Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

VirMan SS: Yeh Pal (last part: pg.11)

maankigeet4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey all..Reya here again..after the maha sad OS i posted last week, i am here with a short story, it's also a old piece of mine but one of my personal fav..So here it is 😊. Do leave your thoughts..

IMP NOTE: for PMs and to be added to the PM list for VirMan works...please add the ID: ReyaPM.i will be using that ID to send PMS for ehmmbh readers...so please add me so it's easier 😊

Scroll down for part 1 :)
part 2: pg:7 
part 3: pg:11

Edited by maankigeet4ever - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maanvi ran up the staircase decorated with garlands of flowers and lights of the Mehta house of what is considered a lavish house in Toronto, Canada checking everything one last time before the groom Viren Maltorta brought the barat with his family to marry her best friend/ sister Jeevika. Viren, Jeevika and Maanvi had always known as the inseparable trio being the best of friends ever since they became friends in grade twelve when Jeevika and Maanvi had come to Canada and joined Bayview High school. Of course, friendship over time bloomed into love for Jeevika and Viren and Maanvi wouldn't have been happier that her two besties were marrying each other. Now after ten years of friendship, love and of course fights; they were ready to give it the name of marriage.

Maanvi and Jeevika had been the best of friends even since they met in second grade of school. Maanvi had always been the loud, friendly social girl who had stepped up to be friends with Jeevika on her first day in school when they use to live in Chandigarh. Now years later, they were now in Canada and the Mehtas had adopted Maanvi after the tragedy.

Maanvi sighed as she saw Jeevika's bridal dress laid out for her to wear once she got her make-up done. It made her wish that he was here too; and if he was here today then she would be wearing the red bridal dress she had once promised she would only wear for him. Ten years ago, She would have only been his bride but now.

"Maanvi beta, remember to bring the platters of rose petals.", her mother hollered. I snapped out of my thoughts as i heard my mother and wiped the tears that had snuck out without my permission.

"Ji Ma, I am coming.", I yelled back. I quickly grabbed one of the platters of rose petals for the welcome of groom and company.

"Maanvi beta hurry up, they are going to be here any minute", my mother Pinky called again.

"Mummy, your Maanoo is coming.", I yelled loud enough so she would hear me.

I half-ran and half- walked with the platter in my hands, "Dabbu, bring the rest of the platters down with your gang.", I instructed my fifteen- year old brother as I passed him in the hall.

"Ji Didi, coming in two minutes.", he replied back obediently but then went back to his iPhone game as his friends hovered around him.

I kept walking forward approaching the stairs and turned to look back to yell, "NOW Dabbu"

He immediately put his phone away, "Yes Didi",he said with a fearful voice and ran with his friends to the other room. Not looking forward, I suddenly collided with a hard chest, as I was about to fall; the platter jumped up from my hands into the air as I attempted to save myself from falling backwards. Unknowingly, I let out a small yelp, as I feared a fall. My eyes closed shut as I fell backwards; just then in the nick of time, strong hands gripped my bare waist to save me and I crashed against his chest once again. Rose petals rained on us I felt the soft petals brushing my skin and the clinking of metal platter falling off to the side.

I drew in the scent of him as I held onto his arms; not just his cologne, which was my favourite but also, his own intoxicating scent. It smelled exactly the same as it had ten years ago; the last time I drew in his scent at the beach.

I felt his warm hands on my waist as he held me tight against his chest; I ran my hands over his muscled built chest unaware of it myself reliving the memories of being cuddled in his strong arms.

I kept my eyes squeezed shut refusing to open them; fearing if I opened my eyes then he would disappear; just like he disappeared every morning.

"Bandrayia", he whispered softly as he plucked off one of the rose petals resting my neck.

No, it can be, it just can't be. He can't be here, I thought myself. But despite my best efforts, my eyes fluttered open slowly as I stared into his intense chocolate eyes; the eyes that had always spoke me.

"Virat", I whispered unable to believe my eyes as I took my hand to his cheek and felt the light stubble I loved on him.

