Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nithi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: momma1128

@Nithi - I did not take the vada that way as the engagement is broken. I took it as an assurance that Khushi will protect Anjali's marriage. Maybe that's why I have such a bad taste in my mouth from that scene.

Yes, even I thought of this angle. May be witnessing how weak and dependent Anjali is, she might have taken this decision. 

Anjali said " Hum jee nahi payenge" - This changed the ball game completely.

The dialogue is very open-ended !
Edited by -Nithi- - 12 years ago
nyxx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Great post as always Anu.

I agree that Khushis values, morals and the background she grew up with are one of the reasons as to why she probably couldnt bring herself to say the truth to Anjali. But it was also how the situation and Anjalis panic attack at the entire mangalsutra fiasco that played a pivotal role in her not being able to speak up. It makes me wonder too that by hiding the truth, isnt she doing the same as Garima had suggested yesterday 🤔 

Something also tells me that she still hasnt realized or understood the extent to which Shyam can stoop down to to probably get her back in his life, Khushi probably thinks that Shyam will again go back into making Anjali happy.

Everyones sacrificing for someone or the other, and right now Payash wedding is what everyones really focusing upon.
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@Fari- for me traditional values, as i saw from my mom, and her mom before her, is that if you are a woman, you will sacrifice. I don't agree with it and goodness knows I haven't done that, but this is the value system as deep rooted as trying to live up to Sita as the ideal wife. I find it curious that everyone is so against her being labelled traditional. Maybe because I am not in the subcontinent I didn't realize it was such a buzz word.
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

@Fari- for me traditional values, as i saw from my mom, and her mom before her, is that if you are a woman, you will sacrifice. I don't agree with it and goodness knows I haven't done that, but this is the value system as deep rooted as trying to live up to Sita as the ideal wife. I find it curious that everyone is so against her being labelled traditional. Maybe because I am not in the subcontinent I didn't realize it was such a buzz word.

Khushi is very traditional in a lot of ways. In fact a huge part of the story is about Khushi's values based on the traditions and societal norms. Sacrifice is a major part of tradition but it's not the whole thing I guess. So in that context, being traditional in some ways is not necessarily a bad thing. 

But I just feel that hiding the truth wasn't a result of her traditional values. ðŸ˜³

susie thumbnail
i think she does tell anjali the truth about engment beign call off
but would tell her that it is sham watch precap
anjali goes on about trust and everything
we just have to wait and see
LuvShuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Why she didn't tell her that the engagement breaking was her CHOICE I don't know) , and as shown in the SBB clip, making her family keep quiet about Shyam, she is sending a message which I suppose most of the saas audience will understand - ultimately, it does not matter for a woman whom she is married to, it just matters that she is married.

That may be Garima's point of view but not KKG's or Payal's or even Anjali's.
KKG and Payal both argued for why Anjali must be absolutely told. But the Anj's meltdown today showed KKG how fragile and insecure Anj is. 
As for Anj: Anjali truly believes she is married to a good man. As far as appearances go, Shyam is the perfect husband. In fact, even ASR is shown in scenes looking at Anj and Shyam being lovey-dovey with moist-eyed approval. 

I don't think this is about save a marriage at any cost. I think this is about what is best for Anj in this moment. And, sadly--neither option looks good for Anj's future health and happiness.
SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hiya Anu!

Awesome as always!...
But I do think dat the change of her mind was due Anjali's pathetic cry baby act for her Mangalasutra... I don't think it was right thing to keep Anjali in her la la land...cos she will have to face some the truth day or other...

@all - Is Khushi not putting Anjali's happiness with a dubious man ahead of the truth? Why did she not say why her engagement broke? Anjali does not know her fiance. But, my biggest issue with Khushi was not her silence, it was not her quiet on the broken engagement, it was her VADA to never let anything happen to Anjali's marriage. That put a whole different spin on it.

@ bold - While watching Monday's epi (exactly during Shyam-b4-truck scene) me n my mom were discussing and it sounded so stupid n irrelevant when she told dat..."Khushi may try 2 sudharofy Shyam" God forbid! but dis line and Khushi's interest in Sudharofying everyone(like she tried with Arnav) rings me a bell...I m not at all ready for such track!
Edited by cindrella255 - 12 years ago
momma1128 thumbnail
@Ella- I cannot even phathom that. She is going to try to reform the man who crippled her father. An 18 year old virgin who didnt understand her almost kiss is going to reform a perv? I can only see this happening if Shyam pretends to do it to be close to her. Oh, my skin is beginning to crawl at the thought.
momma1128 thumbnail
@luvshuv - i would agree absolutely 100% that it is Garima's view.  But again, Khushi agreed to marry Shyam (coerced big time but agreed) because she understands this dynamic about the marriage meaning an end to their ultimate responsibility towards their daughter.
SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

@Ella- I cannot even phathom that. She is going to try to reform the man who crippled her father. An 18 year old virgin who didnt understand her almost kiss is going to reform a perv? I can only see this happening if Shyam pretends to do it to be close to her. Oh, my skin is beginning to crawl at the thought.

Exactly...it will be the looniliest track then...So far she just knows that he tried 2 marry despite being happily married to her Anjaliji...His attempt-to-murder s not known...Shashi babua has 2 jump out of bed and knock some senses into Gupta ladies!
Hope CV's ki dimaag does not work on such track! I cannot c Devil banaa Devta!
Edited by cindrella255 - 12 years ago