New genre leads Kollywood

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
From TOI

Hansika turns gangster

Shankaran Malini

Hansika is now busy shooting for her next in Tamil, "Vettai Mannan" (directed by debutant Nelson, with Simbu, Deeksha Seth and Jai playing key roles). Quiz her about her role in "Vettai Mannan" and she says, "It is something which I have never done before, and I mean it, even if it sounds clichd. My look is different in the film and I am doing something totally different. At least, I do feel so, but my family and relatives say that finally they get to see something which I really am. My mom often calls me a little gangster. And in "Vettai Mannan", I play a gangster girl."
   With Deeksha Seth already paired opposite Simbu, is she also the actor's love interest in the film? Hansika clarifies, "I am not paired opposite him and I don't play his love interest in the film."
   The actress doesn't reveal much about her other projects. Talking about "Oru Kal Oru Kannadi", she says, "There are only two songs which are left to be shot and it will certainly be my first release in 2012. We will be shooting in Egypt and Dubai soon. "
   The buzz is that Genelia and Hansika will be seen together again, but Hansika says, "I cannot talk about that. I don't know whether it will happen or when it will happen."
   Is she still part of "Mareesan", the Dhanush venture with the two heroines? "I can't comment on that," she signs off.

Hansika Motwani

SONAM IN MANI'S NEXT

SONAM KAPOOR, reportedly, has been approached by Mani Ratnam for his next Tamil project. Sonam's friend says, "Her dad, Anil, himself had started his career with a Telugu film and he was able to convince her. She will be required to learn enough of the language to understand her dialogue, however, her lines will be dubbed." Reportedly, the project will launch the career of Tamil actor Karthik's son Gautham. When contacted Sonam said, "We (the Hindi film industry) are always remaking regional movies. I would rather be a part of the original. However, nothing is confirmed yet."
   Subhash K Jha & Mehul Thakkar

Edited by chalhov - 12 years ago
Thanks for the article.
Sonam in a Mani Ratnam film? ðŸ˜² She doesn't know the ABCD of acting all she can do is look pretty. The truth is she doesn't have the acting skills that her father has...
 I don't understand why Mani Ratnam needs a Bollywood heroine when there are plenty of talented South Heroines.
Originally posted by melonie

Thanks for the article.
Sonam in a Mani Ratnam film? ðŸ˜² She doesn't know the ABCD of acting all she can do is look pretty. The truth is she doesn't have the acting skills that her father has...
 I don't understand why Mani Ratnam needs a Bollywood heroine when there are plenty of talented South Heroines.
It is the strange fascination with the grass looking greener on the other side
sonam in mani sir movie ðŸ¤“ ðŸ˜² wat the hell mani sir eppadi select pannanga  gosh they said keerthana parthiban will be paired up nu ayooo
A NEW GENRE IN KOLLYWOOD'

...that's what Venkat Prabhu promises to give Tamil audiences in his upcoming Suriya-starrer

Shankaran Malini

Venkat Prabhu, who's been basking in the success of Mankatha, is currently a busy man. He has been penning the script for his new film, which will star Suriya and Ravi Teja. The director says that he is currently half way through writing his script.
   The director, states, "The film is very much a story set in the present day and very urban. It is laden with a lot of fun. While I cannot reveal too much right now, I can say that this film will introduce a new genre in Tamil cinema though it might be an outdated one for Hollywood."
   Talking about the film's casting, Venkat confirms, "Yes, Suriya has agreed to do this film. But, I will be narrating the final script to him only after I am done with it. I had a few scripts and now, I've narrowed down on one and completed its first half.
   Venkat adds, "The other actor who has been finalized is Ravi Teja though he's also yet to listen to the final script. Since Premgi (Amaren, Venkat's brother) is not doing many films, he will be part of it too."
   As for the heroine, he says, "The rest of the logistics and casting will be finalised only once we are through with the scripting. But I can confirm that Yuvan Shankar Raja will compose the music and that the technical team will mostly consist of people who have helped me till now."

Suriya and (inset) Venkat Prabhu