La and ASR scene is HUGE!!! - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by Nrp77

Absolutely agree!!!  Khushi has definitely become his emotional barometer, as well as his moral compass!!!  He just has a hard time accepting it.  He tries to cover it up by saying stupid things like ' how can you just leave like that when there's so much work to be done'...  It's all just a defense mechanism and Lavanya has finally picked up on it.  After today, there is nooo turning back.

Wonder if Lavanya will also realize that ASR moved their engagement date up the day after Khushi told them she is engaged!?!  

Can't wait to watch all of this unfold onscreen!!! 

In the famous words of JBJ (thought of this when you mentioned it being a bumpy ride) :

So hold me close better hang on tight
Buckle up baby, it's a bumpy ride
We're two kids hitching down the road of life
Our world, our fight...

She is his moral compass.  That is the reason why they make a good team - she is the heart and he is the brain.  I truly hope that he doesn't feed a line to La about, just a slip of the tongue - because that is not what was written all over his face.

I am left to wonder how he would have finished that sentence...that he does it shayad...shayad what, what what!!!  Spill it!

@Ella - the only reason why she will now realize she was never there is because she can see that ASR is not the khadoos - there is another side, the one that she only thought was for Di, that can be for another person.  I felt bad for her today because although knowledge is power, power can be deadly.

@Bollywood - this was absolutely necessary for the story to move foward.  How many times can La ignore what is going on right under her nose.  How many times has she caught him looking at her or him mentioning her and then just brushing it off.  The reason for the eavesdropping is because her intuition is telling her something is going on.  
@anu : super post...

"Khushi has become ASR's emotional barometer, just as his sister had told him would happen when he found "the one".  When Khushi is happy, he is happy.  When Khushi is hurt, he is hurt and exacts revenge (well that's what the gunda whose face got pounded in at the dhaba told me) and when Khushi is emotionally broken, ASR breaks and wants to fix it.  "

Superbly put. 

i keeep wanting arnav's monolouge and BAM...they gave it to us yest...agreeed it was not an internal thing and La was witness to it, but it was so poignant, hes put it out there...you cannot take back all that you said... *CVs are you listening...hes said it...dont reverse gear and say..whaaat..when did this happpen*

I noticed the farak padta hai trigger too...i half expected him to turn and yell when he heard that. But this one was his undoing. I loved how the arnav just overshadowed the ASR today...WOOT...

As for La...i hope the dimpled beauty enforces it strongly that wht his state of mind is...and that he loves khushi...and he needs to accept it and probably do something about it... cos the man is going to go again behind some mask saying...nooo mujhe farak nahi padta...sooo if La does a good job with that...m one happy camper !
plus give her a happily ever after...dont make her loud make up plotting with mami and shyam vamp...

P.S : la has become his kkg outlet...even during the whole hospital hug sequence...

Very nicely analysed.

I would like ASR to nicely apologise to La and break up with her. Better still, she walks out after giving him a piece of her mind.
Anu!!!

I could kiss you for this piece of brilliance...absolutely spot on...exactly what I thought when he said..".Khushi," all teary-eyed...and when La said 'farak nahin padta..."...he is so full of her thoughts that nothing else seems to register with him...it is as if there is no space in either his mind or heart, for anything or anybody else...almost trance-like.

The emotion is genuine, the words are genuine...and he is not referring to the present...this is really big because it is a kind of apology/explanation for all his past transgressions...everything...from the very beginning...

Awesomeness, Anu...complete awesomeness!!!👏

Stop hanging out with injured gunda's at Lajjo Ka Dhaba, momma1128, and come back to the forum where I've missed you these past weeks!

I admire your restraint on the Gupta House of Horrors, I really do, because I basically wanted to pound Garima's bland  overly lipsticked face into the ground yesterday, not because of her Payal centric reaction, but because of her non reaction to Khushi.

She was the one who ultimately got the sagaai put through, by not standing up and asking a question like, "so, does this guy have a family we could speak to, or friends we could check up on"-you know, basic questions you'd ask before handing over the young virginal orphan in your house to the random stranger  who's come off of the street.

She was the one who allowed that besotted fool of a Buaji to harangue and bully her "child" into getting engaged with a man they literally knew nothing about, and she is the one who expressed not ONE moment of remorse or pain or guilt here. I found her repulsive. I feel no indignation for their disregard for Anjali's rights here, because having seen their disregard for Khushi, Im just happy they'll allow her a room for the night until she goes off to beard the lions in the den on their collective behalfs tomorrow.

Re ASR- spot on analysis, as always, though I do want there to be an extended grovel here as far as the misuse of La and their relationship is concerned. He should be receiving some home truths about himself and some blows to the pride and ego in general now, as devastating as the one he's just delivered to a woman who didn't deserve it.  I am having a hard time with the different varieties of male indifference to their women that is been cavalierly shown around in this serial.

