Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

pc17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey people! I'm a new member of this forum but I guess in a sense have been a long-standing silent member. What can I say I have caught the Arhi fever.😛 So inspired by all the fab work on this forum I have decided to do a little writing of my own.  Although I warn you I haven't written anything in a while. Here goes nothing...

That little bit of solace…

A solitary, forlorn figure stood in the rain. He could just about make out the tears streaming down her face but they were steadily mixing in with the rain. The rain of anguish. There she stood, streaks of mascara running down her flushed cheeks, yet he could see she was pale- almost sickly. It tug at his heartstrings. He hesitantly stretched out an arm, desperate to offer some comfort- some solace- but retracted it, a pain-stricken expression plastered on his face.

What would he say? What could he say? He had never been a man of many words. Words failed him and emotions evaded him. He had put up a faade- a stony cold persona-to become devoid of any of the exact emotions he was feeling right this moment. Damn this was why he hated feeling (to put it in her terms, "feel"). It was so frigging troublesome just like her…

Arnav sighed and ran his hand through his hair. He remembered the way he had lost control, so worried he had been restless in trying her phone for the umpteenth time since she left the mansion several hours ago. Why he had been so worried was not something he wished to ponder on, afraid of what may be the answer. All he knew was that by the time he had tried her mobile for the fifth time and Di had spoken to the Gupta household and realised the girl was nowhere to be found, he had rushed out of the house, not giving so much as a second glance to anyone in his way asking him where he was going. Hell he had no blooming idea himself where he was going! He just had to find her.

He had been driving around for an hour with no luck. At his wit's end, he pulled the car over and banged the steering wheel in frustration. He reclined back in his seat and sighed, covering his eyes with his arm. The rain, now beating down relentlessly, was obscuring his vision. The pounding of the rain on his windscreen mirrored that of his heartbeat. The need to see her, to check if she was okay was all consuming. How could the sight of tears coming from those hazel eyes affect him so much? Heck, how could he let them affect him so much? He thought back to her helpless frail figure that was clutching his arm earlier on, clinging on desperately to someone for support. Arnav had come to accept that he couldn't see her cry or sad and it made it worse that most of the time she was crying because of him. Then he mentioned her fianc… Dammit! That bas***d had better not laid a hand on her. He definitely would not stand for anyone else inflicting any pain on her. Thud! He fisted the steering wheel harder this time, ignoring the throbbing pain in his hand.

Arnav looked around him, desperate for some sign or the other. He noticed he had involuntarily driven to the mandir. Hmm…God still not on my side huh? He was about to restart the engine when he saw her….

He breathed deep breaths. For the first time, he was going to not over-think things- she needed him, end of. He slowly but purposely walked the final stretch. The sound of her muffled sobs, only agonizing him further.

"Khushi?" it was a soft whisper, meant to be comforting but it came out strangled. It was almost inaudible but she had heard it.

Her big blood-shot eyes met him, wide in shock, and his heart skipped a beat. What she did next shocked him. She hugged him for dear life, her crying becoming bolder and louder.

"Shhh…" He hugged him even tighter.

Arnav knew what he must do. He would not make the same mistake twice- a lot had happened since that day in hospital. He wanted to be there for her, tell her everything would be okay, make sure that sparkling smile normally adorning her face never left ever again. For his own sake, for his own sanity… 

With that he clutched her tiny soft being against his own hard form, moulding her to himself and just held her what seemed like hours.

Two figures stood in the pouring rain heart-broken, holding onto each other for that little bit of solace. 

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. 😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smileyhug7679 thumbnail
wow  that was really good ,,,,,,
finally he hugged back
i am so happy :-))))
--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Beautiful...well written...you should definitely write more!!
..Damsel.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
omg, this was fab...loved it...you should write more 
Dee- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Very well written ! You should write more
shaz01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
u should definitely write MORE and MORE OFTEN lol

u hav a great gift of words...awesome OS!!!
Lekshmic7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome; too good!! Do write more dear!!
.Saraa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
it was good.nd ya i really njoyed reading it
Jasleen thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Cute OS! Really wish we had seen a proper Arhi hug!
--BSI-FaNaTic-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
awesome well written... 👏