Fan Fictions

FF: ArHi: Perfectly Imperfect::COMPLETE - Page 40

Nmyra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Perfectly Imperfect

Authors Note: Thank you all for the wonderful comments and likes ' PM's will be sent to those who buddy me, I'm sorry but I don't know any other way, and comments are what keep this fic going so do take a minute to comment if you like it.

As you all know by now this is a song based ficlet and the song for this chapter is '

So Small - Carrie Underwood

Enjoy!!

Chapter - Fourteen

- Running out on Faith -

What you got - if you ain't got love
the kind that you just want to give away
It's okay to open up
go ahead and let the light shine through

For just one second, he took it all in.

She was alive.

She was here.

She'd run away from him only to come here.

To a place where she would be surrounded by him.

Where she would be surrounded by memories of them.

No one did that if they didn't care.

Now all he had to do was convince her of that fact.

Discreetly tucking his still trembling hand behind him, he cleared his throat softly, before breaking through the pounding silence with a husky - "Hey."

I know it's hard on a rainy day
you want to shut the world out and just be left alone
But don't run out on your faith.

.He was here.

Oh god, why?

She had thought, her entire body was numb with shock, she didn't even feel the pain of reality for a second.

For a second, all that mattered was that he was here, despite her he was here.

She let herself drown into his fierce gaze, one last time, before falteringly beginning the pretense she had worked so hard to build-

"Aap...matlab...you look'"

'Cause sometimes that mountain you've been climbing

-is just a grain of sand

What you've been up there searching for
forever is in your hands

He could tell by the delicate shift in the way she held herself that she was about to lie to her, it was the same way she braced herself when she was about to tell him something particularly difficult, something liable to have him all up in flames, or at least pretending to be so, but Arnav had had as much Khushi well-meaningness he could tolerate, if he had to use every emotional blackmail technique in the book, if he had to be as dramatic as her SRK then so be it. In fact if her even had to be ASR to get through to her, then so be it.

But damn her, he would get through to her.

His eyes narrowed sharply as she halting began to attempt  to break the grating silence with a, stammered -"Aap...matlab...you look..." only to break off as he callously injected-

"Like what?"

He voice lowered to a taunting whisper, as he took a measure step towards her retreating form ' "Tell me. What do I look like Khushi? Do I look like a ravishing tycoon, or a man with two broken ribs and a lot of alcohol in his system to accompany his bruised heart."

"Voh..." she began in her soft vulnerable voice of apology.

But Arnav knew that this one apology would be less of a blow and more of a death kneel to his angry tirade, a tirade she needed to hear.

And immediately, with a swift step he was now towering just over her as she backed first into the doorknob of the coat closet behind her, and then after a quick peek, onto the door itself.

"Or better yet," he asked his voice searing through her consciousness like a hot knife in butter, "Do I look like a man who's had his heart torn out?"

He paused briefly, purposefully, allowing the words to register in her already heightened senses, before looking dead into her horrified eyes and suddenly drew back in mock alarm and exclaimed '" Oh wait'now that can't be right now can it? I don't have a heart, now do I? At least so claim the tabloids...and so apparently believes my wife...must be true, eh? Arnav Singh Raizada ' the man without a heart, The Raizada Empire ' the King of Brutality, ASR- ..."

When you figure out love is all that matters after all
It sure makes everything else
seem so small

Khushi stared horrified as Arnav instead of being thousands of miles away, dropping back into his life before her, stood before her not cajolingly not apologetically, but furiously ' and yet irony of all ironies, his dark loathing was directed not at her...but at himself.

He was verbally ripping himself apart because of a decision she had made.

"It's not you '" she began fiercely, completely unaware that he still held her pinned against the wall, her every movement restricted by his broad shoulders, until he shrugged them nonchalantly before stating firmly, "Oh but it is."

Khushi made to impatiently deny his proclamation yet again, but instead felt a jolt go through her as he continued before she had the chance, as his deep voice boomed into the shell of her ear-

"You see, if it was me, who wasn't able to have children, it would never have occurred to me that you would love me any less for it...which means obviously I did something very, very wrong'because you didn't just walk-away, you left, and you thought I wouldn't find you."

It's so easy to get lost inside
a problem that seems so big at the time
it's like a river thats so wide
it swallows you whole

Arnav felt the way she stiffened against him, the way her every muscle tensed as if in denial.

Outraged fury melded with insecurity as she told him on no uncertain terms, "You were wonderful. You are wonderful. You buy flocks for pigeons for children, you secretly decide to help Aakash and Jiji when you know their romance is about to fall apart, you cradle me in the dark with one hand wrapped around my tummy as if protecting the children we dreamed of.

Dammit you are human Arnav.

This was not about you Arnav," she continued, still cupping his face between her palms as she continued, "' this was about me. I left because it was what was best'for everyone'I just wanted you to be happy you know."

The normal Arnav Singh Raizada would most likely act out in an extremely rash manner had he heard that sober.

