Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

A to Z...Everything under the Sun;unplugged (Page 61)

-Raindrops- IF-Rockerz
-Raindrops-
-Raindrops-

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 4:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by heerhoney

i watched SPA barun was awkwardly nervous karan tacker was a good anchor loved him also loved the full ek hazaron main meri behena hain team kudos to all 4 of them Embarrassed

Shockedeveryone's praising BS but u the first one to say so!LOL

-Raindrops- IF-Rockerz
-Raindrops-
-Raindrops-

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 5:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DulceAmor

Hello, anyone remember me? LOL

Sorry I have been MIA. I guess I am gonna be a lot more in the future. Work experience has ended but now the real work begins. I am doing double shifts. I was on this morning and this is my break and then I will be working till 10.30 tonight. I am so utterly exhausted. Work experience was good though. I learned a lot and it's amazing how much more there is to publishing than I thought there was. I got to read a lot of manuscripts, which was quite depressing in a way because most of them were good writers but we were encouraged to say no to them because they only print about 30 books a year. It made me think that I have less chance of ever getting published because I am no better than many of those manuscripts I read. So, yeah, that was depressing, but overall it was good. I got to do marketing plans, draft blurbs and proofread. I might be getting an informal internship with the editor too. Someone she knows wrote a fantasy novel and she asked me if I'd like to help her edit it. Big smile
As for the waitressing - it's kind of a mixed bag. The bar side is fun and I feel I can manage it just fine. But the restaurant side...it's awful. The plates are so heavy and boiling hot and I burnt my thumb last night. I nearly spilled the sauce on a customer and I am so nervous handling the wine glasses. They want me to carry three plates at a time, balancing one on my arm, but I can't do it because of the weakness in my hands. Last night was horrible and I felt truly deflated when I came home. I am hoping I can stick it out over the summer until my course starts and then find something part time in a shop. If I get to work on the bar side mostly then I know I can manage. Tonight is going to be awful again. There is a party of 16 coming in, but at the same time there are 5 more tables booked - a party of 6, a party of 5, a party of 3 and two tables of 2. They are all due to come in at the same time. It's going to be crazy trying to serve them all at once. Needless to say I am really apprehensive about it. Luckily I have a day off tomorrow. I am gonna need it after these last two weeks!

Oh Anu your job seems really toughOuch. i hope you are doing fine nowHug

and don't give up hope. u write so well. i am sure your work will get published even if it takes some timeEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DulceAmor

-Raindrops- IF-Rockerz
-Raindrops-
-Raindrops-

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 5:04am | IP Logged
Oh and did u watch Hunger Games?

DulceAmor

.SilentPrincess IF-Rockerz
.SilentPrincess
.SilentPrincess

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 5:14am | IP Logged
I love bellybuttons!
DulceAmor IF-Rockerz
DulceAmor
DulceAmor

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 8:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sayonii

Anu did u watch Sherlock? i just started watching it and am totally in love the showDay Dreaming. lets just say i am Sherlock-edDay DreamingDay DreamingLOL. plus i have completed season 1 of The Big Bang Theory.. it's hilarious and i heart Sheldon CooperLOL

OMG did you watch it ol or are they showing it in india? Yesss, I most certainly did watch it. My mum is totally obsessed with it. LOL  It is really good though. At first when I heard they were making a modern version I was dubious, but they've done it so cleverly. Benedict Cumberbatch is basically the only one I can imagine as Sherlock now, like even when I read the actual stories his face pops into my head. Season 2 is awesome - my fav was The Hound of the Baskervilles epi. They did such a clever spin on it.
I've never seen TBBT but I've heard a lot of good things about it. Sheldon is the tall one with the brown hair, right?

-Raindrops-

DulceAmor IF-Rockerz
DulceAmor
DulceAmor

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 8:18am | IP Logged

Oh and did u watch Hunger Games?

OMG yesss!!!!!! And now I am OBSESSED!!! Hence my icon and my sig box all full of everlark. EmbarrassedLOL  I went to see it the day after it came out and it was amazing! I'd finished the first two books by then so I had a good knowledge of the story but the film was just so much more. The sets were so lavish and really impressive and all the actors were great. Jennifer Lawrence made Katniss her own and I loved Woody Harrleson as Haymitch (he's Katniss' mentor and the only victor District 12 ever had in the Games). It was so good I really wanna go see it again. I finished all the books too. Mockingjay, the last one, is so sad. It broke my heart. I would definitely recommend reading them. They are quite addictive. I am currently in love with Peeta Mellark. Day Dreaming 

-Raindrops-

DulceAmor IF-Rockerz
DulceAmor
DulceAmor

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 8:22am | IP Logged

Oh Anu your job seems really toughOuch. i hope you are doing fine nowHug

and don't give up hope. u write so well. i am sure your work will get published even if it takes some timeEmbarrassed

I'm so touched that you have that much faith in me. Hug  I hope you're right and you know if I ever do get published a signed copy is reserved for each of you. If I make it you guys and your support will be a big part of it.

Ahh, it wasn't so bad...I got to do the bar to begin with, then I was shunted through to the dining room, but I managed to stay out the way by cleaning and setting up the tables again. I've been lucky enough to have the last 4 days off, so I've been trying to catch up with my writing. But sadly I am doing breakfasts on Sunday, which means getting up at 5 am. Ouch  Thank God I'm getting paid to do it! LOL

-Raindrops-

-Raindrops- IF-Rockerz
-Raindrops-
-Raindrops-

Posted: 06 April 2012 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DulceAmor

Anu did u watch Sherlock? i just started watching it and am totally in love the showDay Dreaming. lets just say i am Sherlock-edDay DreamingDay DreamingLOL. plus i have completed season 1 of The Big Bang Theory.. it's hilarious and i heart Sheldon CooperLOL

OMG did you watch it ol or are they showing it in india? Yesss, I most certainly did watch it. My mum is totally obsessed with it. LOL  It is really good though. At first when I heard they were making a modern version I was dubious, but they've done it so cleverly. Benedict Cumberbatch is basically the only one I can imagine as Sherlock now, like even when I read the actual stories his face pops into my head. Season 2 is awesome - my fav was The Hound of the Baskervilles epi. They did such a clever spin on it.
I've never seen TBBT but I've heard a lot of good things about it. Sheldon is the tall one with the brown hair, right?

no, a friend of mine downloaded all the epis and i took them from herBig smile. yeah at first i was a little skeptical about BC playing Sherlock but now, he just fits the role to the T. the way he talks, walks, thinks...is so natural that it seems he is born to play Sherlock Day Dreaming. i have watched till the Scandal of BelgraviaEmbarrassed. i love the series. it's so gripping yet there are some good light moments tooEmbarrassed.

yes that tall guy is Sheldon with an IQ of 187Wacko

DulceAmor

Go to top