Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nithi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Anu, as always an  awesome post !

But I don't think Kushi kept quiet to save Anjali's marriage as she is traditional. Its only witnessing the hungama that Anjalai made, made her to go mute. 

But what about the so called elders of the family ? If Kushi is made to deal with a serious issue like this all alone, then why did buaji made all the decisions so far ? Is it not buaji's duty to meet naniji and tell the truth ? And wll anyone speak to a victim at the first place ?

No brains and logic at all. 
humhemeghna thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 2
I took the breaking of the mangal sutra as sign to go ahead and  tell Anjali the truth...your marriage is as flimsy as the mangal sutra...But alas...the sign lies in the eyes of the observer.
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@all - Is Khushi not putting Anjali's happiness with a dubious man ahead of the truth? Why did she not say why her engagement broke? Anjali does not know her fiance. But, my biggest issue with Khushi was not her silence, it was not her quiet on the broken engagement, it was her VADA to never let anything happen to Anjali's marriage. That put a whole different spin on it.
momma1128 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Marybarton

<font color="#CC0033">Khushi took an emotional decision because she likes to see everyone happy. I don't think it was part of her lower middle class way of thinking. It is the same decision Arnav will take and he's not middle class either.

They are both doing it out of love, to spare Anjali because she is already damaged by her part. It is weakness on their part because they think Anjali's condition makes her more vulnerable.

While you put a good question, your criticism was off. I don't think there is anything wrong with middle class traditional values. In fact, they would say that Khushi tell Anjali the truth. Anjali's values on the other end are traditional. And perhaps a little too devoted and forgiving, but it does not have anything to do with class.
</font>

I did not say middle class is bad and never would. I am very middle class from the USA. And his entire aukat thing was disgraceful. But, ultimately, isn't Khushi agreeing with Garima, the lie wins, whether it be for the sake of Payash or Anjali. And it because the marriage means more than anything else.
-Nithi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: momma1128

@all - Is Khushi not putting Anjali's happiness with a dubious man ahead of the truth? Why did she not say why her engagement broke? Anjali does not know her fiance. But, my biggest issue with Khushi was not her silence, it was not her quiet on the broken engagement, it was her VADA to never let anything happen to Anjali's marriage. That put a whole different spin on it.

Anu, the vada Kushi made meant - she will never marry Shyam and fall for his love plot. She will not be her souten ðŸ˜†

But she will tell her the truth, its just not the right time. But Anjali is the decision-maker, whether to continue her relationship or not ! 
momma1128 thumbnail
@Nithi - I did not take the vada that way as the engagement is broken. I took it as an assurance that Khushi will protect Anjali's marriage. Maybe that's why I have such a bad taste in my mouth from that scene.
LadyLaLa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Did Anji say hum uske bina jee nahin paayenge? if so, khushi may have thought that she might do something to herself..  As we have seen, khushi forgives easily (remember she saved Shyam from a near accident), is very caring and likes to help everyone (sometimes she over does it).. so what she did today was part of her persona ... but I know this time both the Gupta's and the Raizada's will come heavily on Khushi for hiding the truth..

So she is not only going to face music ... she is going to face the band bhaja.. baraati  😆
honestyfirst thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Nithi-

Anu, as always an  awesome post !

But I don't think Kushi kept quiet to save Anjali's marriage as she is traditional. Its only witnessing the hungama that Anjalai made, made her to go mute. 

But what about the so called elders of the family ? If Kushi is made to deal with a serious issue like this all alone, then why did buaji made all the decisions so far ? Is it not buaji's duty to meet naniji and tell the truth ? And wll anyone speak to a victim at the first place ?

No brains and logic at all. 

i dont agree its logical...khushi is close to the raizada family ...so it was decided that khushi will tell thetruth
Marybarton thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

I did not say middle class is bad and never would. I am very middle class from the USA. And his entire aukat thing was disgraceful. But, ultimately, isn't Khushi agreeing with Garima, the lie wins, whether it be for the sake of Payash or Anjali. And it because the marriage means more than anything else.

You said middle class traditional like a criticism, so it sounded a little like that. But I am not attacking you, just giving my take on how I saw it. Don't get hurt. I also thought his various aukat talks were wrong and I am going to make my fanfic Khushi take it out on him for saying those things. I think class ideas are just wrong, but that point has nothing to do with the soap. What matters more is merit.

In any case, I don't think that Khushi took her mother's side by not telling Anjali. Because she is not doing it to save Anjali's face in society, like Garima wants to for Payal. She is doing it because she thinks Anjali will break and she already has so much hurt, the leg, the past, etc. So Khushi thinks Anjali is too weak to deal with this. That's why she wants to safeguard Anjali.

Edited by Marybarton - 12 years ago
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Anu although I understand your POV i don't exactly agree with the whole bit. 

I don't think Khushi being the martyr has much to do with middle class values and gender role.

I think her self sacrificing tendency is firstly a result of her being an orphan. She sacrifices a lot for her family, not only because she loves them but  because she feels indebted to them.

Her decision of hiding the truth was a result of her caring nature combined with Anjali's extreme reaction after the mangalsutra incident. 

If you notice carefully, she was rather shocked to see Anjali panic. 

But the only thing I didn't like was that she didn't tell that she broke off the engagement. She could have also mentioned the guy turned out to be a fraud. 

EDIT...Isn't La and Arnav doing the same thing by hiding their break-up truth ?

Edited by incandescent - 12 years ago