Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Devanshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Beautifully written...it is indeed a perfect chapter!!!!
suadvani thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Wow.. This last chapter was amazing.. So perfect.. I loved it!!!
1sarun thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Nmyra

Perfectly Imperfect

Authors Note: Thank you all for the wonderful comments and likes ' PM's will be sent to those who buddy me, I'm sorry but I don't know any other way, and comments are what keep this fic going so do take a minute to comment if you like it.

As you all know by now this is a song based ficlet and the song for this chapter is '

I'll Be by  Edwin McCain

Enjoy!!

Chapter - Fifteen

- Almost Heaven -

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath.
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky
Never revealing their depth.

Sometimes people had the perfect fairytale. Where people fell in love and they had everything just fall in place for them.

So perfect.

So simple.

But sometimes, it was much more complicated.

Once again, Khushi, stared wide eyed into the moonlight flooded room, as she lay spooned in her husband's arms, after many an explanation, and hours of reassurance.

She still worried, was still haunted, but she stood stronger now, and she knew that she couldn't run anymore. More importantly she wouldn't.

She closed her eyes and fit herself deeper into his embrace, letting his image fill her mind, till she could almost trace his smile, and could stare for hours into the steely-brown eyes she'd drowned in so many times.

Their memories flooded together in her mind.

Their imperfections tracing their own lines of doubt in her.

Tell me that we belong together,
Dress it up with the trappings of love.

But that is all they would do.

That is all she would let them do. She refused to let them control her anymore. Or ever again.

Maybe she wasn't as mature as Arnav was, and maybe they had their flaws as a couple, but she was done with running. She used to tell him he hid his heart away, but the truth was, she was guilty of the same. She only stayed as long as she believed she wouldn't be unloved...or worse a disappointment.

But the second it became a 'risk' in her eyes, she left, she robbed him of his choice, maybe she hadn't wanted him to suffer, but in one corner of her mind it had also been that she was scared of rejection.

I'll be captivated,
I'll hang from your lips,
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above.

They weren't a fairytale couple.

The never would be.

They were both too stubborn for that.

He was Arnav Singh Raizada, he didn't pander to damsel's in distress or slay fire-breathing dragons.

He created kingdoms, and paid the dragons off.

He was no prince among princes.

No knight in shining armor.

He was callous and brutal.

He was sweet and thoughtful.

He was hers.

Just as much as she was irrevocably his, with or without him.

Maybe he was a little too hot-headed at times, maybe even a little gruff ' but that was how he was made.

And that was the way she loved him.

Yes, princes of fantasy were not his peers.

But that was only because Arnav Singh Raizada had no peers.

I'll be your crying shoulder,
I'll be love's suicide
I'll be better when I'm older,
I'll be the greatest fan of your life.

She turned around softly in his arms, in a way, watching him breathe evenly, his eyes closed; it felt like she had finally come full circle.

They had spoke for hours last night.

They'd made love for hours.

He'd lingered on every inch of skin, just as he'd explained away every mental bruise.

And for once she had the luxury of listening.

Of not being the one giving a hasty explanation so that no one else floundered in insecurity.

Of not holding back questions that had begun to leave scars.

For the first time she felt like more than charity, or revenge or sympathy.

For the first time she was not defined by what she needed to be for others.

For once she felt loved ' equally just as much as everyone else...and for the first time just a little bit more than that.

And rain falls angry on the tin roof
As we lie awake in my bed.
You're my survival, you're my living proof.
My love is alive and not dead.

She'd been tracing the outline of his face for quite some time now. But seeing how he'd practically worn her out mere hours ago, he figured feigning sleep was the only thing that would stop him from reaching out for her again.

Then again, he thought, as her finger which had been tracing incomprehensible circles now made its way down his lower torso, maybe he hadn't quite worn her out after all.

He opened his eyes and peered drowsily down at his wife's button nose, and serious eyes.

"Can't sleep?" he murmured.

She looked up at him guiltily, like a child caught with their hand in the cookie jar, "I can barely keep my eyes open." She confessed shyly.

Brows knitting together, Arnav shifted so that he could hold her closer to him, "Why won't you sleep?"

But much to his surprise his beautiful miracle of a wife, instead of answering, burrowed her face into the nook of his shoulder, and shook her head.

Amused, he spent the next few hours cajoling her, with words, with touches, with looks. But she remained impassive, her stubbornness shining through in spades. Until with the softest of kisses pressed discreetly to her forehead he told her, "Fine, don't tell me. Make me fall in love with you till you're all I can think about '.and leave me to worry." he teased gently, tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear, and only then catching the devastated look on her face.

As if she was heartbroken.

And as if he'd broken it.

But before he was able to say a single word she leaned up an kissed him not passionately or even lovingly but  ..thankfully...