ASR's behavior, taken in the context of his declared words and not the seen through the magic of the poolside is, basically, him being caught emotionally cheating on his fiance. He SHOULD suffer, and La has every reason to not be the supportive I'll-step-aside-now girlfriend. I'd be pissed if she was such a wet noodle, to be honest.
@Priya - It was totally all Arnav and I will send PH the cow pie I have on reserve for GH should they forget where they have taken ASR emotionally - he has come a long way.  I want La to play a role between those two, even if it is just to suggest to ASR he hiding feelings from himself about Chamkeli.  But I want her to rip him a new one on her way out on her own terms.

@Vistaa - where have you been!!  Exams done and aced??  Yes, that is why it is so huge.  He is laying out everything for Khushi - he knows he has been a bast*rd with her, he knows he shouldn't have done those things and here he has both regret and remorse.  FROM A RAKSHAS, this is huge!!!  Awesomeness...hmmm, I believe Zain gets commission from the forum everytime this word is used.  I think she copyrighted it or something. 😆

@Napster - But I like dhabas.  I already ranted about the 3 stooges this morning A LOT, so it is out of my system.  I want La to leave on her own as she has done before, but not before giving ASR a piece of her mind about how she went through months of sanskar lessons and crap for his family and that the engagement was his idea not hers.  But I also want her to tell him about his latent feelings for KKG and maybe slip in that she never bought those plants.
@momma I think if LA now plays cupid between asr and khushi will be grea8 . I dont blame Asr khushi or even LA for this sitiuation cuz LA was very well aware of ASR and by seeing his chnage of moods she should have realised there is some thing wrong going with him its just from yesterday shes started noticing the craziness of ASR for khushi  n in his  dreamy way he goes n apologize and shows part of his feelings for khushi .

If they would put it this way LA back offs from this engagment gracefully n pulls the family in mission asrkhushi  willbe great , she knws wht NOT khushi has gone thru to bring  her close to asr but it was destined  to be . Now with anjali's help she takes special effeorts to bring the love birds together HAPPILY will be wonderful !

La, ASR scene is not huge - Before ASR even says anything, I think La will interpret all that he said as his regret over being mean to Kh, cos he is worried about her cos nobody can find where she is-not even her family. Infact La may even think that ASR is worried that engagement preparations will get bogged down and not be completed in time if the chief arranger aka Kh is missing in action.

So the coming scene is no biggie. Unless the writers have decided to rush the story and make ASR 'all melted' which is ver unbelievable cos ASR vowed to not get involved with Kh, and unless I am missing something, ASR has not changed his view towards Kh - only that he was not happy she was engaged, and he knew she loved him - ASR has still not accepted that he could want or need or accept a low class girl like Kh - AND UNLESS THE WRITERS JUMP THE SHARK & FAST-FORWARD THE TRACK FOR GREAT BUT NONSENSICAL TRPS GAINED FROM ANOTHER 'DIWALI-LIKE' EPISODE WHERE ASR & KH WILL ROMANCE EACH OTHER ONLY FOR ASR TO MOVE BACK ONCE AGAIN - COS IT OWN'T MAKE SENSE - WHY SHUD ASR END UP WITH KH??? HE DOES NOT HAVE THAT ANSWER AND NEITHER DO WE! I think ASR will find out that Kh is not engaged anymore but he will still want to go ahead with HIS engagement. But La may put a freeze on that in coming days.

MOST LIKELY SCENARIO TO HAPPEN: Anjali will hand over her mangalsutar to Kh saying "if my husband is happier with you, take it and make him happy - that is how I will be happy too" AND then Anjali will tell ASR that she wants Shyam to have a 2nd wife aka Kh and THAT IS WHAT IS HER HAPPINESS - and a flabbergasted ASR will try to force Kh to marry Shyam for his sister's happiness (blackmailing her that he can undo the P/Akash marriage as well if Kh does not accept his proposal for his jijaji). 

Kh will leave RM, her house, Delhi and disappear for good - ASR will then realize that she was telling the truth, she is not a gold digger, she loves him 'unconditionally', and will not settle for anything less if given an option.  

Guys, just a rant. La and ASR scene is NOT HUGE!
Anu very well analysed, perspective thoughts of yours..

Indeed the light bulb of La has now started blinking  and well on the road to light up brightly..Yep we need to thank her..For seeing those unseen feelings ASR is having; a man who has is now very vulnerable and baring his heart and soul openly..

Wish La exits ASR's life with no melodrama or parting shot.. Let her head be held high, her feelings and emotions a little battered but not heavily damaged..Let her be relieved from a loveless relationship and look forward to a better future.. Let her change to  a good human..
My thoughts , but dunno how much her characterisation is going to change in future..