eagerly w8in 4 da nxt part x 😊
arhi_maneet thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
AWESOME UPDATE! BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN
Bhavya8 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Great update!!
I can't like the post as my like button isn't working. But I really enjoyed the part. I think that Geet's announcement was hilarious, but how will Maan end the game?? Looking forward to update!! Thanks for pm!!!
Maaneet4eve thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Hi Guys... this is the my last update before I leave for Rajasthan... hope you like it...

CHAPTER 7:

So they were engaged now, were they??? He lifted his wine glass and studied her over the rim. Her impetuous announcement had not only sealed her fate, but would bring about an interesting- if inevitable- conclusion to her little game. Only one aspect of the entire situation surprised him- the conclusion he had in mind would occur far sooner that he had envisioned.

******************************************************************************************

He'd first become attracted to Geet during his weeks of research. All the bits and pieces of information he'd gathered had added up to a very intriguing whole. The more he'd learned, the more he'd anticipated their eventual meeting. And then he'd attended the Limelight reception. From the moment he had set eyes on Geet, he'd known their paths were destined to merge. They'd just hit that juncture months ahead of schedule.
     So much for meticulous planning.
     He'd always thought that he'd take his time weighing the pros and cons before taking another wife. After all, it was his nature to carefully analyse each move before acting. But with Geet... He buried his smiule into his wine glass. He'd simply known. Even with all the darkness shadowing his heart and soul, he'd still known. He'd taken one look at her and realised she was the only woman in the whole world who could return colour into his bleak world.
     " My goodness," Meera said unexpectedly, " You are not wearing an engagement ring geet. You did not lose it, did you??"
     Maan glanced at his adorable wife-to-be, curious to see how he'd handle this one. Not that he need have worried.
     " Oh, it did not fit," she said blithely. " Maan has to have it sized so that it does not fall off into my soup."
     " What a shame," Meera sympathisized. " I would have loved to have seen it. Is it a diamond??"
     Geet peeked over at maan, her eyes bright and shining with mischief. " It's nto a traditional sort of ring at all. it is very unusual."
     " For you my dear, it would have to be," Yash said lifting his wineglass in salute.
     " Don't keep us in suspense," another guest exclaimed. " Tell us how it looks like..."
     " It's a gold band fashioned into a dragon." Geet said with an odd little smile. " And the tail wraps around my finger all the way to the knuckle."
     " A dragon??? that's unusual." Meera commented. " I assume you collect them."
     " Oh, yes," geet's gaze fastened on Maan's. " It's a recent obsession. And this one is a particularly stunning piece of artwork. You see, he's clutching a heart shaped ruby in his claws, And the eyes!!! They are the finest pair of emeralds I have ever seen."
     " It sounds gorgeous," Meera turned impulsively to maan. " You'll have to get it sized as soon as possible so Geet can show it off the next time you come."
     " i'll do my best," he replied. " But I rather the jeweler not hurry. I would not want him to botch the job because he is in too much of a hurry."
     " oh, dear," Geet piped up. "In that case, maybe you should not bother having it sized. I would not want it ruined. I could just wear the ring as it is." She waggled the fingers of her left hand at him., laughter rippling in his voice. " Why don't I go ahead and try??"
     " That's what you said when I first gave you the ring," he retorted blandly. " You did not allow me a minute's peace until I gave in. Do I need to remind you what happened then???"
     Geet cupped her chin in her hand. " Oh, yes, please!!! tell me what happened."
     Yash burst out laughing. " You act like you don't know."
     She gave an abashed smile. " I just want Maan to have the opportunity to rub it in."
     Maan inclined his head. " Very kind of you, my love."
     " Well??? Go ahead and say it," she prompted.
     " Say what??? I told you so??"
     " it's only fair that I let him give me a hard time for it," she supplied for the benefit of their audience, " because the ring fell of just like he warned."
     " I have no intention of rubbing it in," he protested. " That would be far too cruel... and far too easy."
