Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

What a mature way to deal with it!

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
In the history of Indian Television i think for the first time ever there was a scene that was so genuine and heartfelt between a lead character who was in love with the other lead ending a relationship with a so called side character in such a respectable and appreciative manner..

The road till now was paved with empty hopes and building of sand castles high up in the sky..but today when they came tumbling down and sand was going to splash all over they dealt with it in such a manner that i simply have appreciation left for it!

Initial trigger happening where he makes the age old follies of forgetting the date of the engagement and mixing up her name, she runs away afraid to face the demons, not sure whether to deal with them or not..and he realizes in that moment that how much he had wronged the girl by leading her on and messed up her life as well as his own..with this conviction taking hold of him mind he wastes no more time to take the decision to correct the wrongs before the list got too long and it got too long to rectify the wrongs in to rights..
he walks straight away to her room and she is shattered, doesn't want to believe that what she has felt all this time, lurking around the edge of her happy charade is finally taking over all the brightness and the day has comes to face all of it and make decision..life altering decision..she is in denial...she is afraid and tries to procrastinate the inevitable..talks too fast..too much..trying to talk so much so that she doesn't have time to think..doesn't want to think..cz her heart is breaking..

she knows before he opens his mouth what will happen..and he stumbles on his words..how can one say after all this time 'Look I'm sorry i think i made a mistake and until now i didn't realize it'?
And then the sensible girl who is hidden somewhere in that ditzy girl we always see comes out and tries to ease it for him n final acceptance with her defeat  happens 'No..you don't have to ' he is guilty..he wasnts to explain..explain that he didn't want this to happen..he didn't know this will happen..he wants to do something to make it better..but...what more is left now? that was the emotions that flowed between Arnav & La at that moment..

But even is she wants to give him an easy out by repeatedly telling he doesn't need to spell it out to her..he feels this is the least he could do..give her the respect of a proper apology..and for the first time he holds her face tenderly and looks straight in her eyes, which said now i'm ready to own up to my responsibility..and he says 'Lavanya tum jo mere liye feel karthi hu, shyad mein woh tumhare liye feel nahi karta..aur shyad kabhi kiya bhi nahi ' and he owns up to his follies 'aur ab aur jhoot nahi bol sakta..in fact ab jhoot bol kar tumhe aur insult nahi kar sakta..mere liye nahi..tumhare kathir...' he falters in his words 'i mean...hum dono..Lavanya tum aur mein..shaya ye..' n she interrupts and says she felt it in her heart..that she saw the signs from earlier on and yet she decided to overlook them even though minute by minute they were heaping up..she conceded to end it by telling 'kahi na kahi mujhe dhar tha ki hamari is rishte ka yehi end hoga..u know..' and she no longer could continue looking at his face..so she turns away to wipe her tears..and proceeds to say 'without a name' and after a second with guilt filled eyes no longer proud..he turns around his head bowed..his eyes downcast...he agonizes for having put her through..
she continues telling may be i already knew it..i was lying to myself that everything was ok..i wasso used to the lies that i myself actually ended up believing in those lies...n he is burning in his guilt.. he closes his eyes in dispare and self loathing and exhales...

and finally she makes this one final request..'I know ASR tumhe yeh sab pasand nahi..but aaj akri baar..ek baar..sirf ek baar..kya tum mujhe hug kar sakte hu?' it was a way of saying the final good bye..closing the chapter of their relationship permanently...she asks for a small token as a reminder she can take away with her..a small moment she will be able to look back and cherish knowing it was given to her..

and for the first time they connect...understands and reads each other so well...she looks up at him with eyes filled with dispare, brimming with tears and he walks forward embraces her tightly trying to put all the words he wanted to say..all the times he wanted to say sorry,,,he puts in every emotion he wanted to convey..how sorry he was and how much he wants her to forgive him..they were all encompassed in that tight hugs..cz for the first time it was him holding on to her tightly..and finally he moves away..still holding her shoulders..and once again apologizes..