I couldn't believe I Virat Singh Vadhera was sneaking into the bride's house right before the wedding..and for what..for a letter my stupid friend Viren gave for his bride; my best friend of five years. We hit off in the 1st year of MBA in London even when we were extreme opposites; him being the loud social one and I being the quiet and not so social one. I guess it balanced out as he did most of the talking for me, the partying for me, etc (you seem to get the gist of it). Even after MBA wrapped up and I headed to Chandigarh and him back to Canada; we had managed to stay in touch. I knew the love he had for his girlfriend but I didn't know he would finally tie the knot. So when he called two weeks saying he needed his best man in Canada; I couldn't hardly say no even though I had just come yesterday and missed most of the wedding rituals because of the business meetings I had. Even now, it was hard to believe that I was a successful businessman with my company when ten years ago I was singing part time at a club and studying for Beej and myself. Even MBA in London had been a full scholarship I had received.

I didn't even know anything about his bride other than her name Jeevika; it reminded me of her best friend whose name was also Jeevika. I sighed to myself; I could never forget anything connected to her.

Being his best man; I wasn't able to refuse when he asked me to deliver a love letter to his bride. Now what could be so important that couldn't wait till after the wedding that I couldn't understand. But I had been instructed to find Jeevika's brother Dabbu who would deliver the letter since he was the only one I met at yesterday's bachelor party.

I had walked in with one of the basket that other guys were carrying hoping to blend in, saying namasate to people I didn't know. I ran up the stairs looking back hoping to be out before anyone caught me.

Just then, I ran into a petite female body, she let up a small yelp as she threw the platter up. I stared at her unable to believe my eyes. I instantly held her slim waist as I saved her from falling; for the millionth time. I held her midair as I continued to stare at her. She kept her eyes shut tight as she ran her soft hand over my chest and then placed against my cheek. I sighed against her touch after ten years. She slowly opened her eyes and I stared into her captivating hazel eyes.

"Bandrayia", I whispered as I reached to take off one of the rose petals on her neck.

"Virat", she whispered softly as if she was living in a dream.

And suddenly the ten years of separation disappeared as they were in each other's arms.

Flashback (10 years ago in Chandigarh. = Virat and Maanvi both 17 years)

I quickly looked at my watch as I got off my motorcycle and as I parked in the parking lot of the beach. Crap, I was late and Maanvi was going to kill me, I thought as I ran towards our spot on the beach. I saw her back as she faced the water as her open hair danced with the fast breeze; it was a cold day for September. I braced myself for her anger as I sat next to her on the bench. I reached to hold her hand that was resting on the bench but she flinched it away as she continued to look at the water.

"Maanvi, look baby, I am sorry I am late. You see I got caught up with--", I tried to explain but she got up and to walk towards the water.

"Listen na", I said as I ran after her. I turned her around and looked at her face in shock. Instead of the anger I expectted to see on her for being late for our usual meeting; there were tears running down her pretty face.

I instantly cradled her face as I wiped her face, "what's wrong Maanvi? Why are you crying?" I asked with worry.

She shrugged my hands away as she turned away again, "Maanvi---"

"It's over Virat", she said simply almost emotionless and started to walk towards the parking.

"What...What's over? What are you talking about?", I asked in confusion trying to read her eyes.

"Us", she said with tears flooding down her cheek. I hastened to wipe them off but her tears kept flowing.

I couldn't believe her words, I walked up to her and turned her around, "what are you talking about Maanvi?", I asked but she gave no answers as she cried silently. "How can you end the friendship we have had since we were six? How can you end the love we confessed to each other when we were only thirteen? How can you Maanvi?", I asked shaking her shoulders demanding a answer.

"Virat, I have no choice.", she said between her tears as she crumbled to fall on her knees.

"Maanvi", I whispered softly as I took her into my embrace holding her tight, afraid to let her go.

She held onto my arms as she sobbed, "Virat, I am sorry, I am so sorry. Dad found out about us and...", she trailed off unable to utter the truth.

"And he being the rich business man that he is refuses to get you married off to a orphan who is supporting himself and his Dadi with a part time singing job while he studies.", I finished off her words.

She just nodded, as she held onto me tighter. "I am sorry Virat, I couldn't fight for us. I love you but you know how Dad's health is...he...he can suffer from another heart attack..and the doctors..."

"Shhh Maanvi..i know. I know you love your family very much.", I said as I comforted her while my own heart was being ripped into shreds.

"But Virat, I love you too", she said as she cupped my face and looked into my eyes with her blurred vision.

"I know Bandrayia, I know", I whispered softly as tears came into my eyes.

We sat in each other arms for as long as we could have; before Maanvi had to go home.

I looked at the now darkened sky and knew it was time for farewell. I looked down at Maanvi who was resting her head on my shoulder with her closed eyes as she held on to my hands.