     She chuckled. " True enough. You are very good to me, I'm the first to admit. That's why I'll let you tell veryone what happened after that." She looked at him, her gaze full of anticipation, eagerly waiting to see where he'd take the story next.
     " We then spent a full hour searching my apartment because I had allowed sentiments to rule over common sense," he responded promptly.
     She wrinkled her nose at him. " I'll bet that doesn't happen often."
     " only around you," he assured her with complete sincerity. " if i had not thought to mve the headboard away from the wall, i doubt we'd ever have  found the damned ring."
     She smiled sweetly. " That's what you get for being creative. Next time don't ite me to the headboard and maybe I won't lose my ring behind the bed."
     "Mmm. We could have used the ceiling hook and the handcuffs but they pinch. My wrists are still sore from our last go-round."
     Geet dismissed his commnets with a wave of her hands. " That's just because you left them on too long. If you had not misplaced the key-"
     " I didn't misplace it!!!"
     " - it would not have been nearly so painful." She heaved an exaggerated sigh. " Not that I'd want to go through all that again. I don't know why you could not have called a locksmith instead of bothering the police with our little predicament."
     Maan struggled to look suitably contrite. " Sorry darling. My big toe could not manage more than 9-1-1."
     Meera stared  from one to the other, open-mouthed. Then she began to giggle. " Oh, you two!!! you are pulling our legs aren't you???"
     " Well, maybe a little," Maan conceded. " To be honest we don't use handcuffs."
     " Not anymore. they really do pinch," geet added irrepressibly.
     " Have you set a date yet???" Yash demanded once the laughter had died down.
     " Maan insists on next Thursday," Geet said, helping herself to another roll.
     Maan smiled in appreciation. Damn, she was quick. With one crazy conversation, sh'd painted a fantasy life he craved to turn to reality. " You said Thursday, darling," he corrected. " If you'll recall, I said Christmas."
     Her brows drew together and she paused in the middle of buttering her roll. " Not next Thursday??? I could have sworn you said Thursday."
     " Christmas is a Thursday. That's why we decided it would be more romantic if we waited till then. That way we could have our first baby by Halloween."
     To his utter satisfaction, she choked on her roll.
     He gave her a look of exaggerated concern. " You did say that you wanted to start a family right away, didn't you??" To the table at large, he announced," She'd like an even half dozen."
     "Two," she hastened to correct.
     " We'll compromise. Four."
     Geet's mouth curved upwards and her hazel eyes gathred in the light, reflecting bits of sunny gold and rich brown and misty grey. " I give up. Four it is. But atleast two of them has to be girls."
     " Never fear. We'll just keep at it until you have your two girls."He offered a slow, teasing smile. " Even if it takes a dozen boys to get them."
     Her laughter rang out, irresistible and throughly charming. " All right, all right. I give up. I'll take the first four I am given. Just so long as they are happy and healthy, I don't care."
     A fierce sense of possisiveness took hold, one Maan could not control- one he had no desire to control. He saw an image of geet, large with his child, saw little girls with mops of blonde-streaked curls and boys with brigh hazel eyes. And though he waited, knowing the bitter consequences of chasing such an impossible dream, the darkness did not come. With that one simple laugh, she banished the shadows, holding the rerrible nightmares temporarilly at bay.
     There was no longer any question.
     She was meant to be his.

So this is the last update of this month... will update again as i come back... Hope you like it... please ignore my mistakes and please do comment!!!!😊

LOVE SULOGNA
maan_geet1 thumbnail
Sorry like button not working
love2_soma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
lovely update...
waiting to knw more wht dey will do...d geet's description of d ring is awesome...i loved it...
thank u fr d pm n d lovely update...
sorry like button is not responding...

tamanna1391 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
sorry my like button is not working good update
Remya_Pillai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
loved the part...
oh god!hw much dey dragged the story yaar..
dese 2 r impossible..
seemamary thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome update, loved it. Hope maan's dreams comes to true and he marries geet soon and starts a family.
arhi_maneet thumbnail
LOVELY UPDATE ! WAITING FOR NEXT PART!! WELL WRITTEN !!