Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sexyheels thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: moksha89

Hello, dear. First, I will respond to your post (mostly the bold parts since everyone else has commented on the rest).  

You say that you are annoyed of negative comments but your introductory sentence was very negative regarding a character, and yet I can not find fault with it because it is your opinion.  In addition, you also have been disrespectful of another's opinion by making a generalization of members within this forum.  I like UdayVeer, but it's not necessary that his physical appearance is what attracts me, not even just his style.  If you read when members post more than just about his smile, shirts, etc (within those very same threads), there are some intricate thoughts written.  I take time to think before writing, and it is unfair to think you find such shallowness when I know I have analyzed the Dark Prince's actions to see if he is a character with the ability to change.  His layered personality is fun to analyze, pick at, and discuss.  What is the need to be defensive about those who find UdayVeer's character and story to be better discussed compared to Aakash?  Lastly, those in favor of ManVeer are being active in expressing their opinion, and there has been no halt in letting those in favor of Aakash promote theirs.  Maybe in the future you could direct your post in a different way - maybe highlighting what action of Aakash's you liked and how it impacts Manyata/Moniya.  I do not mean to be combatitive, but watching how you direct a post can help keep the atmosphere enjoyable.

This is an excerpt of a post I had commented on (Even if I am not an Aakash hopeful, I still make sure not to bash him many members have done the same types of posts..have you acknowledged these?):  

no CV would ever write a scene like this unless the track was another transient moment for Manyata's overall life.  think about it, this serial isn't about who she's going to marry, but about a girl who was kidnapped and denied her birth right.  How does she overcome such a huge betrayal, accept true reality, situate herself and manage royal politics? this, i believe, was the main point of DEK.

what part does udayveer play?  The same part as all the other royals, allowing Manyata to recognize her destiny.  Aakash is a stepping stone for Manyata's transition from a childish, sheltered, and unawares girl to a regal, influential, and important female figure within society.  I still see this story (disregarding entertaining) as impactful if they can show individuals growing, learning and understanding themselves and how they feel.  UV and Manyata (even JayNandini) have the ability to "grow-up" and understand themselves. ..and that process would be amazing to witness

I have said what I felt & hope you see where I am coming from.  We should all express ourviews, but not in a way to create tension.  We all want DEK to do well

well said moksha89
-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
hey people. I just started watching this show today. Saw all previous epis in one go. Very interesting show (entertaining actually i should say). When i came to the forum i too felt that there is a bias towards Uday (imo its a bit unfair). 

I am a fan of the actor playing Akash but he is not the reason i started watching the show. I watched for Priyal Gor. I liked her as Mona in her other show and was upset when she was replaced. I think she is a very talented actor. The guy playing Uday is new to me... and honestly i don't think he looks hot...but Uday's characterization of the ultimate bad boy that every girl secretly cannot resist works in his favor. 

As for love between Manyata and the two potential grooms... Akaash had romantic intentions towards Manyata before he knew who she was. He spent his one month's rent money to gift her something she dreamed of. Who does that for a girl he just met unless he is interested in her. No guy would do that if he just wanted to be friends. He took her out of a date..took her to the club..basically did the things that one would do if he was pursuing a girl to eventually propose to her. So to doubt his intentions i believe is reading too much into it and missing some essential qualities of the time Manyata spent with Akaash. From Manyata's side, it started as an innocent friendship with Akaash..she didn't see a difference between hanging out with him vs. hanging out with Chikki and her other friend. It was her friends who teased her about being in love and made her feel that she was in love. But to say that she doesn't have those feelings for Akaash is also turning a blind eye to the fact that Manyata was absolutely jealous when she thought Akaash was treating another girl special like he treated her... and later was heartbroken when she felt she was never going to see him again...and then again when she felt he broke her trust. She may have not realized her feelings without her friend's pushing her.. but since then her feelings for Akaash have grown beyond the friendship stage. 

Manyata's "love" though may not be as strong as Akaash's love for her. Reason is that she has had a very sheltered life, she was pushed towards Akaash by her friends and by the fact that Akaash is probably the only guy who gave her such attention (as she keeps moving from place to place and has had no lasting relationships). I don't want to belittle her feelings by saying its infatuation... but its not a deep rooted feeling either. She is capable of sacrificing this relationship with Akaash for something more important (which she did when she chose her baba over Akaash). Right now though she feels the need for his support because the man who was her backbone has just disintegrated. 

Coming to Uday. I do love the characterization. This guy has got so many layers that by the time you get to the real person inside, you confuse yourself. It takes an intelligent writer to create a personality like that and maintain it with consistency too. He is not easy to fathom. But he is not essentially evil. He is selfish and ambitious. And he is manipulative in order to get his way. But his intentions are not reckless. He is doing things for whats best for a larger group of people and if for that he needs to sacrifice a few things along the way he sees it as collateral damage. Beyond that he has all the vices of being rich and powerful. If Uday and Jaynandini got together...there would be fireworks. But i think Uday would never love JN. And JN would never truly love Uday the person...she'll always see him as a trophy. Not that i think JN is completely lost case and evil and would never love anyone. But she is too self-involved (which is appropriate for her age and upbringing). 

