Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: DiyaS

Awesome post, Shwets ... hmm, all the points you brought up really fit Shyam to the T ... including the over-confidence. Also, most psychopaths that I have read about DON'T have a valid reason for their behaviour, or at least not a reason that any sane person would call valid. After reading your post, I did some research of my own (kya karoon, aadat se majboor!)

"Likeable," "Charming," "Intelligent," "Alert," "Impressive," "Confidence-inspiring," and "A great success with the ladies": often found as descriptions of psychopaths.
But the defining traits, from what I read, are two or three - shallow emotions, to the point of a lack of emotions, and a lack of conscience - they simply do not believe that what they are doing is wrong. which is why it's difficult to correct them or cure them - their main motivation is not to improve, but merely a desire not to get caught. Interestingly, most are not violent, they turn to violence only if unsuccessful, they are much more likely to be cunning and manipulative, and their high verbal intelligence and superfical charm helps their manipulative powers.
Again, fits Shyam, he has been violent only with Shashi, because Shashi caught him out. Now Khushi has, but she is safer, because with her, the entire Gupta family has found out his lies.

Another interesting trait is  a need for stimulation and being prone to boredom - living on the edge, manipulating, lying, cheating, because they actually enjoy doing it. Again, fits Shyam - he's cheating on Anjali because he's bored with her (now that one is actually understandable! Poor Anjali!) ... and not because he's fallen out of love with her ... he was never in love with her at all.

They also DON'T appear to have any long term goals and live day to day ... they don't think about the future ... something which has always bothered me about Shyam - as to HOW he expected to get away with his plans of marrying Khushi !

And yes, hair trigger temper is another feature, poor behavioural control as you said  ... that's another very common feature, especially when their plans don't work out. And we've seen that with Shyam a couple of times, when he beat up the rickshawvala and the doctor.

There are lots more that I read and they do fit Shyam ... to keep this post short and stop people falling asleep, I'm leaving them out! πŸ˜›

DTeacher ... am not familiar with narcissistic personality disorder, however I agree many of these personality disorders do show overlap and need a long period of observation to accurately define which one it is ... but as the treatment is pretty similar, it may be a matter of semantics at the end of the day. But judging from the common traits I read, the cv's do seem to have done some homework into this character after all (surprise, surprise! πŸ˜†)

Someone mentioned DSM IV - apparently from DSM III onwards, psychopath is no longer used as a diagnosis, the term is now "anti-social personality disorder".

Sush ... another feature is that they lie compulsively, but NOT very intelligently ... so increase the chances of their being found out ... as happened with Shyam ... all his lies finally caught up with him.

Shwets ... you made a geeky post, and asked me to comment ... sorry, I made it even more geeky! 😳 😲

Phew! DIya, I was wondering what your analysis of my post will say and I'm relieved to see that you you did not rip it to shreds πŸ˜†, since you're a doctor.

I researched and presented the facts that caught my eye and as a novice in Psychology was worried if it would sit right or not! And judging from the responses I got, including yours, I'm happy to see that my post did make some sense...😊

@ bold in red: some very good explanation for Shyam's behavior...

Diya, I had left out some information for fear that people would get bored...but by adding more relevant information you've made me happy!

Thanks for your valuable input...πŸ˜ƒ

-Eris- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Great analysis. He s the perfect text book psychopath
sbk2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: vibz88

Great analysis. He s the perfect text book psychopath

Thanks vibz! πŸ˜Š
vasiraju thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh swetha dearπŸ€—πŸ‘
Great research and Analysis.yeah shyam smooth,clean and dangerous Psychopath.
He is parasite who is always depended on the wife and brother in laws money,Lust for a women.
Keeps himself safe mode by tagging himself as good lawyer who helps people.
I don't know in real world  we really come across these psychopath,i am really scared some times what happens to the people who are victim's to these type of people.
i am really worried about Kushi and Anjali,both the ladies are innocent,kindhearted, sensitive.Both of them some how related to Arnav,really happy that Arnav has the ability and Cold heart when it comes to deal with Shyam the psychopath.
Here we can See arrogant,ruthless,Cold hearted ASR  to face the Shyam and kill the psychopath not physically it should be mentally, economically,socially.he has to remove the name of shyam in the society.
I really want to see true colors OF ASR  when dealing with Shyam not soft cornered Arnav. 
In telugu there is a saying"Muluni muluthone teyali"means "kante ko kantese he nikalana chaheye",i think you heard about this,really waiting for ASR  reactions for Shyam.πŸ˜‰
Edited by vasiraju - 12 years ago
scarletaura thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Liked your Psycopati Analysis!

Based on 4Lions other show which I have not seen (except for a few epis) but based on the storyline.. 

I'm full of trepidation for the future track involving Shyam. 

What is likely:

They will probably show Shyam as a reformed character from Snake To Snake Charmer and allow him to co-exist with the other bakras in the RM and have the Jalebis that newly married Khushi (to the Hotwa ofcourse) makes in a family bonding session.. 

What I would like to see:

Arnav making a leather handbag out of Shyam's hide and Anjali should catwalk with the snake print handbag in The Raizada Fashion Show!

(HAND -bag.. also perfect revenge for SHASHI.. Pls. Refer my 2.5Li to thees Post)

-Eris- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
The snake has done his research well.he portrays the character so well
anodaksgfan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
shweta!great post!!!
shyam is yuck!!
like abhas's acting thougH!
sbk2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: vasiraju

Oh swetha dearπŸ€—πŸ‘

Great research and Analysis.yeah shyam smooth,clean and dangerous Psychopath.
He is parasite who is always depended on the wife and brother in laws money,Lust for a women.
Keeps himself safe mode by tagging himself as good lawyer who helps people.
I don't know in real world  we really come across these psychopath,i am really scared some times what happens to the people who are victim's to these type of people.
i am really worried about Kushi and Anjali,both the ladies are innocent,kindhearted, sensitive.Both of them some how related to Arnav,really happy that Arnav has the ability and Cold heart when it comes to deal with Shyam the psychopath.
Here we can See arrogant,ruthless,Cold hearted ASR  to face the Shyam and kill the psychopath not physically it should be mentally, economically,socially.he has to remove the name of shyam in the society.
I really want to see true colors OF ASR  when dealing with Shyam not soft cornered Arnav. 
In telugu there is a saying"Muluni muluthone teyali"means "kante ko kantese he nikalana chaheye",i think you heard about this,really waiting for ASR  reactions for Shyam.πŸ˜‰

Lucky meri jaan..πŸ€—

I'm glad you read it and posted your reply...
ASR's reactions tab dekhne ko milenge jab use pata chalega...his sister and his future wife are protecting the Snake for now 
sbk2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: scarletaura

Liked your Psycopati Analysis!

Based on 4Lions other show which I have not seen (except for a few epis) but based on the storyline.. 

I'm full of trepidation for the future track involving Shyam. 

What is likely:

They will probably show Shyam as a reformed character from Snake To Snake Charmer and allow him to co-exist with the other bakras in the RM and have the Jalebis that newly married Khushi (to the Hotwa ofcourse) makes in a family bonding session.. 

What I would like to see:

Arnav making a leather handbag out of Shyam's hide and Anjali should catwalk with the snake print handbag in The Raizada Fashion Show!

(HAND -bag.. also perfect revenge for SHASHI.. Pls. Refer my 2.5Li to thees Post)

Laali,

Shyam is definitely going to continue living peacefully in RM..

Your handbag idea is brilliant...magar aisa hoga nahin πŸ˜”
We all know it...at least itni jaldi toh nahin.

Thanks for replying Laali πŸ˜Š