The Good, the Bad and the Not So Good! - Page 7

Posted: 12 years ago
The Not so Good:

Khushi telling Anjali to keep the news of her broken engagement a secret πŸ˜•
I don't see how her broken engagement is going to give so much 'dukh' to Nani! Its the truth and cannot be hidden for long. 

I think the main reason is not Nani's dukh bt somebdy else's concern she wanted to avoid... 
She knows deep down her heart how ASR is concerned about her. ASR has proved it multiple times. 
She does nt want ASR-LA engagement to suffer bcoz of her. **Sigh**

Originally posted by aa123.80

Shwets! πŸ€— Great post!
You've already said everything abt the epi... Nothing much to add...

ASR-La's breakup scene was really sweet. Thank god he was honest with her atleast now, when he realises that he can't lie anymore. Sana was brilliant in her portrayal, and her maturity abt the whole issue really amazed me. The whole scene was so simple and so natural.

Other than that, the episode had major W*F moments. Anjali's hyper reaction being the winner. Who the hell reacts like that? She needs a mental asylum asap. "Hum unke bagair kuch nahin" pissed me off big time. The lady went ballistic, announcing vrats, pujas what not. She needs to be shaken out of this dream world she lives in.

And Khushi not telling her is understandable, cause Anjali's the kind of person who wouldn't even believe anything against her pati parmeshwar. BUT, her promising Anjali that her marriage is safe was a MAJOR blunder. Does she actually think Shyam will remain faithful to Anjali? Why is she giving her false hopes? If she couldn't tell her, she should've remained quiet.Two timing isn't a mild issue, and I HOPE there isn't a scene where Khushi gives a speech to Shyam to remain loyal to Anjali coming up. If Khushi sees how shattered Anjali will be by this truth, then why make her even more delusional?
And where are the Guptas in all this? Speaking to Anjali directly was a dumb plan right in the first place, cause you can't directly tell a married woman her husband is a cheat. But atleast tell Nani/ASR! They'd be able to handle Anjali, but hiding it altogether from the family is stupid to the core. Buaji, Garima, why are they taking this issue so lightly??

And again, no logic to hiding the fact that Khushi's engagement is broken. I guess the CVs are piling up as many secrets as they can for a series of misunderstandings. :S Abt La telling ASR not to reveal their break-up, I don't think she's gonna use that in a bad way. I think it was genuine concern for the family and ASR and hope it remains that way.

HI Ishi πŸ€—

Loved your response Hun! Agree with each and every word of yours...

Yes, other than the La - ASR scenes the rest of them were devoid of logic!

I know, Bua and Garima should have spoken to Nani and Anjali...sending the pool gal alone like everything is her responsibility! No logic behind that whole part of the episode!

And Khushi promising Anjali was another weird thing! I am sure she'll go and lecture Shyam. She doesn't know about the other heinous things he's done...she's in big trouble.

Sigh, the more I discuss this epi, the more frustrated I get!

I hope Arnie finds out about Shyam and I hope La leaves! I'm worried about her presence and uneasy about them hiding their broken engagement too!

Faltoo ke complications! 
Originally posted by Shwetha!

@LuvShuv: Agree, but an acknowledgement if not an apology sorry for emotionally blackmailing you into the mess, we would never do it again. Good we found out...It was all about Payal and her marriage...not a thought for Khushi that is what bugged me..But maybe we might see some sort of regret expressed by them in the coming episodes, hopefully

True, especially when they are also very well-aware what a broken engagement represents to a girl in their circle. 
It is consistent with how the family have always treated her. 
That's why it was so impactful today when dear ANJ said, "but what about your dard, Khushiji."
And the deep irony that the person most concerned of KKG's pain is the wife of the man who has placed her in this debacle.
Originally posted by jasw

I don't know why but the following two issues making me quite uneasy

1) La telling ASR to continue the charade and

2) Shyam's truth hidden from Raizada's 

May I add a third issue?

