Book Talk

India-Forums

Book Talk
Book Talk

Giving your collection to other people (Page 4)

love...OMG Senior Member
love...OMG
love...OMG

Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
Same problem...i hate giving my books to others, i am really possessive about them, i sometimes think i love them more than my family or friends because they've never let me down.

but when i start reading them i really get inside the them, i can see what the characters look like & so on...meaning i carry them around a lot. every free class and i am reading so all my classmates notice that & start saying "CAN I BORROW THAT AFTER YOU FINISH READING" & its frustrating because i can't say no (i tried, didn't work)

and then i get my book maybe after 2 months cuz it's circulating & in a horrible condition that i feel like crying (i've done it many times, trust me) especially to my M & B books 

Any suggestions 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07

cs-07 IF-Dazzler
cs-07
cs-07

Posted: 15 May 2012 at 3:50am | IP Logged
@^^

tell ur friends, oh i am so sorry my eighbour asked for it already, after her will give it to u for sure. LOL
next time they ask, TOLD U neighbour has it now .. next time Wink

love...OMG

shruthik012 Newbie
shruthik012
shruthik012

Posted: 15 May 2012 at 4:11am | IP Logged
I do have collections of Dan Brown, Sidney shelton and old charles Dickens... would you guys need it?? but sorry am a book collector and lover...
love...OMG Senior Member
love...OMG
love...OMG

Posted: 15 May 2012 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nirvanlove

@^^

tell ur friends, oh i am so sorry my eighbour asked for it already, after her will give it to u for sure. LOL
next time they ask, TOLD U neighbour has it now .. next time Wink

thanks hun

cs-07

arunima_LUIT IF-Rockerz
arunima_LUIT
arunima_LUIT

Posted: 24 May 2012 at 6:04am | IP Logged
nice topic. I hate to give my books to random people. I would lend them to only reliable people.

A relative once borrowed my copy of  pulitzer winning "Interpreter of Maladies" by Jhumpa Lahiri & after months she said she could not find it .DeadAngry

Then in school days , I lost my half of my Nancy Drew collection . People dont wanna returnCryAngry

love...OMG

ash.attitude IF-Rockerz
ash.attitude
ash.attitude

Posted: 08 June 2012 at 12:50am | IP Logged
And here I thought I was the only one with a psycho like obsessive behavior lol.

I always tell my friends how if my room ever got robbed, I'd only be sad over my novels. I absolutely detest people who want to borrow my novels. I never used to give my treasures to anyone up until recently for a close friend. She actually started reading because of ME! wow, I felt great so now I give her a novel every time she's done reading another. Without a doubt, it has random sticky notes in the begging, ending and at random pages saying "TAKE CARE OF THIS BOOK. I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU RIP A PAGE. DO NOT PUT CURRY OR GREASE STAINS"

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

love...OMGcs-07

cs-07 IF-Dazzler
cs-07
cs-07

Posted: 08 June 2012 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by attitude.ash

And here I thought I was the only one with a psycho like obsessive behavior lol.

I always tell my friends how if my room ever got robbed, I'd only be sad over my novels. I absolutely detest people who want to borrow my novels. I never used to give my treasures to anyone up until recently for a close friend. She actually started reading because of ME! wow, I felt great so now I give her a novel every time she's done reading another. Without a doubt, it has random sticky notes in the begging, ending and at random pages saying "TAKE CARE OF THIS BOOK. I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU RIP A PAGE. DO NOT PUT CURRY OR GREASE STAINS"

ROFL

dont tell me u actually do the sticky notes though thats a hilarious idea

my best friend has more than 5 books i lent her to read so as she can quit readin via pdf.. i dont ask for it , she doesnt give it back :(

and gave shantaram to my cousin , she was moving to another city, and she kept the book in her home without reading it and i havent read it either. that was idiotic for her. and now i want it back and we live in different cities. WTH. Angry

love...OMG

ash.attitude IF-Rockerz
ash.attitude
ash.attitude

Posted: 08 June 2012 at 1:15am | IP Logged
@nirvanlove: yes I do it. Trust me I thought it was totally normal but then ye, I do realize I can be OTT when it comes to my novels Tongue. The first novel I had lent her was The Alchemist and I had actually notes on it. There's a reason why my friends think I'm a psycho. I think I can now relate Tongue LOL.

If I were you, I'd call that cousin and ask to mail my book back, true story! Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

love...OMGcs-07

Go to top