"Maanvi, it's late; you need to go home.", I whispered softly.

She suddenly opened her eyes as if she was woken up from a dream. Tears filled her eyes once again as she took in my words.

I helped her to her feet, as I looked her at her trying to memorize everything about he as she tried to the same while she held my face. I kissed her forehead, her eyes, her cheeks and her nose; every part of her face except her lips not taking the liberty. She cradled my face in her hand as she pressed our foreheads together.

"I love you Maanvi.I love you, I always have and I always will. This heart only belongs to you Maanvi ", I whispered in her ear as I hugged her as close as possible.

"I love you too Virat", she kissed my cheek and placed against her cheek as she tightened her arms around my shoulder standing on her tiptoes to reach my height.

"Now go Maanvi before I lose the courage to let you go.", I said as i stepped back and immediately missed her warmth as the cold breeze blew around me.

She nodded as she turned to walk away and slowly let go to my hand. I watched her walk away as tears ran down my cheeks.

She then suddenly turned around and ran back into my arms, I held on to her as we both cried; her with loud sobs and I with silent tears. She tiptoed to brush her lips against mine very lightly almost like a feather.

Then without another word, she turned and ran. I watched her retreating back until I could longer see her. Then I crashed down to the sand as I sobbed my heart for the only girl l loved; the girl I lost.

Flashback end

"Didi, are you okay?", Dabbu asked as he came with a platter of petals. We suddenly snapped out of our own world. He quickly straightened our posture and took his hands of my waist. I straightened my outfit and hair in haste as I fumbled to explain.

"Umm actually Dabbu, I was about to fall and this gentleman saved me.", I explained refusing to glance in his direction so I don't know how he reacted as I referred to him as gentleman.

"Ohh okay but Virat bhayia, what are you doing here?", Dabbu asked him.

"How do you know him?', I asked in confusion because Dabbu had never met Virat and he was only five when we came to Canada.

"We met yesterday at Viren's party.", Virat explained.

"But Bhayia, what are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to here later with the barat best man?", Dabbu asked with a chuckle.

I was confused; Virat was suppose to be the best man at Viren's wedding; how could that be? How did Viren and Virat meet ?

"Maanvi beta.", Mom called from downstairs.

We looked at each other in panic, as we feared mom coming upstairs. Virat quickly took out a paper and put into my hand; I shivered at the slight touch as I looked at him in confusion.

"Give this to Jeevika, Viren sent it for her.", he explained quickly.

"Come on bhayia, we will get you out of here.", Dabbu said as he led Virat the other way.

"Maanvi beta, come downstairs, I need your help.", Mom called again.

"Coming Mom", I yelled back. i gasped when i realized what i had said; I started down the stairs as I turned my head to look at Virat's astonished face.

I knew what he was thinking; who was I calling Mom when my own parents were dead? 

Let me know how you all liked it...do like and comment 😊

**NOTE: add ID: ReyaPM for future PMs..thank u :)

Love,

Reya <3

Edited by maankigeet4ever - 12 years ago
mayur247 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing start!!! please continue soon! Do PM me when you update! 😃
KSG_luv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Wow just perfect full
Of drama and love this is exactly beautiful I've written such an amazing peice

Plz pm me wen u update

Loved it to the damn hell
Piya.D thumbnail
i love it
it's really different concept and i really think u should cont plz plz plz do if u do plz pm me❤️
ashred12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
interesting...pls pm me wen u update...i hope it is not a sad one.. :)
Originally posted by: -Talli-

Seriously, I Loved It To The Core.. You Are An Awesome Writer.. Can't Wait For The Next Part.. Continue Soon And Please PM Me When You Do..

Thanks hun :) glad u liked the start...thanks for sending the invite..i accepted it😊

Reya <3
Originally posted by: mayur247

Amazing start!!! please continue soon! Do PM me when you update! 😃

Thanks hun...glad u liked it...sent u a invite with my PM ID :)

Reya <3
Originally posted by: Brklyn_gal

Wow just perfect full
Of drama and love this is exactly beautiful I've written such an amazing peice

Plz pm me wen u update

Loved it to the damn hell

Thankkkooo😳...sent u a invite with my PM ID :)

Reya <3
Originally posted by: maanviluvzvirat

i love it

it's really different concept and i really think u should cont plz plz plz do if u do plz pm me❤️

Thanks for liking it 😳...sent u my PM ID request :) 

Reya <3