not that famous.

- Tooba Siddiqui: I love Tooba. I think she's probably one of the very few models out there who can ACT as well. However, people don't seem to appreciate her so much. 

Underrated Actors:

- Adnan Siddiqui: I like Adnan..he acts well..and has done various characters over the years..yet, he's never mentioned along with the big names of television today.

- Farhan Ali Agha: He acts so well..yet no one cares? ðŸ˜†

That's all I can come up with for now...what about you guys? 

Edited by starstuck - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Imran abbas is HIGHLY HIGHLYY overrated...!!

erm mahnoor's acting has only deteriorated, but theres no doubt shes the prettiest face in the industry

i agree on adnan siddiqui, tooba, farhan ali agha

but completely disagree wid beenish! 😳

god shes sortof irritating now, and in every other serial! :|
Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
What?i don't know why do people think that Humayun sleeps through his performances.Did you see Mehndi.When he's dying & the way he was looking at his wife.He wasn't saying anything but his eyes were literally talking.From that day onwards,i became his fan and have been watching his drama,mostly all of em.Ishq junoon deewangi-U still say that he can't act.That's wrong man-He sure can act.But yes,he does stuff over & over again,making it monotonous..but i think he's one of those chocolate heroes who are meant to come on screen,say romantic bunch of dialogues & stuff.I like him as an actor.

All the four girls that u named,i dont like any of em.
Mahnoor can't act but Sunita MArshal is okay-ish.i dont mind her seein on screen but its a big no no for Beenish.SHE CANT ACT MAN!!and again tooba-she cant act😲
All these women do not have the callibre to act like Nadia jameel or Sania saeed.they acted flawlessly.

Anyways,this is just my POV & i respect urs:)
starstruckk thumbnail
Well, that's just my opinion..you guys don't have to agree.

I think Beenish can act..she's quite versatile..she has done various different things..some of her characters have been annoying, but I always thought she did a good job as an actress.

and Tooba? how can she not act? lol The girl has done many dramas...and to top it off, isn't she like one of the most seen models that act onscreen? I would think there's a reason to that. Anyway, that's still my point of view in the end. I've always liked her.

& Humayun does the SAME stuff in nearly every other drama..I'll give him credit that at times, he can blow your mind away (not very often though)..but seriously..this guy has gotten like every other LSA best actor. Are you freakin kidding me? If he's the best actor we've got..then where do the likes of Fahad Mustafa, Faisal Qureshi etc stand? and these people have hardly ever gotten an award (except this yr with Faisal Qureshi getting one)..Humayun is HIGHLY overrated. There are way better actors than him. I'm glad he's focusing on his production house more these days..he produces good dramas. 
starstruckk thumbnail
& Nadia Jameel + Sania Saeed..are at an ENTIRE different level than 90% of the actresses today..so there's no point in downgrading two or three..when like, all of them aren't at par with Sania or Nadia. Btw, Sania's a better actress than Nadia..so I would put Sania in a totally diff category altogether. 

I also find Kamran Jilani underrated. I like his acting. I loved him in Dohri..that's one of my fav dramas. 
starstruckk thumbnail
Sabreen Baloch is kind of underrated. She does full justice to her roles.. The only thing that annoys me at times about her is that she looks kinda old onscreen at times. lol..Other than that, she's a good actress..her sister totally outshines her today...has climbed the ladder of success rather quickly, leaving her sister behind. 
Meeph thumbnail
Originally posted by: starstuck

Sabreen Baloch is kind of underrated. She does full justice to her roles.. The only thing that annoys me at times about her is that she looks kinda old onscreen at times. lol..Other than that, she's a good actress..her sister totally outshines her today...has climbed the ladder of success rather quickly, leaving her sister behind. 

Nahi yaar.She Can't act
There was this drama on geo.She was the lead,a hindu & Humayun the a muslim hero.
I cant recall it
She literally killed her role😕

Total clash of opinions😆
starstruckk thumbnail
Originally posted by: meepha

Nahi yaar.She Can't act
There was this drama on geo.She was the lead,a hindu & Humayun the a muslim hero.
I cant recall it
She literally killed her role😕

Total clash of opinions😆

Meri Adhuri Mohabbat? Nah I never saw that..however my mom did so I've heard the name & a bit about it. 

She acts well..Idk how you can disagree on this one. Have you even seen her in Sanjha? How can you say she sucks? lol.. ..also, in Dohri (that's the first time I saw her)..I thought she did justice to her role.

I know everyone has their own opinion but I feel like this section is all and only about Fawad Khan lovers & everyone else is just meh.. ðŸ˜†

Edited by starstuck - 12 years ago
Meeph thumbnail
^ Yes,adhoori mohabbat waala.Us mein she didnt act well.Nope didnt watch the dramas that u named.I guess she was a beginner,thats y she wasnt up to the mark in Meri adhoori mohabbat.

No yaar thats not the case.Fawad Fever is high these days,thats it.
when it comes to actresses,i think Sanam Baloch & lately Saba Qamar are good actresses,Luckily they arent being over rated,not under rated so no point in mentioning em🤪

& coming to actors,yes Adnan siddiqui is good but man he's gotten old & hasnt maintained himself.In Maat,He looks really old.Although,it might be character demand but still...bohat old
Paramore thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
mhhmmm... i respect and appreciate your opinions Beenish is good actress and yet she is annoying if you don't mind may i add few names ?

Over rated:
Sana Askari:
man that girl can't act thats it i don't want to be rude as many people might be her fans and i don't want to upset them

Under rated:
 Azfar Rehman: 
The poor guy was a superstar in 2006-7-8 but he is very under rated nowadays people are  degrading him saying he can't act but i've always seen great acting skills in him sure he is not as great as Faisal Qureshi or others but he isn't that bad the worst  was when in Kaala Jadu Humayun Ashraf a new guy's name was above Azfar Rehman's!!  i mean its very painful to actors when they are on top and you throw them on ground its just my opinion if you don't agree than don't be harsh please 

Secondly Soniya Hussain:

her acting is super in dareecha yet i don't see many fans of her she in my opinion acted way better than Sana  

i hope any of you don't mind