The Good, the Bad and the Not So Good!

Posted: 12 years ago
Hello my fellow IPK fans!

Watched today's episode. Good emotional acting by Sana and Barun...πŸ‘

Here are a few things that stood out:

The Good: 

ASR coming clean on his (non)feelings for La - When he declared his decision to get married to La and then the hasty announcement of the engagement, he had taken impulsive and poor decisions, without thinking it through in the heat of the moment.
All this time he continued to show to his family members that this was what he wanted, completely neglecting La's feelings and thoughts.
But today he decided that he could no longer continue this charade and La's earnest questions finally broke through the bubble he had created around himself...today he fessed up and admitted that he does reciprocate her feelings and probably never has in the past either.
Good job ASR! Love you for this honesty (besides your good looks πŸ˜‰).
I loved the La -ASR scenes, except the last part...

Lavanya finally waking up and opening her eyes towards the truth - Though I do not blame her for trying to avoid the truth - how painful is it to love someone so much and be told that he does not love her back - especially after being shown the way to a dream world of spending her life with him! Her heart is shattered.
I hope I am right about this (never know what the creatives have in mind), but today Lavanya proved that she indeed loves ASR and is a good person at heart.

Anjali's sari...Seriously, she was wearing a pretty sari and she looked very beautiful...speaking of whom, I remembered what the 'BAD' part of the epi today was...

The Bad: 

Seeing Anjali's dependance on her husband - in addition to getting a disturbing glimpse of her low self esteem and the limit of self-deprecation!
No wonder a scum bag like Shyam manages to deceive her and take advantage of her.

It was bad seeing a well educated person with strong family support behaving this way! I mean if Anjali was alone, left to fend for herself and desperate, I could still sympathize with her for wanting to be so dependent on her husband. 
The only thing I can interpret from her blind support of her husband is that the tragic loss of her parents and the troubles she went through with her brother have affected her personality so much that she's afraid of losing her near and dear ones, and possibly her physical handicap has reduced her self esteem so much that she wants to be dependent knowingly on her hubby.

I do feel that the creatives laid it on a little too thick today, just to make Khushi back out from her firm decision of exposing Shyam's truth.

Khushi not exposing Shyam's real face to Anjali - I am NOT entirely blaming her for this, seeing the way she is: always caring, nurturing and protective towards others.  Khushi took the wrong decision because she was probably shaken up by seeing the extent of Anjali's blind love for her philandering husband! - Anjali's 'astitva' and her happiness lies in her husband πŸ˜΅
Khushi has made a huge mistake - she will suffer the consequences more than anyone else.
And she will be responsible for indirectly protecting that monster - who will now fully unleash his evil more than ever.

The Not so Good:

Khushi telling Anjali to keep the news of her broken engagement a secret πŸ˜•
I don't see how her broken engagement is going to give so much 'dukh' to Nani! Its the truth and cannot be hidden for long. 

La telling ASR to continue the farce and hide the truth from the family members - though she is doing this with noble intentions towards his family, she is prolonging the heartache, and making things uncomfortable, not only for herself, but also for ASR (though she doesn't know he has feelings for someone else).

Agreed, that with the impending Payash engagement it seems like the right thing to do, BUT, how long are they gonna continue the charade? I do hope they tell everyone after Payash get engaged and do not drag it anymore beyond that.

On the whole the epi today was great in terms of acting and emotions. We got to see that La is no longer "Blah"...

Khushi on the other hand is becoming too much of a self -sacrificing naari, which is again disturbing.
Even more disturbing is the fact that a monster like Shyam has the women he has wronged the most protecting him - one willingly and the other who thinks she has no other choiceπŸ˜•

The creatives no doubt, are purposely adding more and more complications to probably create a big misunderstanding between Arhi.

Edited by sbk2 - 12 years ago

The Good:

I always wanted ASR and La to have a proper conversation about their feelings. Today I am more than satisfied with that part.

Anjali's sarees are almost always pretty...not to mention Daljeet looks great.

Th Bad:

Loving one's husband and being concerned about his well being is one thing and being completely obsessed is another thing.

It was disturbing to watch Anjali's unhealthy obsession.

The not so good:

The cv's are creating unnecessary complications which is turn off for me.

Great post. 

Edited by incandescent - 12 years ago
Awesome post...Totally agree with you about everything other than Anjali's saree...i never seem to remember the clothes ppl wear,But she always looks grt~~Edited by somzz007 - 12 years ago
Totally agree. Khushi, maybe not to Anjali but someone in the house needs to let the truth out about Shyam   
R

Edit:

Awesome post once again Shweta πŸ‘
I am totally gonna echo you πŸ˜› Beware of the length πŸ˜³

I loved today's episode just for one reason - Arnav ruled, ASR lost !

What a fantastic break up it was πŸ‘ 

A perfect continuation from yesterday's epi. The way he forgot their engagement, change of name, La's realization, his flashbacks about how much he had cared for her, making him realize his true feelings, guilty about the non-existent love, wanting to free her from this fake relationship, wanting his freedom, his first move - πŸ‘

As we all suspected, La was completely in a denial mode all these time. She knew the fate of their relationship but still not wanting to accept it - making sense of every time she witnessed his lack of reaction. Now, an absolute display of maturity from her (which I expected already) - deserves this πŸ‘ πŸ‘ What a fantastic change ! Kushi has brought the best out of her. The entire sequence was just perfect - beyond awesome. And like Arnav, I respect her attitude. Her care for the family, tells us how much she has gelled with them. She truly respects and loves them. (Although, I will say she did not love Arnav, its just affection) And she will never turn a vamp. 