3) what evil plans was Shyam busy hatching this morning while all those beautiful people at RM were crying hugging discussing broken engagements? 
Edited by LuvShuv - 12 years ago
Originally posted by appy2011

yes yaara...I replied to sathya's post saying that we should go to  the CVs and do dharna...we want arhi romance...we want arhi romance...chalo pune tho bombay ke pass he hai..I am going to book a  taxi asap...πŸ˜†
Appy sis Take my vote with you to Cv's ,ass Hyd is far from Bombay..agar muje chance  milena jab thak arhi romance air nahi hota mein vaha hi betungiπŸ˜†,bhahuth hogaya Shyam and ajali ka natak ,voh tho badhal ne vale nahi hey,,,,we want break that to with Arhi romanceee
Edited by vasiraju - 12 years ago
Originally posted by vasiraju

Actually i never expected Asr will directly deal with matter to lavanya.Its a great step from ASR side.From the begging i was thinking lavanya will realize first,Make ASR to realize that he is wrong.But loved the how Arnav approached  himself.Don't understand Why lavanya left him so easily,i expected some strong dialogues from her.i can understand her pain,but still i felt she is begging his love,she should be happy for what that happen to her.I felt lavanya is behaving as twin of Kushi,when she is thinking about ASR family.(Just like YOU and me dearπŸ˜‰  πŸ€—)

Its really very good for lavanya that she came out of Dream land,having a chance to see real world. Special  note to mention about ASR here ,some how he make realize this two ladies lavanya and kushi about real LifeπŸ˜†.Advice to him make your sister to realize the real world ,drag her from Pooja,thali,vrath etc.kick that snake out of the worldπŸ˜†

Oh swetha kya yarr tum kab se Howta,jr Howta ko chodke Anjali ko dekne lagii,(Ajeeb ka asar padagaya thumkoπŸ˜†).No dough You are my twin here, yesterday i was thinking the same the production house is more concentrating on anjali attire,every day she wears a new saree,kushi and Arnav are rotating there dresses πŸ˜‰  ,krupa karke hatwa per dhyandhooo
PS:Akash their no special room for him,And engagement attire as per SBS/SBB i didn't like it,shyam was wearing a better oneπŸ˜† 

Totally Agree with you.😊(Aaj kal bahut taras a rehehai swetha thumkooo anjali perπŸ˜†)

My only question on this is why is she not approaching to Arnav?don't she feel that Arnav is the second person to know the truth,why is she hiding this from him.he has full rights to know.its better to say the truth to Arnav when compared to Anjali.she will face the consequences badly no dough, indirectly she is provoking the psychopathy that he is on wining side,allowing him to do whatever he wants do in future.

Its becoming Total Mess,everyone  pretending and hiding things to make US fools which i really don't  like  in IPK. 
Well done swethy's ,loved your Take on episode.πŸ‘

Good morning Luckvinder Singh...πŸ€—

Hahaha, loved your response full of good humor. 

Haan yaar, I too did not expect ASR to fess up, and everything got over in one episode itself, except then engagement breaking chupana part! That makes me uneasy. 

I know, Anjali wears nice beautiful saris and Arnav ko wohi kapde pehnaate rehte hain!

And Khushi will not involve Arnav just as yet, because she wouldn't want him to get involved more many reasons - he's getting engaged (as she thinks), this is his sister's husband, jis par voh jaan deta hai...etc etc.

Plus, Khushi is a self sacrificing naari πŸ˜•
She's ready to sacrifice everything for the good of others...

Messy got messier..I hate such drag fests and unnecessary problems.

Anyway...lets see what happens ahead!
Originally posted by LuvShuv

May I add a third issue?

3) what was evil plans was Shyam busy hatching this morning while all those beautiful people at RM were crying hugging discussing broken engagements? 

All those beautiful people...so true πŸ˜†
What a good looking set of people πŸ˜ƒ

Yes, Shyam sure looked confident in yesterday's episode at the Guptas' house! He is not gonna lay low - he's gonna strike back πŸ˜”

I'm late ... everyone has said everything already πŸ˜†

My two penny's worth - The Good - Arnav- La - definitely ... I liked the way they showed that La HAD seen the writing on the wall but had purposely turned a blind eye ... For one, she was mentally prepared, and so she didn't shatter when Arnav spoke to her ... she had actually seen it coming, had hoped it wouldn't come to that, but it did, and she accepted it gracefully.