Uday can't be called a spoilt brat because he knows what kind of responsibilities he is seeking for himself and is going after it in the most determined way possible with all his mind, body and soul. A spoilt brat would just expect the product without working hard for it. For him to retain his humanity in all his endeavors he needs someone in his life who becomes his anchor. Otherwise he will loose himself. Actually he has pretty much lost his base already which his sister tries to remind him of, but he doesn't have the time to reflect on that. If he becomes capable of loving someone (truly, deeply, madly) then he would find that stability in his life that he needs. Otherwise, no matter how much energy he put into gaining power and keeping it, he will loose himself completely in the process. For this reason I think Manyata is better for Uday than JN. 

In Manyata's case, if she were free to live her life as pleased, she will have a wonderful companion in Akaash. He will take good care of her and she'll be happy in her life with him. But she can't completely deny her family either. She does have a family where atleast two people love her deeply. She will return that love eventually because Manyata basically is like a mirror that gives love in return of love and hate in return of hate. If she wishes to accept her place in society as the princess... then she must also accept the responsibilities that come with that. And in that case I don't think Akaash is her ideal companion because Akaash is a simple guy. If Manyata enters the politics of royal business, then she is better off with someone as crooked as Uday at her side. Uday has the capacity to love her and they share a childhood that Uday does consider special.  As for Manyata returning Uday's love, she is like a mirror, she cannot hate him if he gives her love. 

So its not about who is Manyata in love with now, or who truly loves her and who has rights over her... its about the situation that each character finds themselves in. If Manyata chooses that she doesn't want to be with her new found family and would rather live the free life she has lived till now, then thats her choice to make and her life to live. If she chooses otherwise, then that too is her choice to live with the consequences of that choice. If she chooses to stay where she is, then she gives up her birthright, her family that she never got to know and a future that could have taken her to places. But if she chooses to join her royal family she'll give up her freedom and the shelter of being comfortable and accepted as she is...and to Manyata those things are very important part of who she is as is the fact that she is a born princess.

Sorry i made such a long post. Hope no one fell asleep reading it. lol
Edited by -JC- - 12 years ago
Miss.Colorfull thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
if u go personality wise akash is a ideal husband/bf material who is nice,caring,helpful and much more but uday and manyata has that spark which akash-manyata will never have in my opnion so i want manveer together than akash. uday is not the perfect guy by personality but there is much more to uday then just what he shows plus he hides his feelings really well. i like uday not of his looks but his personality as well like he knows exactly what to do n how to get it done n all. as for akash he is just mr.nice n nothing more but for uday there is this mystery behind him n he is not what he portrays himself to be which the audience likes. 
-Yuks- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
@ -JC-

That was quite an essay😆

I agree 100% with you.

The reason I am a Uday-Manyata shipper is that there is fire between them.
Uday was interested in Manyata, he saw something different in her even before he knew she was Manyata. She intreagued him before too.

I know there is nothing from Manyata's side yet. But there's atleast an inkling from Uday's side and it gives us hope.

When it comes to Aakash and Manyata, I just dont see a special relationship between them, you know?
Manyata went out of her way to dry Aakash's files, and then return them to him. So he, in turn, bought her the shoes that she so desired.
That started the so-caled 'relationship'
Two people who are just generally nice went out of their way to be nice to each other.

As a viewer, Im not only watching, emotionless. I am laughing with the characters, I am crying with them, I am FEELING
These shows evoke emotions in us, they arent just purely entertainment value.
When I see Aakash and Manyata on screen, I dont feel anything. But when I see Udayvrer and Manyata, there's a whole myriad of emotions. They make me feel, so to feel further, I want to see them more. Plain and simple.

Bet let us see how the story progresses

Yuks
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
honestly akash's character is just not interesting it comes down to that. there is no scope, he's a nice guy and the actor who plays him is a good actor but the character is basically someone who knows the distinctions between right & wrong yet when dealing with them, falls short. Majority of that fault lies in creatives, they could have totally made Akash's character more appealing, by this I don't mean looks but better dialogue, better scenes, better structure.

uday, is a human-being he ain't perfect, he's rude and arrogant, confused, tries to demonstrate he could careless all the time and a touch of mystery to him as well. however he damn sure is interesting and that keeps most viewers wanting more.

-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
hey yuks. 
I did apologize for the essay.. but like i said this show is entertaining and to me that means some intelligent writing went on behind this cuz i am not entertained by remakes and old wines in a new bottle type of stories. I like seeing grey in characters that make them real. 

