serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello Fellow Fans

I know we are very frustrated today about the utter lack of self-esteem and blind devotion shown by our favorite Di - Anjali. Her weakness broke KKG's resolve and Snake gets a second lease of life.

What makes women like Anjali behave the way they do?

Many of you will be quick to tell me that women like Anjali don't exist.

Let me correct that. I have first hand knowledge of a woman like that. I'd known her pretty well for many years but we are no longer in touch, precisely because her subservient and blind faith in her husband ruined our friendship.

Someone had asked me in a different thread (ID - ThingcalledLove), that would I keep quiet if I found out that my friends spouse was cheating. I was once an idealist like KKG and I made the mistake of sharing my discovery with my friend.

I realized much later it was the biggest mistake of my life. I should not have told her about his indiscretions because she did not believe a word I said. She demanded proof and I gave her proof (dating sites where he was posing as a single, facebook liaisons that i could see but my friend could not because he told her facebook was evil and direct evidence from one of his victims)

None of that mattered, Heck, even if I had shown her his n*ked pictures with other women, she would not have believed me and probably would have accused me of photoshopping those in.

I was threatened and abused online by this husband and asked to leave his wife alone. I was perhaps a coward and decided to leave them to their dynamics. Not only did I lose my friendship with her, but also her slimy husband completely poisoned her mind against me. She studiously avoids me and has labeled me a home-breaker to many common friends. Her husband has totally obliterated any shred of self-respect and self-esteem she has. The whole world knows he is a womanizer, yet she is unable to accept it or does not want to accept it for the fear of losing the life as she knows it.

My other friends have been supportive but the bitter pill was hard to swallow.

In light of my very personal experience, I full support KKG's hesitation and delay in sharing her discovery with Anjali. Anjali is blinded by her total devotion to her husband and unless she herself walks in on his indiscretion, she may not be inclined to believe anyone.

Thats my painful friendship story for the day. I debated a lot before posting this online but I think it will help many of us simply decipher Anjali
Edited by serialjunkie - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
SJ,

Anjali is only a fictional character...the creatives can choose to change her character overnight if they want!

But it is not that easy in real life. 

I read your post and it was disturbing to know about this guy you've written about!
As they say - truth is stranger than fiction!
Real life has many characters like Shyam and the sad thing is that many of them get away with it.
In fact it is a common fact where many women know about their husbands' infidelities but continue with their marriages because they cannot fathom walking out - which can be aggravated by things like society, lack of support from family, etc.

It is sad that your friend failed to appreciate your efforts and chose to support the wrong in her life!

I respect your opinion about Khushi too..in fact yesterday when her family urged her to tell Anjali the truth, this did occur to me that if she does tell, no one will believe her...

Anyway, I hope that some day your friend realizes her mistake - if nothing else she should realize how wrong it was of her to destroy friendship with such a nice friend as yourself!
Edited by sbk2 - 12 years ago
smileyhug7679 thumbnail
Sad to hear about ur  bad experience

Hopefully someday she will understand u and wat her better half is

serialjunkie thumbnail
Originally posted by: smileyhug7679

Sad to hear about ur  bad experience

Hopefully someday she will understand u and wat her better half is

I doubt it. She has no sense of self left in her. Her life completely revolves around this guy. He is super sweet with her as long as she does not question where he has been or who has been with. In all other respects he acts as a fine father and is responsible to his family but if she ever questions him, his temper is legendary and she is totally terrorized by him, so she avoids all confrontation.

His womanizing is a serious perversion, i think he suffers from sex-addiction, a very serious medical condition. I just hope he does not infect his wife with some serious disease such as STDs or AIDS. I say a prayer for her every day.
smileyhug7679 thumbnail
Originally posted by: serialjunkie

I doubt it. She has no sense of self left in her. Her life completely revolves around this guy. He is super sweet with her as long as she does not question where he has been or who has been with. In all other respects he acts as a fine father and is responsible to his family but if she ever questions him, his temper is legendary and she is totally terrorized by him, so she avoids all confrontation.

His womanizing is a serious perversion, i think he suffers from sex-addiction, a very serious medical condition. I just hope he does not infect his wife with some serious disease such as STDs or AIDS. I say a prayer for her every day.

Wow omg god save her
It's very bad that her husband is taking so much advantage of her

Hope some day she has courage to talk to him

serialjunkie thumbnail
Originally posted by: sbk2

SJ,

Anjali is only a fictional character...the creatives can choose to change her character overnight if they want!

But it is not that easy in real life. 

I read your post and it was disturbing to know about this guy you've written about!
As they say - truth is stranger than fiction!
Real life has many characters like Shyam and the sad thing is that many of them get away with it.
In fact it is a common fact where many women know about their husbands' infidelities but continue with their marriages because they cannot fathom walking out - which can be aggravated by things like society, lack of support from family, etc.

It is sad that your friend failed to appreciate your efforts and chose to support the wrong in her life!

I respect your opinion about Khushi too..in fact yesterday when her family urged her to tell Anjali the truth, this did occur to me that if she does tell, no one will believe her...

Anyway, I hope that some day your friend realizes her mistake - if nothing else she should realize how wrong it was of her to destroy friendship with such a nice friend as yourself!

thanks shweta, I tried her many times after our fall out. But I got very rude comments, my calls were ignored and the guy then called and threatened me that he will report me to authorities for stalking his wife. I was like what the heck do i care if she has no spine. I let it go. Besides, if my husband found out how deeply i was involved in saving this woman, he'd be very upset for wasting my time on lost cases. So i chose to keep my sanity and let sleeping dogs lie.

Trust me, I thought a million times before making this post. I was not sure if I should, but I think I can protect her identity, only because I dont want the creep to trouble her more on my account.
Edited by serialjunkie - 12 years ago
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: serialjunkie

thanks shweta, I tried her many times after our fall out. But I got very rude comments, my calls were ignored and the guy then called and threatened me that he will report me to authorities for stalking his wife. I was like what the heck do i care if she has no spine. I let it go. Besides, if my husband found out how deeply i was involved in saving this woman, he'd be very upset for wasting my time on lost cases. So i chose to keep my sanity and let sleeping dogs lie.

Trust me, I thought a million times before making this post. I was not sure if I should, but I think I can protect her identity, only because I dont want the creep to trouble her more on my account.

Yes, you did the right thing by not pursuing the matter any further. Besides, it sounds scary that the guy called you! 
As for your friend..its her loss. You cannot do anything further. 
I must say, you're a very good person for trying to reconcile with her despite being wronged as a friend...
LuvShuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
How ANJ reacts remains to be seen.
When the plot reaches the point of full disclosure--viewers will see if she:
1. turns a blind eye to the truth
2. accepts the truth and collapses
3. turns to religion to reform or purify him

For now, she has seen her husband being nothing more than an charming and loving husband whose only fault is that he works too much and is too often away from home.
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Sorry to hear about your bad experience and I can totally see Anjali not believing Khushi and being in denial, infact I expect it but I still want the truth to come out. I want Payal to tell Akash that way there won't be secrets when they marry, he will know the truth and no one can say later on that the truth was hidden and think the worst of the Guptas.
blokes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I am not surprised- here in the US, I know of some cases like these. To add to that list, a lot of domestic abuse happens too- against wives as well as children. It is truly shocking. People like Anjali have such little self esteem and so swaddled from the world that they cannot even imagine such perverted behavior! That is another angle of the same problem.