And I don't think she was heartbroken ... because I don't think she was madly, crazily in love with Arnav ... she was very fond of him, yes, and she was happy with the life she led at the Raizadas house ... but her heart was not broken.
And La didn't change because of Arnav or for his family - she changed because of Khushi ...  La has evolved into a better person because that better person was hidden inside her and Khushi made her emerge ... after all, at the beginning she had no intention of changing herself, and Arnav never wanted her to either.

Arnav - glad he took the onus - I did want La to do it, but Arnav did the needful ... I liked the way he did, simply, directly, honestly, yet gently - taking care of La's feelings and trying not to hurt her any more than he absolutely had to. Again Khushi's influence. Both avoided any mention of Khushi even in their thoughts ...

I don't have any problem with La wanting to hide the break up - because of Mami - Nani had stipulated that Arnav has to get engaged first, so if they call of the engagement, then Mami would probably seize the moment to postpone Payash's ... La said exactly that - that Mami agreed after so much difficulty. On the engagement day itself, mami can't possibly make a fuss.

The Bad - More than Anjali's blind faith on her husband and her total dependence on him ... I can understand that ... Anjali has also lost her parents tragically, Arnav reacted by becoming ASR, Anjali has reacted by becoming ultra-religious and turning a blind eye to everything unpleasant and pretending it doesn't exist ... but more than that, what I hated was the blind ritualism ... mangalsutra broke, so do vrat and special pooja 🀒😑 ... I have a serious problem with blind ritualism! Call your husband and check he's ok - fine ... and get the clasp fixed, woman!!! Falling to pieces because the mangalsutra broke and calling it a "haadsa" got my goat!

Anyway, the cv's had to lay it on really thick for Khushi to change her mind, and they did!

Khushi - again, am not annoyed that Khushi didn't tell Anjali - it was not a job for her, and Buaji or Garima should have taken that responsibility, especially Buaji who had let Shyam into their house in the first place. And not to Anjali directly, when you know how much she worships her husband - to a responsible and stronger minded elder like Nani ... or to Arnav.
What was Khushi to say - um, excuse me, Anjaliji, but I thought you should know that your husband is a twotiming unscrupulous rat and has been living in my house for six months and ... ah yes, he's the one I'm engaged to ... now shall we discuss the engagements?
It is never easy to tell a woman that her husband has been cheating on her ... and there is no guarantee that Anjali would have believed her at all ... especially after the My Pati is Parmeshwar and I am Dust At His Feet speech!

But what did bug me was Khushi's deciding to protect Shyam for the longer term, if that is what she has done - she is no one to make that decision, she does need to tell someone in the Raizada family about Shyam ... even if she is giving Shyam the benefit of doubt and thinking he slipped once, give him a chance to reform, and save Anjali's marriage. But she can't take that decision on her own.
And if the cv's have played it this way, I think there will be a major misunderstanding between her and Arnav on this ... its a given!

Not So Good - Khushi hiding her break of engagement - i think it's just till the Payash engagement which is two days away, so she obviously doesn't want to spoil the atmosphere - and Anjali doesn't know exactly HOW unhappy she was with her engagement in the first place ... so am ok with that. Also, Khushi saw Arnav's reaction, I think she was more worried about that than about nani's, and it's Arnav's engagement too, she doesn't want either spoilt. But why couldn't she say that her engagement broke because the guy was a cheat, and a married man? Itna toh she could have said!

La hiding the news - same reasoning - I said it above!

Well acted all through ... although the Anjali Khushi scenes were annoying, they were well acted as usual - am sure Daljeet must be cursing the writers daily ki give me SOME buddhi please!
Arnav -La scenes were very well acted ... contrary to many, I think Barun stole the show ... Sana had the better dialogues and the more sympathetic character to play, but I think she could have been better. Just my opinion!
Edited by DiyaS - 12 years ago
Originally posted by DiyaS

I'm late ... everyone has said everything already πŸ˜†

My two penny's worth - The Good - Arnav- La - definitely ... I liked the way they showed that La HAD seen the writing on the wall but had purposely turned a blind eye ... For one, she was mentally prepared, and so she didn't shatter when Arnav spoke to her ... she had actually seen it coming, had hoped it wouldn't come to that, but it did, and she accepted it gracefully.