I watched the show before coming to the forum so i know what i truly felt when i watched each scn instead of reading updates and having a different colored lens in front of my eyes. I do think Akaash and Moniya had something very special (actually precious). In Moniya's own words she felt that Akaash was precious to her "anmol". The preciousness is not necessarily romance. But a feeling that this guy understands me. She told her baba about Akaash that she felt he was not a stranger at all but someone she has always been with and when she was with him she felt like their conversation had started from the middle...like they had left off somewhere and restarted. That is Moniya's own words and not something her friends put in her mouth. For a girl who has been on the run and had few true and close friendships to be able to be this comfortable with someone is truly special and important...priceless actually. When Akaash asked her to wish for something she desires from deep within, she sought stability and not having to say good bye to people she loves... even today's epi she is afraid of really loving someone for the fear of having to leave. Akaash is close to her, he understands her and appreciates her innocence, which most others would find as stupidity. Most people would tell Moniya to grow up but Akaash wants to protect the child like quality she has because people loose that essense when they grow up. Thats what he loves about Moniya. 

Yes Uday and Manyata have spark. Uday is very physical and they have chemistry when Manyata also retaliates equally with Uday. But the chemistry is non existant when Uday does a terrorizing act and Manyata just stares in disbelief at his audacity. I'd feel their chemistry more if Manyata and Uday were playing on equal turfs but for Manyata to get there it will take some time as she needs to get over the current tragedy in her life. I loved their first encounter at the beach. But since then, i really havn't been that moved by these two. I feel that Uday should stop grabbing Manyata's arms like a piece of chicken legs and there should be some intelligent screenplay added into their interactions to keep the spark. 
Edited by -JC- - 12 years ago
-Yuks- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: -JC-

Yes Uday and Manyata have spark. Uday is very physical and they have chemistry when Manyata also retaliates equally with Uday. But the chemistry is non existant when Uday does a terrorizing act and Manyata just stares in disbelief at his audacity. I'd feel their chemistry more if Manyata and Uday were playing on equal turfs but for Manyata to get there it will take some time as she needs to get over the current tragedy in her life. I loved their first encounter at the beach. But since then, i really havn't been that moved by these two. I feel that Uday should stop grabbing Manyata's arms like a piece of chicken legs and there should be some intelligent screenplay added into their interactions to keep the spark. 

I agree with you 1,000%

I loved their first encounter because something sparked between them
And then their second encounter at the club, where Manyata gave as good as she got.

Its their witty back-and-forth banter that I love.
If Udayveer says something, Manyata has something to say in reply.

I think it's another reason I want the two together. I love Manyata as a spitefire, spewing all kinds of insults and colourful words, and Udayveer and the rest of the royal family make her like this.
With Aakash, even Manyata is a little boring to watch

Yuks

sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: -JC-

hey yuks. 

I did apologize for the essay.. but like i said this show is entertaining and to me that means some intelligent writing went on behind this cuz i am not entertained by remakes and old wines in a new bottle type of stories. I like seeing grey in characters that make them real. 

I watched the show before coming to the forum so i know what i truly felt when i watched each scn instead of reading updates and having a different colored lens in front of my eyes. I do think Akaash and Moniya had something very special (actually precious). In Moniya's own words she felt that Akaash was precious to her "anmol". The preciousness is not necessarily romance. But a feeling that this guy understands me. She told her baba about Akaash that she felt he was not a stranger at all but someone she has always been with and when she was with him she felt like their conversation had started from the middle...like they had left off somewhere and restarted. That is Moniya's own words and not something her friends put in her mouth. For a girl who has been on the run and had few true and close friendships to be able to be this comfortable with someone is truly special and important...priceless actually. When Akaash asked her to wish for something she desires from deep within, she sought stability and not having to say good bye to people she loves... even today's epi she is afraid of really loving someone for the fear of having to leave. Akaash is close to her, he understands her and appreciates her innocence, which most others would find as stupidity. Most people would tell Moniya to grow up but Akaash wants to protect the child like quality she has because people loose that essense when they grow up. Thats what he loves about Moniya. 

beautifully written...she feels connected..abhishek is very good actor..i loved moved,sad eyes of aakaash today when manya spoke about the tasty food at palace,stability...he understood child within her and also deep down knows she may be just a child who would mov e on and grow up...it kinda saddens him i find his character beautiful that way...some things cvs messed up..
as much as i love chemistry and power play between uday and manyata..i want ashish to work on some of his expressions...when he is in thought/deep down moved he is ver impressive,his softness with his sis;his depth for young manyata is beautiful..i hope CVS can build on it...
we cant be swayed by a beautiful/arrogant face...but more depth to his character
i loved aakash's eyes today..though i do beleive moniya and uday have much more spark and story will move better with their pairing..but clash of wills/udays protectivness should be utilized properly
Edited by sami01 - 12 years ago