Tell me that we belong together.
Dress it up with the trappings of love.
I'll be captivated,
I'll hang from your lips,
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

But while it may have begun as such a mild gentle caress, as was inevitable whenever they touched each other they went up in flames.

It was only much later as she lay sated in his arms, that she resumed her soft tracing and answered his questioning eyes with words which in her mind only she would ever truly understand ' "Thank you for loving me so perfectly. For not loving me less than anyone else."

And I've dropped out, I've burned up, I've fought my way back from the dead.
I've tuned in, turned on, remembered the things that you said

She still didn't get it he realized, disappointment vying with what he could see was her actual pain, as he watched her struggle to hold back tears.

She still didn't understand.

But then again he told himself silently, when she had ever been given the opportunity to think differently.

She had always come second to people.

Second to Payal in her mother's biased eyes.

Second to a man she never even knew in her birth-mother's adulterous eyes.

Second to death in her fathers.

This was why she acted like this.

She thought even perfect, even without flaws she would only ever be a distant second, and that she would come first, to anyone, ever'simply never occurred to her.

I'll be love's suicide
I'll be the greatest fan of your...
I'll be love's suicide
I'll be the greatest fan of your life.

He realized, in that one moment that she had never heard anyone tell her how important she was to them, and somehow had learned to accept that she wasn't.

Which was why in that moment Arnav Singh Raizada, a man known for more apathy than the God's themselves, cuddled his wife closer still into his embrace, before telling her in words he had struggled to find ...

"I am a better man because of you. Hell, I'm a better man with you, only with you; than I ever was with anyone else...no one has ever mattered enough for me to even try to be better. Except for you. "

His eyes held hers, as silent tears poured out o the corners of hers as he implored her to understand.

Gruffly, as if tears choked him too, he continued, "I know you deserve better than me darling, I know you deserve someone kinder, and less ...well... me...but I won't let you go you know. You are mine. And I'll be everything you want me to be."

Softly, so softly he barley heard her in all of this outpouring of sentiment, she answered him. "You are all I ever wanted."Only to be taken aback by his sudden wolfish grin.

"I know." He retorted smugly, his eyes lighting up as his wife let out a peal of startled laughter.

"Of course you do...Is there anything Arnav Singh Raizada doesn't know?" she asked mock-seriously

"Why his wife didn't know how much he loved her." He replied, not missing a beat, his eyes still latched on hers.

But Khushi it seemed was done playing this game for today, sweeping her heavy locks off her shoulder she, cupped her husband's face into her hands as she answered, "She knows now."

The greatest fan of your life.
...greatest fan of your life.

::Author's Note::

I spent hours perfecting this chappie'I wanted it to be perfect'and I know it probably isn't but it's as close as I could get to it'One thing I wanted to say was a huge thank-you to all of you for the immense support you've shown me with P.I. the closer I come to the end the more I feel like I'm losing all of you'

-sad face-

Read and review...and leave hugs...and in answer to one of my earlier reviews...😳 i do still accept Gucci and Chocolate bribes.

Running out on an errad PM's will go out once i get home

Edit

PM's are OUT...and where are my bribes???

-Also i'm sorry to say, no comment s no new buddy requests it's just i send out so many and no one bothers to give feedback...it's very disheartening
-

Target Page is 75😳

1sarun thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Just PERFECT! Wonderfully written. I just hope the CV's incorporate Arnav's emotions and conversation into the show excluding Khushi not able to have children. You're very good in putting words on paper. Thanks a bunch for giving this gem of a story. I truely wish to see these emotions and conversations between arhi in the show.
littlemoi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Aaah!!!!!!! LOVE THE WAY YOU WRITE!!
This chapter was so serene and beautiful and perfect and simply amazing!!!!! I LOVED IT!!
Thank you so much for the pm!!
Please continue soon!!
zafi thumbnail
Beautiful update.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘β­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈ
Loved it. I loved the fact that Arnav realised that no one has ever told Khushi that she was their first priority. And also loved it when he told her that she was his number 1 priority. That was Awesome. Continue soon. Thanks.πŸ˜ƒ
AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Awww! So beautiful! Love how he reassures her...continue soon! :)
jenshad thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Beautiful Confrontation :) πŸ˜
Glimmer thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
it was the mosttt BEAUTIFUL update !!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was just perfect !!!!!!!!
loved each and every line of the update !!!!!!!
and love what arnav says at the end !!!!!!!!!!!
cant wait to read more !!!!!!
thnx for the pm !!!!!!! update soon !!!!!!

sweetdesire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
AMAZING UPDATE
Loved it like anything
Written so beautifully
Finally they both are together
Thanks for the PM
Take care

Lots of Love
Geet