waiting for the next update

simi91 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
amazing both updates 
MaanKiGeet.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
awesome update n merry christmas dear...
-Zahra15- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
awesome updates...
geet is a painter...and does not really live with her family...
and then maan...already so protective...hehe...
loved it...n the way he asked her for dinner...awesome...
continue soon n thnxxx for the pm...
--Ratna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sulogna   🤗... ...Awesome update...thank u for the PM'...loved it...plz continue...sorry for the short comment 😳...crazy busy with family and work 😕...plz forgive me...love u ...TC  😊

Maaneet4eve thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Hi guys!!! this is the next update for this ff... hope you all like it and please encourage me with you likes and comments... they make my day...

CHAPTER 4:

" So where are we going?" Geet asked as they walked out of the front door.
     " To the home of an acquaintance." Maan hesitated on the doorsteps. " it's not far from here, but you might want to bring a coat."
     She shook her head, not in the least concerned. It was not her coat she would miss, but her satchel of paints. She rarely went anywhere without them, though it looked like tonight he would have to make an exception. " I'd have to go back to my place to get my coat and I don't feel like taking the time," she said. Nor did she feel like running the risk of being bushwhacked by Limelighters.
     " Your place? You dont live...??" He indicated the house behind them with a jerk of her head.
     " No. I live in a little cottage at the far end of the property right on the lake. It used to be a garage. Then it was the caretaker's quaters." Satisfaction edged her voice. " Now it's mine."
     " No purse. No coat." A hint of a frown touched his brow. " I didn't mean to rush you. I can wait while you get them."
     " My sweater is wool, so I should be warm enough. I'll ask if I need anything else." She dismissed the mundane subject with an easy shrug and turned to one of far greater importance. " So don't keep me in suspense. Who are these friends?? Where do they live??"
     He slanted her an amused glance as they followed a sidewalk that wove an erratic path to the driveway. " You mean what they are serving for dinner?"
     She grinned unabashed. " Did you hear my stomach grumbling?? I'm starving!!! I can't remember what i last ate." She tilted her head to one side, considering. " Not only don't I remember when, i don't even remember what the meal consisted of..."
     " The when, I suspect was, Mr. Handa's reception last night. As to the what... You had half a dozen shrimps, crab dip and crackers, cheese and a handful of those little round green things. I won't mention the relish tray you nabbed your way out."
     She stared in ashtonishment. " How in the world do you know all that?"
     " I am observant."
     " Now that's an understatement!!!" she muttered. He'd been watching her!!! While she'd been watching her relatives watch him, he'd been... Her sense of ridiculous caught up with her and she gave a light laugh. " I guess it would have been more socially appropriate to nibble." Her voice turned wistful. " But I was awfully hungry."
     " Don't they feed you?"
     " I am supposed to be able to feed myself."
     " But you get preoccupied and forget."It wasn't a question.
     " How did you-" She held up her hands. " Never mind. I don't want to know. Some questions are best left unanswered, and I suppose that this is one of them."
     " It's no great mystery.I put together a few facts based on observation and came up with-"
     " An inspired guess?"
     " An educated supposition," he corrected gently. " I don't guess."
     " That's what Rajji said," Geet admitted. " But I thought maybe she was exaggerating."
     " Not in this case."
     " Oh. Well. Never mind. i won't hold that against you." She smiled brightly. " About tonight..."
     He took both her comment and the change of subject in stride." I never did answer you questions, did I? You wanted to know about my friends. I have been invited to a small dinner party and hoped you would accompany me."
     " I see." Understanding dawned, taking the edge off her enthusiasm. " You need a date."
     He stopped in the middle of the walkway and removed his coat. " i don't need a date." he informed her, draping the heavy black wool about her shoulders. He gathered the edges of the collar beneath her chin and waited until her gaze flickered reluctantly upwards to meet his. " I invited you because i wanted to."
     She was instantly captivated by his translucent green eyes. They were like flaming ice, came the bewildered realization, possessing the uncanny ability to freeze and scorch at the same time. She'd never seen anything like it before. " Why?" she could not help asking, snuggling into the folds of his jacket. It was deliciously soft, enfolding her in unrelenting masculine warmth. " Why did you invite me?"
     " Because you are different from the rest of your family and that difference intrigues me." He released her with notable reluctance and gestured towards the black Jaguar parked at the top of the circular driveway. It was crouched beneath the protective embrace of an immense oak, looking sleek, fast and decidedly lethal. " Will you come with me?"
     The words were innocuous enough. And yet she felt the dragon in him stirring, awaking before her very eyes. The change captivated her, her curiosity becoming an irresistible impetus. She could either enter the predator's domain or run to the safety of her snug little cottage. The choice was hers...
     There is no point in pretending which she will select. " Okay." He smiled at her response- a smile of genuine pleasure- and Geet had the distinct feeling that he did not allow himself that particular luxury too often. " i'll come."
     " I am glad," he replied.
     His Jag gave a little chirp of welcome as he deactivated the alarm system and she halted beside the car shaking her head. " I should have known. I really should have."
     He lifted his brow. " Excuse me?"
     " I just realized. Your car. Your clothes. Everrythng's black."
     He opened the passenger door. " It's a comfortable colour for me."
     Interesting. It would appear that this particular dragon preferred life in the shadows rather than basking in the sunshine. For some reason, this knowledge saddened her. " I'll have to see what i can do about that." she informed him as she lowered herself into the low slung seat.
     " Don't bother. i am satisfied with my life as it is."
     Shutting the door to punctuate his comment, he circled the car and climbed in. With a quick flick of his wrist, he turned the key in the ignition. The Jag woke with a throaty roar, before relaxing into a steady purr. Geet studies Maan in silence as the zipped down the driveway. he maneuvered the car with exquisite precision, every movement graceful and specific and economical. As usual, Rajji's assessment of the man had been right on target. He was a creature whose world consisted of only black and white, who saw world in an uncompromising terms of absolutes.
     Up or down. Left or right. Yes or no. No exception to the rule.
     " What are you thinking?" he asked unexpectedly.
     Geet decided to give him an honest if blunt response. " I am thinking I am glad I am me. I like my world to have colours in it."
     She'd caught him off guard. " You think because I prefer black that my world lacks colour?" he asked after a moment's consideration.
     " Yes." She touched his arm, surprised when the muscles bunched beneath her fingers. " Oh, its not just for the fact that you like black. Black is an excellent colour. I'm quite fond of it myself." Especially for unruly dragons, she added the silent addendum.
     " I am relieved to hear it."
     " But I am afraid it suggests a certain rigidness of character."
     " Rigid." His eyes narrowed and she wondered if she had been too blunt. " And you prefer someone who's more... What?"
     " Someone who's more spontaneous." she readily admitted.
     " Inviting you out for dinner was not spontaneous enough for you?" he asked dryly.
     " Ah, but was it? A spur-of-the-moment decision, i mean."
     His frown deepened. " It was last night when I thought of it."
     She regarded him with surprise. " You decided to invite me out then?"
     " Yes!!!"

PRECAP:  " WE JUST GOT ENGAGED TODAY!!!"

Hi!!! SORRY GUYS... HAVE TO GO NOW... WILL UPDATE THE REST LATER AND THEN PM THE PARTS...

LOVE SULOGNA.
Edited by Maaneet4eve - 12 years ago