FF: ArHi: Perfectly Imperfect::COMPLETE - Page 28

Posted: 12 years ago

Heyy guys,

First of all – I am very VERY sorry to my Perfectly Imperfect readers, I know I promised you an update on page 42, but honesty I just can't seem to write. I've been trying all day for two days. I feel stuck and like there's a 9 year old over my shoulder the entire time I try to write something.

I know you're all probably well acquainted with the censorship stuff that's been going on. Today I was sent a topic link where there are readers and other writers claiming what we write is 'soft po*n' and that is one of the milder bashings. Needless to say I'm horrified and completely at a loss. I don't know what to say to you guys and I don't want to speak out against mods, because I honestly believe the topic opened by them was hosting a healthy discussion as to the pro's and cons, this thread was just a bash-fest.  The link is here - https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2778213&TPN=3

I'm including it only so that some of you can read it and understand why we writers are feeling hurt and de-motivated. We make no money on this. We write this for you guys, because we revel in the support and love you give us, and there are people calling what we take time out to write po*n and saying we're trying to corrupt youngsters not to mention rudely telling us we should leave the forum.

I am hurt and sad.

And I don't know when the next update will be.

I'm sorry I promise I will continue to try to write. But I just wanted to let you guys know what was going on, I didn't want you all to be mad at me.

Once again, i am very sorry.😭

Much love,

Nmyra

😭No , Not U too😭.Create a blog. WE will follow U faithfully😃

HiNymra, I came across your FF recently n found it very tastefully written and was quiet eagerly awaiting the next update.  
Being a supporter of freedom of expression, it pains me to see the debate raging on IF and totally understand the reason you are upset. I do hope this gets sorted out soon. Please do continue writing. I would love to read your work even if you decide to post it someplace else.
All the best.!!
Ths s horrible nd feeling so sad.,
that v r badly gng to miss good writers like u nd nd ur stories.
Bt v can undrstand ur problem nd i think these things would sort out soon.
Wll wait 4 ur update.
I love your writing style n all your stories are amazing! 

like the other writers, you should also put it on a blog...I had read the post that you've shared n it was pretty disturbing that such beautiful stories are being disgraced and degraded this way! And there already has been a lot of discussion on the topic and then bringing it up again n that too in such a manner!

Its going to be IF's loss if you and other amazingly talented writers stop writing here!
I understand ur point of u ..the rules of IF hav gotten really strict and writer's must be really confused on how to make their content acceptable. Personally i feel it's ur own choice to read or skip the mature content in a story. As for ur FF it's a beautiful concept and quite well written. Maybe u can shift it to a blog but dun leave it halfway, cause there r many ppl out there who wud love to read ur work.😊
please don't stop writing i love ur ff...
Please create a blog snd update there...
plz try n update soon...there are ppl here who njoy ur writing
Nmyra, I am really saddened by the way a few narrow minded people have held the whole IF ransom to their petty thinking.
This is what i posted on HoH's Parallel Passions thread yesterday when I read her note and I am putting  this in here to state how strongly I object to this form of arbitrary censorship.

HoH, Your Note on pg 115 and now Nmyra, yours too has came as a big shock. It was so distressing to read.
I wasn't aware of this self-appointed  underground moral Stasi lurking about and objecting to things till I read your respective notes.

Who the f- are these behenjis from the mythical land called bharatiyata (which by the way, for all literal minded person, is NOT a GEOGRAPHICAL entity that exists on this planet) crusadiong around to protect some mythical morals and culture . Probably the same who have no problems with the hypocricy of a society that worships Durga while happily allowing the physical and metal abusing of its women both in public and in the home. The same lot who had no problems with watching sheila ki jawani, jalebi bai and munni badnam hui and worse, I can't care to even mention them. What morals are these people talking about in a country which has the most fantastic liberal gods and dieties on this planet.  Do they even know what happened at the end of the Mohini-Bhasmasura story?!? Boy these people are the limits.
In the land of the Kamasutra and Khajuraho exist such dolts!

I am appalled at the actions of the mods, who should have made it clear that if people had problems with the contents of a piece of creative writing, they should not read it instead of curbing creative freedom. No one is compelling anyone to read anything. Besides such writing poses no danger or threat to anyone, so even that excuse does not work here.

While I have not read Pandora's Box, I strongly defend every author's write to express their creative thinking, depsite my inability to wrote a sentence of fiction. People always have the right to NOT to read something they find objectionable. 

This whole  thing seems such a reflection of what is happening in the larger society in India - the way Salman Rushdie was not allowed to attend the literary fesitvali is one such example.

And here was me admiring you guys for your so brillaint story creating and telling skills!!

So while I am upset about not being able to read both your works in the IF, I fully support your stand.
As readers it our responsibility to raise our voices against any form of arbitrary censorship. I hope there are other readers out there who will join in and express their objections to this censorship.

Edited by Japonica - 12 years ago
Hey

Hope you are to creating a blog for your FF..
Seems i really need to be familiar with blogs now as every writer moving there... But it's good as long as you guys got to write asp er the story demands and  we get to read what we want.
Hope to listen from you soon...