India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

A possibly controversial post on Anji-Shyam UPDTD

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 5:36pm | IP Logged

Now please don't throw your cyber chappals at me. I am not trying to defend Shyam here. 

I was wondering about something since Shyam got exposed in front of Khushi and the Guptas. I am just trying to analyze the dynamics of Shyam-Anjali relationship. 

Shyam expressed his displeasure about his married life to Khushi not once but twice. We remember the second time clearly...while he was blatantly lying to Khushi about being unhappy with his married life. 

The first was a long time ago...when he was having a convo with Khushi at the Guptas kitchen. There he mentioned something about mistakes ( though I don't remember the exact dialogue it clearly hinted about his married life) and it was shown in the flash back scene after he was exposed.

Although the second time was an obvious lie, the first time he was simply having a chat with Khushi and it was an out of context thing. He didn't even mention what he was talking about and it seemed like he was just expressing his feelings and it didn't seem like he had a reason to lie at that time. 

Could there be an ounce of truth in those words?

It is very clear that he married Anjali for money. He is also a corrupt lawyer and an attempted murderer. 

Although his feelings for Khushi is obviously lust, obsession and not love and he simply cannot be pardoned for cheating them both, we have also never seen him getting interested in any other woman. So we can assume that he is not the typical womanizer.

He also has psychotic tendencies ( Thanks to Shweta (sbk2) who explained it very well in her post. I edited my post Shweta. Please do check.)

Despite being greedy and marrying Anjali for money, could it be possible that he made an attempt to happy with Anjali and failed because something was lacking in it?

Anjali has her own issues, She is clearly delusional, lives in her dreamworld and has an unhealthy obsession towards her husband. 

She is also extremely religious. Now the point to be noted here is, there is nothing wrong in being religious. Khushi is also very religious and has tremendous respect and faith in Devi maiyya but is also aware that Devi maiyya will support her, give her strength but she has to fight her own battles. 

Anjali on the other hand, expects God to do the job for her. And the fact that she doesn't take her health into consideration while fasting doesn't seem quite healthy either. 

She is always preoccupied with puja path, vrats, cooking, her brother and the rest family. Although she is obsessed with Shyam and wants him by her side all the time her feelings toward him seem more obsessive and somewhat devotional than romantic.

Could it be that while being obsessed with every other thing Anjali ended up ignoring the actual needs of her husband ? 

Please give your comments. Have to go out in a bit...I give replies later. 

EDIT: Shyam's  IMO cannot be redeemed since he tried commit multiple crimes and there is no excuse for that. I'd hate it if the cv's ever try to make him good and everyone ends up forgiving him. Prison is the only place he should end up. 

Just before I go I want to add another thing. Since I am into analysis and all...I am just analyzing. No Sush the creep did not mess with my brain. Embarrassed 

If the cv's come to the forum and read this

PLEASE don't turn devils into Saints like you did in your other show. Ouch

Edited by incandescent - 14 December 2011 at 6:04pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Sajimokkdg129WorkerBqueenie11spsharmilaSunriseGreen--Sobi--sun2011-Nithi-monsi08-Sush-areeba_blossomImzipinky_blueskies

SunriseGreen IF-Dazzler
SunriseGreen
SunriseGreen

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 5:46pm | IP Logged
I've thought the same things as well! 

Not only has Shyaam not gone after any other woman, he has never tried to get physically intimate with Khushi. That's something that's always perplexed me...

Also, the biggest indication that Shyaam might not be purely evil was in today's Khushi-Anjali scene. Sanaya and Daljeet both said that this scene was C.R.U.C.I.A.L. and that this show is all about SIGNS (as we all know by now). 

Now, Khushi saving Anjali's mangalsutra from falling symbolized only one main thing for me: She will be the one to save Anjali's marriage. Now how would that be possible if Shyaam is completely evil? That's why I don't think he's bad to the core. If the CV's want us to feel that this marriage can be saved by giving us such a big sign, then that must mean that Shyaam has the potential to change for the better. 

And yeah, I also agree with your last statement. Maybe he didn't get all he wanted from Ms. Pooja- Paath.

Edited by BengaliWisdom - 14 December 2011 at 5:47pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nitashaj83spsharmilasun2011incandescent

serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz
serialjunkie
serialjunkie

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 5:50pm | IP Logged
perhaps anjali's disability does not allow them to have a fulfilling physical relationship??

