Book Talk

India-Forums

Book Talk
Book Talk

Giving your collection to other people (Page 3)

Amara_B Senior Member
Amara_B
Amara_B

Posted: 04 February 2012 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arwen.

My hobby of reading novels started way back in 3rd or 4th class when I started raiding my cousin's library ... Of all the Famous Fives I read, most were borrowed from her and the rest i bought ... And when i grew up and got started on Nancy Drews and Hardy Boys.. the starting point was again the same cousin before i moved on to my school library LOL (btw .. from school library..we were only allowed to borrow one day a week... but because of me my friends also started reading these same novles so we would raid the library every DAY!!! .. i think we were the only bunch of 6th graders who had to be issued new library cards because the old ones were full LOL)
Point is... I can't say no if someone wants to borrow a book because well that's how i got started LOLLOLLOL

So yeh .. i don't mind it if someone wants to borrow a book from me because i do the same .. Lending my books to my best friends made them Harry Potter addicts ... another became a Lord of the Rings fan because i lent her my copy ... And oh.. i got started on Georgette Heyer because my friend lent me her copy of Regency Buck so there you go LOLLOLLOL

Have to say though ... free downloads of ebooks has made my life extremely easy LOL its not all that difficult to borrow and lend .. my IF friends and I exchange M&Bs and Harlequins and Silhouettes by the dozen now LOLLOLLOL

May I just say you have an excellent taste in booksBig smile lol.

Arwen11 IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen11
Arwen11

Posted: 04 February 2012 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Amara_B

Originally posted by Arwen.

My hobby of reading novels started way back in 3rd or 4th class when I started raiding my cousin's library ... Of all the Famous Fives I read, most were borrowed from her and the rest i bought ... And when i grew up and got started on Nancy Drews and Hardy Boys.. the starting point was again the same cousin before i moved on to my school library LOL (btw .. from school library..we were only allowed to borrow one day a week... but because of me my friends also started reading these same novles so we would raid the library every DAY!!! .. i think we were the only bunch of 6th graders who had to be issued new library cards because the old ones were full LOL)
Point is... I can't say no if someone wants to borrow a book because well that's how i got started LOLLOLLOL

So yeh .. i don't mind it if someone wants to borrow a book from me because i do the same .. Lending my books to my best friends made them Harry Potter addicts ... another became a Lord of the Rings fan because i lent her my copy ... And oh.. i got started on Georgette Heyer because my friend lent me her copy of Regency Buck so there you go LOLLOLLOL

Have to say though ... free downloads of ebooks has made my life extremely easy LOL its not all that difficult to borrow and lend .. my IF friends and I exchange M&Bs and Harlequins and Silhouettes by the dozen now LOLLOLLOL

May I just say you have an excellent taste in booksBig smile lol.

LOLLOLLOL Thanks ...

I hardly ever come across Heyer fans Big smile Niiiceee Big smile
ElusiveDevotion IF-Dazzler
ElusiveDevotion
ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
Hahhahahah...totally agree with what you've said. I don't give my books to anyone for borrowing. Well, I've even had the experience of giving like 4/5 Nancy Drew books to someone only to hear that she lost them. After that, I'm not gonna lend any of my precious books to anyone. Stern SmileLOL
GalwayGirl Senior Member
GalwayGirl
GalwayGirl

Posted: 31 March 2012 at 7:28am | IP Logged
No Way!  i don't find it comfortable giving my collection for others to borrow!
I'll be waiting as per when wil the person return it!!  
AirForceBlue Newbie
AirForceBlue
AirForceBlue

Posted: 19 April 2012 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
I've 1---  The Complete Short Stories of De Maupassant 
its a good read ; but heavy stuff LOL
..nisaluvrk.. Goldie
..nisaluvrk..
..nisaluvrk..

Posted: 20 April 2012 at 12:17am | IP Logged

i dont mind sharing my collection wid others...but there r specifications...i only giv to dem who themselves like to read buks n know how to keep a buk...n i always tell dem to plz keep it safe n plz return me back once u read...no need to give it to others...!!!!!!

m too very possesive bout my collection...

recently my frn lost a buk she gv to some1 so after dis m taking xtra caring...i cant bear to lose a buk certainly...Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beautifulnature

Beautifulnature Newbie
Beautifulnature
Beautifulnature

Posted: 20 April 2012 at 9:15am | IP Logged

Wilde's Lord Arthur Savile's Crime and other Stories

Edited by Beautifulnature - 20 April 2012 at 9:15am
Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 21 April 2012 at 6:50am | IP Logged
My father used to steal books when he was young, he even has a collection of all those stolen books...so, I dont really trust people outside Tongue  Plus, it's my dad who told me not to lend my books to anyone because, there can be people like him out there. :P

And nextly, I'm quite possessive about them too.. There are some people like good friends/relatives who I can trust, but..I just feel like my books are safe with me! Stern Smile I dont feel like giving my books to anyone and have to make up some silly excuses everytime someone comes to me :(

Howver, I have a friend..one of my closest friend who is into the habit of reading, and I lend her my books :):) ..and she can maintain and take care of the book.

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 21 April 2012 at 6:51am

Go to top