Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 12 years ago
Dang! He's looking awesome.

Abhishek Bachchan has a sense of humour that could be almost British in its understatement. Droll, quicksilver, subtle — if you don't catch it, you might think the actor to be a very intense young person indeed. In fact he uses the word 'intense' an awful lot, in describing many things — his craft especially. But don't let that fool you into believing he's all work and no play.

The play is part of the work. Though he does take offence at that on-the-sets label, 'prankster': "Oh God — you know that 'prankster' word — I am going to find the journalist. But you know I don't really play pranks. 'Prank' is what when you play a prank, I have fun. I love to have fun. You know making a film is very serious. You have to think about your responsibilities, it's a serious job. People tend to get very lost in their space but I think it will be very boring it's like going to school in the morning and sitting there and quiet you know? You should have fun, it's a creative process — it should be fun!"

We get him. Moreover, being festive season, maybe fun should be first on the agenda. In fact, Abhishek has fond memories of Xmas: "Growing up as a kid, we celebrated everything. And who doesn't like presents?!" Though when asked to elaborate on the new stocking under the tree (representing his newborn daughter, welcomed Nov 16), he deftly sidesteps the question: "No, we don't use stockings, we just put it (presents) under the tree!" The new father fiercely guards his privacy as concerns his little one, but it is done tactfully, with elan. No pictures of her released, but we get a private view on his phone — she is angelic, and he cannot hide the pride.

is less guarded speaking about that other family — B-Town: "You know it is family for me, I have grown up here. Your film unit becomes your family for those 6-8 months, you see them more often than your own family, and that's the nice thing about the Indian film industry. Despite it becoming very professional, which is nice, it still has retained the quality of family. I have seen many other film industries — they don't function like us, there is not much warmth as there is on our sets. I know the light man and all who have seen me as a kid when I used to go to my dad's sets, and I used to play with them, they remember that…" 

In celebratory season, there is indeed much for Abhishek to be excited about, apart from family time and baby — count the car sequence, in Players, apparently the official remake of the cult The Italian Job. "Michael Caine was just like a king in that film," he reminisces. Then, the droll side: "So we thought that in India if we do the film, instead of the minis we can do it with rickshaws. But Abbasji, Mustanji kept the minis, so...!"

Having spotted him with Kolaveri Di's Dhanush on the night Tom Cruise was in the city, we can't help asking if he's known Dhanush for long. And we glimpse the drollery yet again: "Yes, since he got married to Aishwarya. His Aishwarya."

At the INDIA TODAY summit

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/slideshow_abhishek-bachchan-spreads-cheer_1625692-1

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Awww! he looks like--seems like Beti B is keeping him up at nights--I see bags!!

But his dressing sense has improved: A big YAY!
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
If these pics would have been out in 2004-2005 they would have gotten lot of women drooling. Now its been more than 12 hrs and this thread only elicited a response from loyal Ash fans. What a fall for Abhi...he should just retire.
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
^^Who are we to dictate if someone should retire or not? I'm sure you wouldn't like a nobody asking you to retire from your job. If you're really not good enough, you will be sacked by your employer. Similarly for Abhishek, he's here because he is in demand. He still gets good work and is paid well obviously because the producers/directors think he deserves it.

And I'm sure I-F does not represent the whole world. Abhishek doesn't need to retire because he 'didn't get many replies on this thread'. The good topics about certain stars never attract enough attention. Only those threads become hits which have ample scope for bashing (that too only for a certain stars). That's how I-F works!
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
He always looks the same to me.. long gone are those Dus Bahane days. If Players doesn't work for him either he really needs Dostana 2 cuz hes apt for that role .
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: VanityGirl

^^Who are we to dictate if someone should retire or not? I'm sure you wouldn't like a nobody asking you to retire from your job. If you're really not good enough, you will be sacked by your employer. Similarly for Abhishek, he's here because he is in demand. He still gets good work and is paid well obviously because the producers/directors think he deserves it.

And I'm sure I-F does not represent the whole world. Abhishek doesn't need to retire because he 'didn't get many replies on this thread'. The good topics about certain stars never attract enough attention. Only those threads become hits which have ample scope for bashing (that too only for a certain stars). That's how I-F works!

Amen to that!😆

I think the last time a topic was super hit and no one got bashed was a why we like each other thread or something.