India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Middle Class Values (Page 2)

Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
Khushi took an emotional decision because she likes to see everyone happy. I don't think it was part of her lower middle class way of thinking. It is the same decision Arnav will take and he's not middle class either.

They are both doing it out of love, to spare Anjali because she is already damaged by her past. It is weakness on their part because they think Anjali's condition makes her more vulnerable.

While you put a good question, your criticism was off. I don't think there is anything wrong with middle class traditional values. In fact, they would say that Khushi tell Anjali the truth. Anjali's values on the other end are traditional. And perhaps a little too devoted and forgiving, but it does not have anything to do with class.

Edited by Marybarton - 14 December 2011 at 3:36pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

iluvdarcyspsharmilamomma1128

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MsUniverse

Anu, I actually do not agree with your charcaterization that it is Khushi's middle class value system that is making her keep quiet...On the contrarary...Payal, bua, abbuji and Khushi all who are from that class strongly believed in disclosing it to Anj...and doing so without wait...The reason she kept quiet is not her values but because she thought she saw a sign...It is more faith in 'seeing signs" than going with her gut and what her value system is...

The other reason was Anj's pathetic eaction to the Mangalsutra breaking...Khushi just did not have the heart to pull Anj out of the La La land..she thought Anj will not be able to take this news...and ended up promising to Anj that she will save her marriage...

Exactly my views too... its not her middle class values but  the plight of Anjali which prevented khusi from speaking the truth... especially when Anji said uke bina hum kuch bhi nahin hai (which is beyond me) which broke Khushi's willpower to speak the truth.. that's when Khushi told her woh teek hai, aap ki shaadi bhi nahin tootegi or something like that...

Edited by LadyLaLa - 14 December 2011 at 3:25pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

spsharmilamomma1128

-Nithi- IF-Dazzler
-Nithi-
-Nithi-

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
Anu, as always an  awesome post !

But I don't think Kushi kept quiet to save Anjali's marriage as she is traditional. Its only witnessing the hungama that Anjalai made, made her to go mute. 

But what about the so called elders of the family ? If Kushi is made to deal with a serious issue like this all alone, then why did buaji made all the decisions so far ? Is it not buaji's duty to meet naniji and tell the truth ? And wll anyone speak to a victim at the first place ?

No brains and logic at all. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

najbegInfofanSillyPeppersbk2.Sad.But.True.pinky_blueskiesmomma1128CandYlicious_S

humhemeghna Groupbie
humhemeghna
humhemeghna

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
I took the breaking of the mangal sutra as sign to go ahead and  tell Anjali the truth...your marriage is as flimsy as the mangal sutra...But alas...the sign lies in the eyes of the observer.

momma1128Infofan

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
@all - Is Khushi not putting Anjali's happiness with a dubious man ahead of the truth? Why did she not say why her engagement broke? Anjali does not know her fiance. But, my biggest issue with Khushi was not her silence, it was not her quiet on the broken engagement, it was her VADA to never let anything happen to Anjali's marriage. That put a whole different spin on it.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

najbeg-Nithi-Infofansbk2.Sad.But.True.Imziaa123.80

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Marybarton

<font color="#CC0033">Khushi took an emotional decision because she likes to see everyone happy. I don't think it was part of her lower middle class way of thinking. It is the same decision Arnav will take and he's not middle class either.

They are both doing it out of love, to spare Anjali because she is already damaged by her part. It is weakness on their part because they think Anjali's condition makes her more vulnerable.

While you put a good question, your criticism was off. I don't think there is anything wrong with middle class traditional values. In fact, they would say that Khushi tell Anjali the truth. Anjali's values on the other end are traditional. And perhaps a little too devoted and forgiving, but it does not have anything to do with class.
</font>

I did not say middle class is bad and never would. I am very middle class from the USA. And his entire aukat thing was disgraceful. But, ultimately, isn't Khushi agreeing with Garima, the lie wins, whether it be for the sake of Payash or Anjali. And it because the marriage means more than anything else.
-Nithi- IF-Dazzler
-Nithi-
-Nithi-

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by momma1128

@all - Is Khushi not putting Anjali's happiness with a dubious man ahead of the truth? Why did she not say why her engagement broke? Anjali does not know her fiance. But, my biggest issue with Khushi was not her silence, it was not her quiet on the broken engagement, it was her VADA to never let anything happen to Anjali's marriage. That put a whole different spin on it.

Anu, the vada Kushi made meant - she will never marry Shyam and fall for his love plot. She will not be her souten LOL

But she will tell her the truth, its just not the right time. But Anjali is the decision-maker, whether to continue her relationship or not ! 

momma1128sbk2

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
@Nithi - I did not take the vada that way as the engagement is broken. I took it as an assurance that Khushi will protect Anjali's marriage. Maybe that's why I have such a bad taste in my mouth from that scene.

najbeg-Nithi-

Go to top