Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DTeacher thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

''...He didn't even mention what he was talking about and it seemed like he was just expressing his feelings and it didn't seem like he had a reason to lie at that time...''

Disagree, particularly with the line highlighted above.

1. By that time, he has already become obsessed with Khushi and he may even be saying this subsconsciously. Or he could just be inadvertently setting 'signals' for Khushi's own consciousness to imbibe, without directly stating something as fact. He certainly uses such deviant methods later on as he grows in confidence and their 'relationship' (even if only in his own warped mind) 'grew'. 😡

2. It might not actually be seen as a lie by HIM. Shyam may even be deluding himself as to whether his marriage, or rather his spouse, is a good one. It's something that psychologists refer to as 'cognitive distortion.' Offenders often 'use' cognitive distortion to justify certain actions.  Looking at a simplistic and non-offensive example of this: A person is on a strict diet and is told NOT to eat a chocolate cake. He/she keeps looking at it and then says to him/herself: ''I'll eat it and then exercise a little more next time I go to the gym'' 😳  (I could give better and more serious examples but it would be straying off topic too much, I guess). 

With regards to Anjali, she is not able-bodied so this may prevent any physical relationship between the pair, but then she hasn't suddenly become like this AFTER marriage, has she? Moreover, if he doesn't like his wife THAT much and he is so unhappy, why does he not divorce her BEFORE chasing after another girl? With regards to romance, Shyam doesn't seem to make much effort to be romantic with his wife, does he? He's hardly ever there! Anjali certainly reacts favourably to any perceived romantic gestures from him - remember the 'candles' scene? 🤢

To be honest, it's a complex situation but I'm pretty sure of one thing. Disproportionate blame should NOT be attached to Anjali, when it is crystal clear who the culprit in the main is here; Shyam. 

P.S. Shyam appears to have a narcissistic personality disorder - that's seems patently obvious - whether he turns into a psychopath will depend on where the CVs decide to take us. 😆 After the scene between Khushi and Anjali today, my concern is that they may try to redeem the snake's character and make him ' an okay guy' after Khushi has 'made him see the light' - hated her comments to Anjali today - don't do this, CVs !! 😡

Edited by DTeacher - 12 years ago
serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I think Shyam is a psychopath with a serious Savior complex.

Remember Anjali once mentioned that he rescued her and married her under some dire circumstance when most would have just turned their backs on Anjali?

We saw this again when KKG was helpless and was trying to get a foothold in Delhi, he showed up and "saved" her by giving her a job at ASR's warehouse?

He thinks of himself as a savior of helpless women, a salve to their harried souls and does not see anything wrong. In fact he thinks of it as a public service, where would these helpless women would otherwise get the kind of support and help he is so freely willing to offer? Thats his thought process ,not mine :-)

momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I will grant that Shyam having to put up with Anjali and her uber obssessive puja paaths can be suffocating. But, what I will not forgive nor forget is that he is a greedy coward who doesn't have the balls to tell his wife something is wrong in their marriage. Devi Maiyya knows Anjali would bend over backwards to fix it if she could. And nor did he have the balls to ask for a divorce or separation because he's greedy. Nor did he have the balls to tell Khushi anything about his marital status while he boldly plotted the death of her dad. So, Shyam, no matter what iota of sympathy he could garner for a difficult married life loses because he took the path of a ballless wonder. Which is why he is a snake and Anjali needs to smash her puja thali on his head. If the CVs make him a saint, it will be disgusting.
dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Nice post and i'm really glad u brought this topic up! 
There really has to be a reason for Shyam running after Khushi, beside lust because that was really visible whenever he looked at her!

Anjali i do believe is really obsessed with this man! She's fully dependent on him and most of her time is on poojas and varts!

Shyam's character has so far shown to be negative but there HAS to be reason behind his antics! 
LuvShuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Tragic past, deformity, insecurity, idealistic, romantic, devout--Anjali actions are consistent with what her character's history would be. Today when her mangalsutra broke, I would have been stunned if she put it aside and said, "I'll get that to the jewelers tomorrow, now tell me what's on your mind, Khushiji?" 
If the sign of KKG catching the mangalsutra is that she will save Anj's marriage--then KKG will have to reform Shyam. The writers would have to handle that very sensitively, because Shyam's is a criminal. He has tried to destroy Babuji multiple times. There is someone blackmailing him at the moment. He seems to regularly defraud his wife. 
Moreover, I'm not sure whether reforming Shyam would be TV worth watching.

My prediction is that Shyam will develop into an even greater villian. He will be more subtle, and will appear reformed, but will be more evil than ever.
That will be worth watching.

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Anjali does not have a serious physical disability which will not allow her to have a normal married life.  There are women with even more serious disability (confined to wheelchairs) who can still lead a normal marital life.  So I cant accept that she is physically not up to pleasing her husband but I do not know how she mentally views the entire physical relationship with her husband. If she treats him as a God, maybe she feels the need to be more of a devotee rather than a normal woman.  

If Shyam does feel his married life is incomplete and Anjali can never fulfill it, then he should have divorced her rather than fool her, her entire family.  The guy is greedy, wants a comfortable life that his wife's wealth can provide and also wants a girl as innocent and effervescent as Khushi. As he said to Shashiji, he wants to have a woman in each of his hand. 

The guy is a creep and no amount of justification can redeem him for me.  I hope they dont do another Dev on him.

As to Khushi saving her mangalsutra, I would view it more in the short term rather than the long term. It is considered inauspicious for the mangalsutra to break because the husband's life is supposed to be in danger.  If Khushi reveals the truth about Shyam, Arnav is most likely to kill him for playing with the lives of the two women who matter the most to him, his sister and Khushi. Khushi has already witnessed the depth of love he has for his sister who means the world to him. She has also seen the way he reacted when the goondas tried to hurt her.  Given the enormity of what Shyam has done one can only imagine the enormity of Arnav's rage once he comes to know the truth. So Khushi will spare Shyam's life for Anjali's sake because she knows that this woman is too weak withstanding the catastrophe of losing her husband and her brother(if Arnav kills Shyam).
SunriseGreen thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
For now, all that he's done is unpardonable. If the CV's show some background info on him and give a good reason for him being the way he is (just like they did with ASR & KKG) then they might be able to nicely show him realizing his mistakes and trying to reform. 

If this was just a case of a guy cheating on his wife, then I'd say he should get a second chance if he is truly remorseful (I'm not underplaying the seriousness of infidelity at all). However, he kinda did try to kill Shashi as well so... I don't know how reformable his character really is... 
HeadOverHeels thumbnail
Could it be that while being obsessed with every other thing Anjali ended up ignoring the actual needs of her husband ? 

Is he really a husband?
Is she really a wife?
Is it really a marriage?

Absolutely NONE of the above, in my opinion.

The age old saying that it takes two hands to clap rings very true here. If Shayam is the conventional type who married a girl for her money, then Angali is the perfect compliment in the form of a poor little rich girl, with nothing to do in life, and no depth.

They both belong in the loony bin as far as I'm concerned, since neither of these two people seem to know the first thing about self, or relationships, leave alone something as important as marriage. For both of them it's a farce, with one knowing full well what it is, and the other ALSO knowing, but refusing to accept it, hence her complete nervous breakdowns at the mere suggestion that all could possibly not be right. 

So, I don't think these questions apply to them, since they are anything but a married couple.