ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Emraan Hashmi won't promote condoms!

Tushar Joshi, TNN | Dec 15, 2011, 12.00AM IST
Read More:The Dirty Picture|Emraan Hashmi The Dirty Picture
Emraan Hashmi More Pics
Emraan Hashmi has taken a stand. He won't endorse or do commercials for condom companies. 

Recently the actor was offered a huge sum of money to become the brand ambassador of a condom brand. As part of the contract, he would have to promote the product over two years. However, despite the money Emraan has decided not to take up the offer. 

Emraan says, "There were a lot of reasons why I said no! I don't want to endorse anything or be a part of a campaign that's overtly sexual in nature. A condom advertisement would leave a certain impact on the audience. Also it was for a long period of two years. The success of The Dirty Picture has proved that the audience is ready to accept me in a different light. Playing a prude was a risk that played off and now I want to expand my horizon and take on more interesting characters. Doing such an ad would only amplify the image I am trying to move away from." 

So no more movies with sexual themes ? "As an actor, I am open to all kinds of roles. But at this point, I want to experiment and take on roles with different shades. That's the only reason I have said no to the condom campaign."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Deepika and Ranbir shld promote it... They did during KWK... ๐Ÿ˜†
gossipgurls thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It's written ranbir all over it ... Lol
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Good for him b/c the last I checked ppl STILL consider him "disgusting" and "vulgar" and this just adds to that pre-conceived notion.

Hopefully, with his success ppl can see him as the wonderful human being he really is!
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Ranbir should promote it since he was happy about it...lol

But emraan would've been perfect for this ad since all he's movies are sexual. I guess like he said, he's trying to move away from that image. Good for him...I really like him and wish him the best
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7
if he is gonna get a big moolah then he should have considered it.but respect his choice .its astonishing since when did he cared about the image ๐Ÿ˜’

P.S.   HAVE ANY BOLLYWOOD CELEBRITY (mind u Celebrity ) ENDORSED A CONDOM BRAND EVER ?  i really want to know
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Good move by Emraan.Yes endorsing a condom brand at this stage would have definitely harm his image.People still considers him to be dirty.So now he needs to take up different kinds of roles and proof that he is a versatile actor.
SRK should do it. He is the on who is so obsessed with condom that he used that word repeatedly in his film.. Edited by Heat - 12 years ago
MoccoLatte thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i have come to realize Emraan isn't bad afterall... especially after TDP.  Wait a go Emraan.. 
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
What's wrong in promoting a product that can control AIDS?

PS: Ranbir would be a better choice or maybe Ajay or Sanjay or Salman or Akshay.