and then she says that monologue about 'some questions don't have answers..like how i realized something was not right when u asked for the quick engagement..and how u realized that u don't love me as i do..' and he places his hand on her shoulder and humbly asks 'Are u ok?'...this line clearly said it was done and over with...the decision was made...direction of their lives were set..and now all that was left was to deal with the aftermath...

he talks about telling this to his family..that they should be together when they reveal this fact to them..he is dealing with this in a respectable manner..but she bowls him over by showing a rare streak on wisdom and compassion and love towards his family by thinking even what he himself disregarded...

and he speaks with a voice that was full of tears, about to break a look of incredulity and appreciation in his eyes 'i can't believe this , tum mere familyke bare mein itna sochti hu..i really really respect u for this'
and she falters for a fraction of a second and her resolve cracks a bit and she mumbles 'u respect me..but love..' and she gathers herself together and in a flash she takes herself out of his arms and stands separately on her own indicating clearly that she will no longer be connected to him..not even by accident..wipes her tears and apologizes for her weakness for a second..and then goes on to let him go from all the obligations 'mein nahi chahthi hu tum kabhi bhi is baat ko lekar guilty feel karo.i mean.. ' and she once again turns away from him and resolutely wipes her tears and states the final decision 'toh phir ye decide hua ki hum kisiko kuch nahi batayengi'

what an tremendous scene and what a tremendous performance by barun & Sana...the final culmination of their relationship..
the way they dealt with it as two responsible mature adults..simply marvelous..i bow down to the script writers for making this exit so phenomenal...it set a level for other serials..that it doesn't need for the one who loses out in a love triangle to turn negative and go all weepy and send the other in a guilt trip..
there is a wonderful way to deal with such a situation..wish self respect and respect for each other and finally giving respect for the relationship they had until now.

sorry it turned out way longer..but i simply couldn't help writing this...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IronyDied thumbnail
that was an amazing post! ðŸ˜³ agree with you 100%.. i loved the way she was sayin "no ASR".. wanted to lie like always! ðŸ˜† she stole the show today! and ASR! thats what was expecting from him that at least he realized that he doesnt love la and told her clearly! ðŸ˜Š
smitar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Lovely post! U have taken us through the entire scene, & read the characters with such empathy!
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
loved ur post.. exactly my take too.. it was break up dat was so b'fully handled and I got so emotional while seeing ASR-La scene dat I didnt even missed Arhi in today's episode... amazing acting by barun and Sana.. loved dem hopefully now la realises arnav's feelings towards khushi and try to bring them together... as a true friend..
princessunara thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mahamluvsght

so true sunara

haan di..it was so beautiful today,.
princessunara thumbnail
Originally posted by: vampire_girl

that was an amazing post! ðŸ˜³ agree with you 100%.. i loved the way she was sayin "no ASR".. wanted to lie like always! ðŸ˜† she stole the show today! and ASR! thats what was expecting from him that at least he realized that he doesnt love la and told her clearly! ðŸ˜Š

thanks dear..
And truly! Sana stole the show today!! she shined through it..wrenching our hearts..bringing tears to our eyes...just beautiful..

princessunara thumbnail
Originally posted by: smitar

Lovely post! U have taken us through the entire scene, & read the characters with such empathy!

thank u very much..i have always adored La, despite her being a bit of an airhead..but today my heart went out to her..
someone is always left out to be the loser in a love triangle..it is the universal truth.that hear break..so vividly portrayed by this girl today that one couldn't help but connect with her anguish..

choti1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

If they could just show the same maturity level with Sanaya  - the outspoken girl with a back bone who is now potrayed so shattered as though she was in luv with the snake!

bidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Beautifully written. In fact, I liked reading your post better than seeing the episode itself.
princessunara thumbnail
Originally posted by: riti4u

loved ur post.. exactly my take too.. it was break up dat was so b'fully handled and I got so emotional while seeing ASR-La scene dat I didnt even missed Arhi in today's episode... amazing acting by barun and Sana.. loved dem hopefully now la realises arnav's feelings towards khushi and try to bring them together... as a true friend..

thank u:-)
n oh exactly!! for the first time i actually didn't miss not having a single Arnav-Khushi direct interaction scene!