I AM POSTING THE VOTING RULES PAGE FROM THE BB OFFICIAL WEBSITE- TELL ME IF ITS POSSIBLE OTHERWISE CUASE I WILL START OF VOTING RIGHT AWAY
'BIGG BOSS 5'
VOTING RULES AND REGULATIONS
'BIGG BOSS 5 ("Program"): VOTING ACTIVITY ("Poll") will be held on Colors ("Channel") as stated hereunder:
- The Program is a reality show where individuals/participants staying in the Bigg Boss House will nominate housemates for eviction from the Program ("Shortlisted Participant"). During the Program, the viewers will be asked to cast their vote for the Shortlisted Participant whom they want to save from eviction from the Program. The Shortlisted Participant who gains the minimum votes from the viewers, will be eliminated from the Program.
- The period of this polling activity for the Program shall commence from October 3, 2011 at 22:30 hours and shall be valid until the end of the Program ("Period") on the Channel. The votes, for the Shortlisted Participants during each week of the Program should be sent only during the timelines, as stated below. Votes sent after the timelines, shall not be considered and shall be deemed null and void.
- During the Poll, the Channel will telecast an episode of the Program every Monday to Friday from 22:30 hours till 23:30 hours ("Week")
- Viacom18 Media Private Limited ("Viacom18") and/or the Channel reserve the right to change the dates, the timings and days of telecast of the episode during that Week of the Program, without giving prior intimation to the viewers.
- To participate in the Poll, the viewers must watch the Program telecast on the Channel during that Week during the Period. The viewers by participating in the Poll will get an opportunity to cast their vote for any Shortlisted Participants nominated by the housemates during that week of the Program.
- A viewer interested in casting their vote for any particular Shortlisted Participant in that particular week of the Program can cast his/her vote by sending a SMS in the manner stated below:
6.1 SMS - The viewers using the services of Aircel, Airtel, Idea, Loop, MTNL-Mumbai, Rainbow, Reliance, Tata, Uninor and Vodafone can cast their vote in favour of the Shortlisted Participant(s) in that Week of the Program by sending an SMS to 56882.
The SMS should contain the keyword assigned to each of the respective Shortlisted Participant of the Program. The names of the Participants of the Programs and their respective keywords are as given below:
- 6.1.1 For the purposes of the Poll of the Program, the SMS will be deemed to be received when such SMS reaches the server of the concerned telecom/mobile operator. Any unclear/incorrect/incomplete SMS, including SMS with wrong characters shall be considered invalid entry and deemed null and void.
- 6.1.2 Votes sent by the voters for a particular Shortlisted Participant during a particular Voting Cycle (as defined below) for that particular Week shall not be considered for the next Voting Cycle.
- The cost charged to the viewers by the mobile operators for votes sent under rule 6.1 shall not exceed Rs. 3/- per SMS.
- The cost of each SMS shall be charged by the respective network provider(s). Neither Viacom18 nor the Channel shall be responsible in case of any kind of network problem whatsoever and/or the costs charged by the network operator(s) and/or any other problems which may occur due to the failure of the voting mechanism or misuse of the voting mechanism or any kind of problems in connection thereto. Any dispute in connection to the same should be settled directly between the subscriber and the network operator(s) without involving Viacom18 and/or the Channel in any manner.
- In case of telecom and/or network failure and/or for any reasons whatsoever, Viacom18 reserves the right to change the voting system/mechanism and/or cease from accepting votes of the viewers for any and/or all the episode(s) of the Program, or take such necessary steps as it may deem fit.
- Upon the viewer voting for the Shortlisted Participant(s), the number from which the viewer(s) has voted during the Period would get registered with the respective network provider(s), who would collate the total number of votes received for each Shortlisted Participant and send the same to Viacom18.
- Viewer(s) interested in voting for the Shortlisted Participant(s) in a particular Week of the Program, must send in their entries within the time period stated herein below ("Poll Period"):
|Week||Voting Start Date||Voting Start Time||Voting End Date||Voting End Time|
|Week 1||October 3, 2011||22:30 hours||October 7, 2011||23:59 hours|
|Week 2||October 10, 2011||22:30 hours||October 14, 2011||23:59 hours|
|Week 3||October 17, 2011||22:30 hours||October 21, 2011||23:59 hours|
|Week 4||October 24, 2011||22:30 hours||October 28, 2011||23:59 hours|
|Week 5||October 31, 2011||22:30 hours||November 4, 2011||23:59 hours|
|Week 6||November 7, 2011||22:30 hours||November 11, 2011||23:59 hours|
|Week 7||November 14, 2011||22:30 hours||November 18, 2011||23:59 hours|
|Week 8||November 21, 2011||22:30 hours||November 25, 2011||23:59 hours|
|Week 9||November 28, 2011||22:30 hours||December 2, 2011||23:59 hours|
|Week 10||December 5, 2011||22:30 hours||December 9, 2011||23:59 hours|
|Week 11||December 12, 2011||22:30 hours||December 16, 2011||23:59 hours|
|Week 12||December 19, 2011||22:30 hours||December 23, 2011||23:59 hours|
|Week 13||December 26, 2011||22:30 hours||December 30, 2011||23:59 hours|
|Week 14||January 2, 2011||22:30 hours||January 6, 2011||23:59 hours|
For every Week, the period starting from Voting Start Date and Time and ending on Voting End Date and Time will be considered as voting cycle for that particular Week ("Voting Cycle").
