Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

La and ASR scene is HUGE!!!

momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Let's put the Gupta women's paltry excuse at remorse and empathy for Khushi aside.
Let's also put aside the ridiculousness which was Shyam bak bak'ing to a bunch of people he just defrauded for the past umpteen months and asking them to take the high road and think about Payal's rishta. (why someone did not take a belan to his nuts before Khushi got there is beyond me - but for right now putting this thought aside).

I want to thank La.  I felt for this girl today.  She of the fluffy cloud dreams came crashing down to earth during what she thought was another "nice" moment being shared with ASR.  I want to thank her for using the phrase 'tumhe farak nahin padta' because that caused the inner turmoil to come out of ASR.

We see ASR absolutely preoccupied with thoughts of Khushi.  He knows her fiance has done something to her. He does not know what, but he knows that he has made her cry.  Khushi has become ASR's emotional barometer, just as his sister had told him would happen when he found "the one".  When Khushi is happy, he is happy.  When Khushi is hurt, he is hurt and exacts revenge (well that's what the gunda whose face got pounded in at the dhaba told me) and when Khushi is emotionally broken, ASR breaks and wants to fix it.  And this is his preoccupation at the moment.

ASR, consummate businessman is not paying attention or listening to a damn word Aman is saying.  He schedules a meeting for the 16th.  La is there and asks the 16th!  How could you?  We are supposed to get engaged - you know the engagement you INSISTED on.  Did you forget or is it that you just don't care - tumhe koi farak nahin padta...we've heard it before...TRIGGER (and because it is La and not Khushi, it spills forth from ASR, because with Khushi he has to tiptoe on the emotional eggshells but with La, he has no emotion, he does not have to be careful and this is why his guard is down and it just flows)

All of what ASR has been making Arnav hold back comes out.  It is not that I don't care - this is coming out of the self professed anti emotion guy, this is big people.  I am SORRY.  It is just that, I don't know what I say when I have so many things on my mind.  I truly REGRET what I said.  It is NEVER my intention to hurt you, Khushi.  I think I do this because...

Can you just imagine if all of this were said to Khushi - which it wouldn't because he is not at the point of showing this vulnerability to her - but just imagine!  This was his internal thought process laid out before La because unfortunately for her, he has no vested feelings for her.  ASR is not there in this moment of reflection in his room with La, he is by the pool with Khushi, looking up at the stars, continuing a conversation about why engagements matter.  It is only when La interrupts that he his jolted out of this revelation of sorts.  The cat is out of the bag, there is no going back.

You can't unlove Khushi and you can't take back forgetting your engagement date and then mentioning the other woman's name in your apology to your fiancee for your forgetfulness.

La, peace be with you.  ASR, buckle down buddy, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
Edited by momma1128 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

preetijaiswal19 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
very well put.. cant wait to see what he tells La tomorrow... you cant escape now ASR!
jaswargikoinahi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I'm sure ASR will somehow be able to get out of this one. He's just that charming that way albeit that she is starting to smarten up an see that he is changing I'm sure the business man in him will convince her otherwise. But all things aside I actually am starting to feel bad for her. Not that I don't want Arnav and Khushi to get together but i am feeling bad for la in that she was always just ASRs scapegoat to fill his ego. But all that's changing!! Lard governor is slowly becoming a human with feelings.
jasw thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Absolutely brilliant, momma1128! 

The last scene and it's impact is HUGE! This is the first time Arnav committed two big faux pas! ðŸ˜ƒ 

One absent mindedly fixing his meeting on his engagement date and mistakenly calling La as Khushi. 

His inner turmoils and preoccupation so evident even when he was talking to Aman. First he did not grasp what aman was saying and had to tell him to repeat!! For a person like Arnav, it must be a first. 

I am sure Aman would definitely know his boss has gone for a toss!!😆 On a serious not loved La's expression when she says ASR .. It's Lavanya! 

I think she will be instrumental in making Arnav realize his love for Khushi which Arnav on his own may not dare. 

Love your expressions "with Khushi he has to tiptoe on the emotional eggshells"!

momma1128 thumbnail
@jaswarg - I never felt bad for La until now.  I felt she knew full well what she was getting into with ASR and his unemotional commitment to her.  I felt she knew she was settling for less that what she really wanted emotionally because of the status and everything.  But now, she sees that he is capable of feeling and showing concern - so while she may have been willing to settle if the old ASR was all there was, she is  not going to settle for less than what she now sees he can be. (does that make any flippin sense)

@jasw - She can be instrumental in bringing them together, but first I want her to end it with ASR.  How she brings them together is a big thing.  Does she do it out of friendship or does she notice the missing engagement ring on Khushi's finger and think, oh well - she broke it off and he probably wants to get engaged to her so let me announce they love each other in front of everyone out of revenge ðŸ˜²
jasw thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
momma1128, What I would like her to do is not wait for Khushi's reaction. 

She should break the engagement based only on Arnav's reaction. Today she asks a very important question whether Arnav forgot the engagement date or whether he is not affected by it at all! 

I think the moment she realizes it is the latter she will talk to Arnav and as good friend would point him to the right direction, that is to pursue his love, his Khushi.

Nrp77 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Absolutely agree!!!  Khushi has definitely become his emotional barometer, as well as his moral compass!!!  He just has a hard time accepting it.  He tries to cover it up by saying stupid things like ' how can you just leave like that when there's so much work to be done'...  It's all just a defense mechanism and Lavanya has finally picked up on it.  After today, there is nooo turning back.

Wonder if Lavanya will also realize that ASR moved their engagement date up the day after Khushi told them she is engaged!?!  

Can't wait to watch all of this unfold onscreen!!! 

In the famous words of JBJ (thought of this when you mentioned it being a bumpy ride) :

So hold me close better hang on tight
Buckle up baby, it's a bumpy ride
We're two kids hitching down the road of life
Our world, our fight...
momma1128 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: jasw

momma1128, What I would like her to do is not wait for Khushi's reaction. 

She should break the engagement based only on Arnav's reaction. Today she asks a very important question whether Arnav forgot the engagement date or whether he is not affected by it at all! 

I think the moment she realizes it is the latter she will talk to Arnav and as good friend would point him to the right direction, that is to pursue his love, his Khushi.

I also want her to break it on her own and give a tongue lashing to ASR.  She has walked out before and she can do it again.  At some point though, the truth about the plants has to come out.
SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nicely put Anu...

Yeah Me too never felt bad for dat girl...I thought she can take if the engagement is called off...

Now dat she s being used as a pawn for Philophobic game, I want her 2 walk out on engagement...

She was all happy in her bubble , which was meant to be broken...

He had a heart-to-heart only to find she was not there, She might have realized she was never there!
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
I felt for Lavanya too today but she needed this shock to realize the truth. I've always believed it would be Lavanya who has to figure out the truth, who has to break the engagement. Arnav can live in his denial, he can try to defend what just happened but it'll be of no use. Arnav couldn't have been clearer to Lavanya about how he feels and who he cares about and it isn't her.