But Arnav Singh Raizada was neither normal right now, nor was he sober. He'd been drunk on her for quite a while now, and it was time he realized that she be made t understand, only somehow he wasn't his usual articulate self, and the words, the speech's the eloquent explanation 'all of it had somehow evaded him...instead he looked back at her pain vying with actual perplexity as he allowed himself to zone in on the very last thing she'd said.

I just wanted you to be happy you know.

His voice now a mere shadow of his once deep throated huskiness, as he asked her with actual pain lacing his very words, -

"You wanted me to be happy?...

'...Without you? " he clarified himself, waiting painfully for her slight, jerky nod, before he asked her one last question.

"How?"

While you sit around thinking about what you can't change
and worrying about all the wrong things
time's flying by
moving so fast
you better make it count 'cause you can't get it back

She was obviously more of an idiot than he thought, she was he realized, with an unnatural calm.

Not only did she tear him apart and scatter his remains

She did it because she wanted him to be happy!

He watched mutely at the earnest desperation in her eyes as she told him why she'd done what she'd done.

He watched seemingly unfeelingly as tears the size of huge pearls fell from her eyes as a testament to just how much of a toll all of this had taken on her.

He watched her finally let in all the doubts she had hidden from him, and fled from, waiting with bated breath for the realization to finally dawn.

Minutes later, he realized that while the doubts would crowd in, realization would never come to her that easily, not unless she was forced to see it.

Sometimes that mountain you've been climbing is just a grain of sand
What you've been up there searching for
forever is in your hands

When it came to Khushi, Arnav Singh Raizada had never been particularly successful with romantic words or diamonds. But there was one particular language that had always proven irresistible to her.

He only prayed that that at least had not changed.

He needed to get through to her.

If words couldn't do it, than he'd use another way. A more primitive way.

A way that was much more his.

And so, with his restricting arms now dropping from both sides to offer her a chance to leave, he celebrated as she hesitated for just one quick second, before trying to pull away.

But that one second had told him all he needed to need.

His eyes rooting her to the spot, she blindly felt the soft tremors across her flesh as his hands slid across the soft curve of her stomach, and then he kissed her.

Lingeringly, in distraction, as he first apologized to her with the language that had always been most fluent to him.

And then with need.

With every kiss he told her how much she mattered, with every caress he declared how only she ever would.

When you figure out love is all that matters after all
It sure makes everything else
Seem so small

P.S. -

First of all

=MEGA HUG=

For all the reviews you've given me..and now...please go and ...

REVIEW!!!😳

TEASER:😳

The next scene is in bed. All I'm going to say.

I am a true believer in the art of bribery, the plan is to elaborate to them and also to ensure they are -ego feed-ing the better, you name it i'll be there. πŸ˜†

Also all umm typo's and sentences that don't make sense are to be attributed to me being up a t 3 am with this...😳

Edited by Nmyra - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peppygeek thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Res

Edit.!

Yayee! I'm the first one to review this astonishingly amazing serene chapter. The tirade was so heartfelt and beautiful. And the part where these lines 

She was obviously more of an idiot than he thought, she was he realized, with an unnatural calm.

Not only did she tear him apart and scatter his remains

She did it because she wanted him to be happy! 

actually made me smile,though it was meant to be ironic.

I am super glad I was logged in and available when you sent out the PMS. Again a yayee!
Edited by pgm7 - 12 years ago
dumas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
😭 that was so emotional and beautiful and perfect loved it loved how some time words aren't enough thank you for an awesome update and the pm 

Edited by dumas - 12 years ago
moonlight99 thumbnail
LOVED it! I love your writing style! 
felly_a thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
OMG I LOVE YOUR STORY!! You are brilliant!!πŸ‘πŸ‘ Finally she told him why she left him! It was so emotional and perfect! Perfect in that way..that like always every purple-blue lines of yours fits perfectly with the situation Arhi is going through!πŸ‘ Arnav did the only he could and thought would bring her back to him for forever...by kissing her! He explained and apologized through their kiss!😳 So so so so beuatiful!! I can't wait for the next chapter!! Please continue soon! Also thanks for the pm😊 Edited by felly_a - 12 years ago
LyssaPie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I love the way he said everything so he knew i guess and damn when he said that happy without you? was just too good!!

He used words and now his actions will speak louder

and Oh my precap πŸ˜‰
Apples94 thumbnail
I loved the update it was amazing!!!! Plz update soon can't wait to read the next chapter
DMGFan-2b-not2b thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

A part written at 3 am your time merits an immediate read and an immediate comment at 2 am my time :-))

I like the way this FF reads - there's a strange calm which is accompanied by tumultous passion waiting to be unleashed!

ASR may never have been very good with romantic words with her, but I think his "Without you? How?" spoke much more than any declarations of love could!
Edited by DMGFan-2b-not2b - 12 years ago
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
aww amazingly  beautiful...i loved how he waited without rushing things..
and her unrest, insecurities finally out in the open and now he can help her get over them and then they can truly be together..

thanks 4 the Pm and do update soon:-)
hararnav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Love U for the update... ur brain works so well at this time... WOW...
i love ASR's language... 
my fav part...
""You wanted me to be happy?...

'...Without you? " he clarified himself, waiting painfully for her slight, jerky nod, before he asked her one last question.

"How?"