And I don't think she was heartbroken ... because I don't think she was madly, crazily in love with Arnav ... she was very fond of him, yes, and she was happy with the life she led at the Raizadas house ... but her heart was not broken.
And La didn't change because of Arnav or for his family - she changed because of Khushi ...  La has evolved into a better person because that better person was hidden inside her and Khushi made her emerge ... after all, at the beginning she had no intention of changing herself, and Arnav never wanted her to either.

Arnav - glad he took the onus - I did want La to do it, but Arnav did the needful ... I liked the way he did, simply, directly, honestly, yet gently - taking care of La's feelings and trying not to hurt her any more than he absolutely had to. Again Khushi's influence. Both avoided any mention of Khushi even in their thoughts ...

I don't have any problem with La wanting to hide the break up - because of Mami - Nani had stipulated that Arnav has to get engaged first, so if they call of the engagement, then Mami would probably seize the moment to postpone Payash's ... La said exactly that - that Mami agreed after so much difficulty. On the engagement day itself, mami can't possibly make a fuss.

The Bad - More than Anjali's blind faith on her husband and her total dependence on him ... I can understand that ... Anjali has also lost her parents tragically, Arnav reacted by becoming ASR, Anjali has reacted by becoming ultra-religious and turning a blind eye to everything unpleasant and pretending it doesn't exist ... but more than that, what I hated was the blind ritualism ... mangalsutra broke, so do vrat and special pooja 🀒😑 ... I have a serious problem with blind ritualism! Call your husband and check he's ok - fine ... and get the clasp fixed, woman!!! Falling to pieces because the mangalsutra broke and calling it a "haadsa" got my goat!

Anyway, the cv's had to lay it on really thick for Khushi to change her mind, and they did!

Khushi - again, am not annoyed that Khushi didn't tell Anjali - it was not a job for her, and Buaji or Garima should have taken that responsibility, especially Buaji who had let Shyam into their house in the first place. And not to Anjali directly, when you know how much she worships her husband - to a responsible and stronger minded elder like Nani ... or to Arnav.
What was Khushi to say - um, excuse me, Anjaliji, but I thought you should know that your husband is a twotiming unscrupulous rat and has been living in my house for six months and ... ah yes, he's the one I'm engaged to ... now shall we discuss the engagements?
It is never easy to tell a woman that her husband has been cheating on her ... and there is no guarantee that Anjali would have believed her at all ... especially after the My Pati is Parmeshwar and I am Dust At His Feet speech!

But what did bug me was Khushi's deciding to protect Shyam for the longer term, if that is what she has done - she is no one to make that decision, she does need to tell someone in the Raizada family about Shyam ... even if she is giving Shyam the benefit of doubt and thinking he slipped once, give him a chance to reform, and save Anjali's marriage. But she can't take that decision on her own.
And if the cv's have played it this way, I think there will be a major misunderstanding between her and Arnav on this ... its a given!

Not So Good - Khushi hiding her break of engagement - i think it's just till the Payash engagement which is two days away, so she obviously doesn't want to spoil the atmosphere - and Anjali doesn't know exactly HOW unhappy she was with her engagement in the first place ... so am ok with that. Also, Khushi saw Arnav's reaction, I think she was more worried about that than about nani's, and it's Arnav's engagement too, she doesn't want either spoilt. But why couldn't she say that her engagement broke because the guy was a cheat, and a married man? Itna toh she could have said!

La hiding the news - same reasoning - I said it above!

Well acted all through ... although the Anjali Khushi scenes were annoying, they were well acted as usual - am sure Daljeet must be cursing the writers daily ki give me SOME buddhi please!
Arnav -La scenes were very well acted ... contrary to many, I think Barun stole the show ... Sana had the better dialogues and the more sympathetic character to play, but I think she could have been better. Just my opinion!

I wouldn't say Sana is an excellent actress...no offense to Sana fans. She definitely can improve.
She did good yesterday, but like you said Diya, Barun was stellar and totally stole the show!
Swadesyyy.. 

You always see the Good in people!

(and the bad.. and the not so good.. and the ugly)
but I wanted to start on a Good Note!!!

I wonder when people visit your home whether you welcome them to have a seat or lie on the couch to be analyzed.. 

*wicked grinnings.. tdy you're going to swat me with a wide-pan for sure*

The Good was Great.. The Bad, Perfect.. The Not So Good, I don't agree with completely..

I think I just stated in the Ajeeb Char Baj Gaye thread as to why!