Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Guys question on the TRP issue!

GayuArnav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
I heard that TRPs are based on how many people are watching the show at 8pm. Is that right? And will the trps increase if we watch star plus online? Cause i watch the serial on star plus live! Please just wanna know about it. After all its IPKKND ka izzat ke sawal hai! Edited by GayuArnav - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yes, it's true. Maybe you should watch it more on tv 
No, trp depends on many things-fan following, buzz, popularity, the no. of people watching a show on that time slot more than any other show,etc.
this is nt only determined by tv bt also on other sites, like indiaforums, youtube,etc... n ya also net.
But try to watch it on tv the most-dats d foundation of trp ratings...sbs rates on dat basis n therefore ipkknd hs gone aback😭😭
Edited by luvipkknd - 12 years ago
GayuArnav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: DiehardBarunFan

No no ..trps of a show is the television ratings.As in the no.of viewers of that show on that channel.So you have to watch it on TV and only people living in India can contribute to the TRPs,It has nothing do with online fan following or IF.Otherwise IPK would ahve been the no.1 show not SNS 😆

Oh thanks for the info guys! ðŸ˜Š I hope IPKKND tops the TRP chart soon! 
Edited by GayuArnav - 12 years ago
JennyAvni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i think only the TV ka ratings are taken...i watch online coz in US it airs very late and i cant wait for tht long but i make it a point to watch on TV in the night...
JennyAvni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: JennyAvni

i think only the TV ka ratings are taken...i watch online coz in US it airs very late and i cant wait for tht long but i make it a point to watch on TV in the night...

Oh is it...i thought even if we watch it on TV here in US it counts as TRP's...
Oh gosh...there are many fans outside india...if even they can count them the TRP's wil reach a much higher position...wish they count others too who watch on TV outside india...
CDlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
only the viewers watching through a TV will be counted for TRPs.
Thers are slight differences in TRPs, Tvrs and GEC ratings because each parameter has different ways of meassuring it. the Tam peoplemeater system is used in all the catogories.
But it all comes to , you have to watch it on your TV.
And only the viewers in India contribute to it. So people living in India, please try to watch it from your Television set and not through online! 😉
surenkal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: DiehardBarunFan

No no ..trps of a show is the television ratings.As in the no.of viewers of that show on that channel.So you have to watch it on TV and only people living in India can contribute to the TRPs,It has nothing do with online fan following or IF.Otherwise IPK would ahve been the no.1 show not SNS 😆

TRP stands for Television rating points. It is a survey like situation carried out by independant agencies. TRP's for only the 8pm slot which is IPKKND slot count.. so if u see it at 11.30pm it does not add to trp pool. also, only people living in India are counted in this
luv_arhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
c i don understand hw dis is being done
i mean hw can they know whether v r watching it or not?
shudnt they b taking the no. of comments and hw active this forum is  etc...
i mean dont they understand there r so many ppl hu watch online and B4 8:30???
pls let me know if u hv any clue  hw they cum 2 know whether the  T.V. is kept on during that tym!!!!
AMS