Today's break up is purely Arnav's victory ! ASR lost the battle he was fighting with Arnav. He cannot tolerate ASR anymore. He cannot imagine a life without love, he cannot cheat himself anymore, not even for the fact that he has to push Kushi out of his life. Because he has accepted that he had wronged Kushi and he regrets. He resolves that he will not commit a blunder again knowingly. 

'Mujhe bohoth buhra lagtha hai, mujhe patha nahi chaltha ki"

says it all. What a fantastic change love can bring in β­οΈ True that Love makes a man so as love breaks a man ! He has started to undo his mistakes - putting back ASR - a very bright future for Arnav !

The entire sequence was very natural, mature and emotional ! Again applause !

Now coming to Kushi - Anjali convo :

I understand that a woman cannot tolerate her mangulstra getting broken. A character like Anjali who believes in Devi mayya, pooja, vrat and symbolisms - definitely the expected reaction. 
Like all, even I found it to be very OTT but that was not out of her character. 

Kushi, the selfless person, meri maa - I get that you cannot spill the beans to Anjali at that time ! But how dare you promise her that her married life will be intact ? Do you want her to spend the rest of her life with a cheat ? Or do you expect Shyam to realize and change for good ? πŸ˜²

Ok, chodo, but whats that all about the secrecy of her broken engagement ? πŸ˜² Hello Kushi, come back to Mother Earth ! Your own family is not concerned about your state and you expect the Raizadas to be all duhki athma for you ? Please, save your heart lady ! No logic or whatsoever ! 

Atleast Anajli knew that its Kushi who broke the engagement ! So, I guess there will be no misunderstanding on this part !  And what the hell are Guptas doing ? Eating and sleeping - making a young lady handle a situation like this ? And can't Kushi tell to someone else ? How can she go to the victim all the way ? 

Atlast, a sigh of relief in the form of Arnav-La breakup ! Now, its all set for their love to bloom and blossom explicitly ! Awaiting the romantic track πŸ˜
Edited by -Nithi- - 12 years ago

Loved your post, amazing analysis.

The good most definitely was the confession of ASR and La, at first I thought, no the cv's won't let this happen so soon, but it happened, ASR, finally confronted La, that she does not hold a place in his heart and that he cannot keep her on the end of a thread all the time, he can't keep on playing as you very well said the "Charade", that he loves her and has the intention of marrying her. But breakup's are always hard. I agree that by not telling the others will they get fake engaged, that's not a good story or a good decision. Furthermore, I agree the whole confrontation to the family to tell that they have broken up will be even more painful and a bigger shock.

The mangalsutra scene, could it have some symbolism, I'm probably wrong about this, but Anjali's mangalsutra fell and Khushi caught it, in a way saved it, could this mean that Khushi will be the one to save Anjali's marriage which is hanging by a thread, which is stuck in a situation that at the moment has no means of being solved, like it was stuck in Anjali's neck with her other necklace. I don't know probably a really bad interpretation there.

Loved your post, I would like to give my interpretation on every point, which I agree with 100%. But sadly I'm too lazy and don't have the time.lol.

Originally posted by incandescent

The Good:

I always wanted ASR and La to have a proper conversation about their feelings. Today I am more than satisfied with that part.

Anjali's sarees are almost always pretty...not to mention Daljeet looks great.

Th Bad:

Loving one's husband and being concerned about his well being is one thing and being completely obsessed is another thing.

It was disturbing to watch Anjali's unhealthy obsession.

The not so good:

The cv's are creating unnecessary complications which is turn off for me.

Great post. 

Hi Fari!

Yes, today ASR and La had a real conversation - a much needed one.

Complications toh creatives daalenge hi - they are not going to make it easy for Khushi and Arnav !

Thanks for replyingπŸ€—

BTW, I just saw the SBB footage - it looked good! Khushi had a different hair style for a change and ASR looked dashing as usual. πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by jaswargikoinahi

Totally agree. Khushi, maybe not to Anjali but someone in the house needs to let the truth out about Shyam   

Thanks for replying! I think the next person to know about Shyam may be Arnav...don't know when and how the creatives will show this.

Originally posted by somzz007

Awesome post...Totally agree with you about everything other than Anjali's saree...i never seem to remember the clothes ppl wear,But she always looks grt~~

She was wearing a pink sari...I know she always looks good, but today I thought she looked stunning, hence the mention of the sari πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Hanna93

Loved your post, amazing analysis.

The good most definitely was the confession of ASR and La, at first I thought, no the cv's won't let this happen so soon, but it happened, ASR, finally confronted La, that she does not hold a place in his heart and that he cannot keep her on the end of a thread all the time, he can't keep on playing as you very well said the "Charade", that he loves her and has the intention of marrying her. But breakup's are always hard. I agree that by not telling the others will they get fake engaged, that's not a good story or a good decision. Furthermore, I agree the whole confrontation to the family to tell that they have broken up will be even more painful and a bigger shock.

The mangalsutra scene, could it have some symbolism, I'm probably wrong about this, but Anjali's mangalsutra fell and Khushi caught it, in a way saved it, could this mean that Khushi will be the one to save Anjali's marriage which is hanging by a thread, which is stuck in a situation that at the moment has no means of being solved, like it was stuck in Anjali's neck with her other necklace. I don't know probably a really bad interpretation there.

Loved your post, I would like to give my interpretation on every point, which I agree with 100%. But sadly I'm too lazy and don't have the time.lol.

Thanks Hanna!

@bold: I think you interpreted that scene well! Khushi did save Anjali's marriage by not telling about Shyam. But the whole thing is going to backfire for her - Shyam will continue doing more harm than good and when Arnav comes to know, he'll definitely question Khushi as to why she kept quiet. This is no joke!

Thanks for replying! πŸ˜Š