Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shiney is an interesting man-Shayali Bhagat

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Why have you chosen a horror flick as your next film?
I had the same question when I was first approached for the film. Even I told myself, 'who wants to act in a horror film?' But when I was given the narration, I liked the subject. It is not just a horror film where you see demons and dead bodies flying and screaming. It is rare in the sense that it is a story of a doctor who believes in ghosts. Science and demons do not go hand-in-hand, but this film shows that and that is why it interested me. After doing the film, I have actually started believing in ghosts. The audience will get to see the movie through my eyes.

So, is it more your film than anybody else in the flick?
The film shows a beautiful romantic relationship between Shiney Ahuja and me. But yes, the narrative is through me. Even in earlier horror films like "Raaz" and "Bhoot", it was Bipasha Basu and Urmila Matondkar who were crucial to the plot. I think women are given more importance in horror flicks because they have varied emotions - love, fear, vengeance - all in extremes.

You made headlines recently with your allegations against some of the big names in the industry. You did clarify but those allegations got Big B to take to a microblogging account and voice his anger.
I am still agitated with the whole episode. I still can't understand why he (Anant Narayan) did it! It appalls me... And not just me, he has done it with so many other celebs. I don't know why he never thought that he could be arrested. I understand Mr Amitabh Bachchan's sentiments. Anybody would have gotten angry. And I think when he posted about the allegations, he was talking about the 'malign' against me and not about me leveling allegations against him. So many names were dragged into it and that night itself (when the news about allegations broke), I made frantic calls to each and every person concerned and clarified that it is not me who has leveled such allegations against them. I am fortunate that they heard me out and understood me. I had a word with Shiney's wife as well.

It must be a relief now that he (Anant) is arrested?
It is, but, like I said, I am yet to recover from the entire episode. I was so mad and felt helpless as I didn't know how to go about stopping him from maligning me further. An actor friend then told me that I should contact the cyber crime cell. I didn't even know that something like cyber crime cell existed and that maligning somebody is a non-bailable offence. After I got to know about it, I took it further.

There were talks that it was all a publicity gimmick...
No, it was not. I have heard about it too. I have heard people saying 'Oh! her film is soon to release, that's why she is doing all these to be in news'! Why would I malign myself to be in the news? It's bizarre. Moreover, my film is releasing in January, so where's the connection? It is wrong to make up stories, you know. I didn't do anything for publicity, otherwise why would I call up every actor who I 'supposedly' maligned and clarify myself and also get Anant arrested? Today, I am scared to Google my name because all my contributions to modeling comes later and all the controversies are on the first page.

Like most celebs, controversies have followed you too... when Sania Mirza and Shoaib Malik tied the knot, you were questioned because you once dated him... why did you answer questions?
Being in the industry for the past seven years, I know what controversies mean. I have accepted the fact they will always keep following us. When Sania and Shoaib got married, I was dragged into the controversy. There was no need for people to question me, but they did and I had to answer because I can't shy away. I am a public person and I understand the importance of media. Even now, as I promote "Ghost", I know I will be asked questions about the allegations and Shiney.

Yes, Shiney... while working with him, did you at any point feel that he was disturbed by all that has happened to him?
Let me tell you first that I was scared of Shiney. I was very apprehensive about whether we will be able to work together or not. I felt uncomfortable for the first two-three days. Then one day, on the sets, I saw him eating a cheesecake. And I went up to him and said, 'I am jealous, because I love cheesecakes'. That broke the ice. I remember that night I called my dad and told him that I think I am now comfortable and see the film happening. It was not because the ice between Shiney and me had broken, but also because I wasn't scared of Shiney anymore, all the fears had gone. We then started talking about films, life and many other subjects off sets. And I realized he is not only an interesting person but also very philosophical. It was very interesting in fact, to discover that we had so many subjects of interest in common.

So, have you also discovered a philosopher who can be with you for the rest of your life?
You are talking about a boyfriend, right? Well, I really don't know whether I have a man in my life or not. Right now I am in a confused state. It's like I am a confused single because things are just starting and I don't know where it is headed. And if you want to know whether he is an actor or not, well, I am not going to tell you that. (laughs).

Edited by JONAKIHATESYOU - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yes, Shiney... while working with him, did you at any point feel that he was disturbed by all that has happened to him?
Let me tell you first that I was scared of Shiney. I was very apprehensive about whether we will be able to work together or not. I felt uncomfortable for the first two-three days. Then one day, on the sets, I saw him eating a cheesecake. And I went up to him and said, 'I am jealous, because I love cheesecakes'. That broke the ice. I remember that night I called my dad and told him that I think I am now comfortable and see the film happening. It was not because the ice between Shiney and me had broken, but also because I wasn't scared of Shiney anymore, all the fears had gone. We then started talking about films, life and many other subjects off sets. And I realized he is not only an interesting person but also very philosophical. It was very interesting in fact, to discover that we had so many subjects of interest in common.

WHAT

THE

f**k 

😕 
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
The day is not far away when we will hear that Shiney is a nobel man.this is how film industry works.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
^^^Yes...if Ghost is a blockbuster then just watch everyone change their tune.
Btw some of Shiney's friends like Anurag Basu have wanted to help him out.
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Shiney looks like a white dude and eats cheesecake----that's all it takes.
He's a good person.🤣
LOLL, damn you cheesecake! 

But what if he wasn't eating cheesecake and something else? Say, french fries. Would that have broken the ice?  
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I hope someone gives the maid a bit part in a film so she and her family can make some good money too.
Sorry, but as an American I'm willing to admit that my family were NOT billionaires from forever but they are still good people so maybe hers are too.
Just a thought.
Edited by youknowme - 12 years ago
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
So after all Shiney has done, he is now an 'interesting' man and even that started because of a cheesecake! Lame story ðŸ¤£
donniedorko thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Sounds like things were handled behind the scenes and someone got Shayali Bhagat to simmer down.  Who knows, who cares, there problems, if they can work it out as grown adults without getting the media involved more power to them.

I see many roles coming her way in the future 😉, just stay quiet girly and your dream of being a Bollywood B level star will come true.

Anant was probably told all this in confidence and released it out to the press for publicity/sympathy, now he is arrested and made the scapegoat.
Edited by donniedorko - 12 years ago
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
If today Shakti Kapoor starts eating cheesecake Shayali would go to him and sit on his lap.