- Votes sent by the viewer(s) for the Shortlisted Participant(s) after the timeline stated in rule 11 above, though registered i.e., though an acknowledgement is sent back to the voter(s), shall not be considered and shall be null and void.
- The viewer(s) can cast their votes for only those Shortlisted Participant(s) of the Program who have been nominated in that Week of the Program. Any votes sent by the viewers for the Shortlisted Participant(s) who were not a part of the nominations for particular Week for elimination or for any other reason whatsoever, will not be considered and shall be null and void.
- The maximum number of entries that a viewer can send casting their vote for the Shortlisted Participant(s) during the Voting Cycle is 100 SMSs for each Shortlisted Participant per mobile number. The votes sent after the first 100 SMS shall not be counted and will be considered null and void. Thus, for e.g., a viewer has sent 110 SMS per Shortlisted Participant(s) during the Voting Cycle casting their votes, then the vote casted by the viewer vide SMS 101st to 110th SMS for that particular Shortlisted Participant(s) during that particular Voting Cycle would not be counted and would be considered null and void.
- The Channel/Viacom18 shall have the sole discretion to bring any eliminated Shortlisted Participant(s) back in the Program as a wild card entry for participation in the further Weeks of the Program and thereafter such wild card entry shall be subject to the voting pattern stated in this rules and regulations. In no event shall the Shortlisted Participant(s) or the other participants or the viewer(s) dispute the decision made by Viacom18 and/or the Channel in this regard.
- It is expressly stated that this is simply a Poll to enable the viewers to send in their votes to save their favorite Shortlisted Participant(s). Therefore, there shall be no winners declared or prizes distributed for this opinion poll.
- It is expressly stated herein that votes that do not conform to the format specified including but not limited to unclear SMS and/or entry, incomplete SMS and/or entry/vote, SMS containing wrong characters, faulty SMS etc. will not be considered and shall be considered as invalid entry and thus null and void.
- All the entries should state all the required information, which have been asked from them and/or otherwise.
- The elimination of the Shortlisted Participants and/or the decisions made by Viacom18 and/or the Channel shall be final and binding and in no event shall the viewer(s) dispute the decision made by Viacom18 and/or the Channel.
- Viacom18 or the Channel reserves all rights to make amendments to the existing rules without prior notice.
- Viacom18 and/or the Channel reserves the rights to, without giving any prior notice, change the schedule of the episodes of the Program, the voting mechanism, any details of the Program etc. It shall be the sole responsibility of the viewers to check the rules and regulations of the Poll for the Program on the website of Viacom18.
- The viewer interested in participating in the Poll must be above the age of 18 years and a resident of India.
- The voter(s) of the Poll agree that he/she shall hold harmless the Channel, Viacom18, its employees, officers or any other person in relation to any injury/damage/harm/loss suffered by him/her, in any manner, whatsoever in connection with the Poll and shall also not file in person/ through any family member and/or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against the sponsor and/or the Channel and/or Viacom18 to claim any damages or relief's or otherwise.
- The Channel and/or Viacom18 is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any injury, death, mental trauma caused to the voter in any manner whatsoever, in connection to the Poll.
- Viacom18 and/or the Channel reserves the right to disregard the vote(s) in the event Viacom18 observes any irregularity in the voting pattern of the vote(s) sent by the viewer(s) and/or if Viacom18 in its knowledge has reason to believe that the viewer(s) has acted in a fraudulent manner and/or engaged in any deceitful activity in sending the said vote(s).
- Employees of and/or consultants of and/or persons hired on contract by the Channel, Viacom18 and the main sponsor of the Program, if any, and the members of their immediate family are ineligible for voting for the Program through this Poll.
- By the act of voting by the viewer(s) it is deemed that the viewers have gone through these rules and regulations and agrees that he/she shall hold harmless the Channel, Viacom18, its employees, officers or any other person in relation to any injury/damage/harm/loss suffered by him/her, in any manner, whatsoever in connection with the Program and/or otherwise and shall also not file in person and/or through any family member and/or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against the Channel and/or Viacom18 to claim any costs, damages and/or relief's or otherwise.
- All decisions made by Viacom18 and/or the Channel shall be final and binding on all the viewers and in no event shall the viewer and/or the voter shall dispute the decision made by Viacom18, Channel and/or its employees in connection to the same.
- The elimination of the Shortlisted Participant(s) and/or the decision(s) made by the Channel and/or Viacom18 regarding the Program shall be final and binding on all the viewers and in no event shall the viewer(s) dispute the decision made by Viacom18, Channel and/or its employees in connection to the Program or otherwise.
- By voting it is deemed that the viewers have read, understood, accepted and agree to abide with all the rules and regulations of the Poll.
- The terms of this rules and regulations shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India and incase of any dispute or any other matter arising in reference to the Poll shall be referred to a sole arbitrator appointed by Viacom18 and shall be governed by the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, amended from time to time. The venue for arbitration shall be Mumbai, in English language. The costs, charges and expenses in connection to arbitration shall be solely borne by the viewer(s) disputing.
- Subject to the provision of Clause 12 above, the Courts having jurisdiction under the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, to determine all matters which the Court is entitled to determine under the Act, including, without limitation, provision of interim relief's under the provisions of Section 9 of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, shall exclusively be the courts at Mumbai, India.