And Shyam is a guy with a lusty libidinous disposition!!! But that does not excuse how he could have ruined KKG's life to fulfill his physical need.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011incandescent

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
UGHGH...don't let him mess with your brain...This guy will say anything to justify himself...After how he has treated babuji and how he lies through his teeth...I trust nothing that comes out of his mouth...

Even if for a moment we believe that Anj can not keep physical relationship with him...that still does not give him permission to trap unsuspecting girls into marrying him...not disclosing anything about his maried life...How sick is this Guy!!! In any case..whats new about his story line...doesn't every cheating husband have the same lin...my wife does not keep me happy thats why I stray...Yeah...right...when he does not even accept responsibility of his actions ./...how will he ever fix it?

Edited by MsUniverse - 14 December 2011 at 6:01pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DTeacherspsharmilasun2011

music1 IF-Dazzler
music1
music1

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
A sincere request to Anji dear----If u could stop warming the Raizada mansion with ur poojas and maybe concentrate on warming ur hubby bed ...chances are he might not go after other women.

Please no chappals at me

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

spsharmilaSunriseGreenareeba_blossomincandescentserialjunkie

-Nithi- IF-Dazzler
-Nithi-
-Nithi-

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Fari, nice post as always !

I have been trying to decode his behavior and only one possible reason pop out of all - There should be a connection between his family and Raizaidas / Maliks . May be his parents died and he thought its because of Mr. Malik - suffered childhood like Arnav - plotting and planning - married Anjali. 

It has to be revenge and troubled past otherwise a baseless character !

Edited by -Nithi- - 14 December 2011 at 5:54pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DTeachersun2011incandescentpinky_blueskies

nitashaj83 Senior Member
nitashaj83
nitashaj83

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Cry
Originally posted by BengaliWisdom

I've thought the same things as well! 

Not only has Shyaam not gone after any other woman, he has never tried to get physically intimate with Khushi. That's something that's always perplexed me...

Also, the biggest indication that Shyaam might not be purely evil was in today's Khushi-Anjali scene. Sanaya and Daljeet both said that this scene was C.R.U.C.I.A.L. and that this show is all about SIGNS (as we all know by now). 

Now, Khushi saving Anjali's mangalsutra from falling symbolized only one main thing for me: She will be the one to save Anjali's marriage. Now how would that be possible if Shyaam is completely evil? That's why I don't think he's bad to the core. If the CV's want us to feel that this marriage can be saved by giving us such a big sign, then that must mean that Shyaam has the potential to change for the better. 

And yeah, I also agree with your last statement. Maybe he didn't get all he wanted from Ms. Pooja- Paath.
I fully agree that Khusihi will be the one to save their marriage...but she said her in dialogue that thers nothing wrong with their marriage and everything will be okay...and I dont; know why ppl think that she should te ll Anjali about te whole situation..Anjali;s whole family died andshe only has her brother and husband..that she cant live without..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011

CDlove IF-Rockerz
CDlove
CDlove

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 6:06pm | IP Logged

Very interesting post and I never thought of it this way. you are quite spot on with your statements and I think Anjali has a similar obsession towards shyam as Shyam has for Kushi.

It's has always been a visible fact that there is something amiss in the relationship between Shyam-anjali. They do not behave as a husband and a wife does.
Anjali for a fact is sicknigly sweet and so is shyam towards her. There is no spark or passion in their interactions.

Kushi on the other had exudes an aura of passion, self confidence coupled with a unique way of looking at the world ~ few of the reasons I think both men (ASR and Shyam) are attracted to her.

Anjali sadly does not possess any of the above qualities in my opinion.
On the countrary she has woven a make believe world around her and is refusing to come out of it and cater to another being's needs. In other words she lacks empathy. She cannot even tell whats going on in his brother's head (if she had been bit more aware of her brother's feelings, she would already know by now that La was never his choice and it was Kushi...but then again Anjali is Anjali and thats the sole reason we have this post today in the forum)

I believe she does not provide the qualities required from the relationship Shyam is looking for. He looks for something more and anjali doesn't supply it. Maybe emotionally, maybe physically.

Anjali is wrapped tighly around her world and more than love, I think her worshipping of her husband is more because she doesn't want to loose another man (as her first marriage was broken). So she thinks being nice and sweet and doing poojas for him is the only way to keep her husband from straying. She does not know that you need more than that, an emotional connection with your husband for their relationship to flourish.

bdw Im not for a moment justifing what shyam has done. Im just trying to analys how Anjali's mind is working.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SunriseGreensun2011

Go to top