Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Gray's Anatomy - Analysis of Shyam's Behavior! - Page 5

sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: cindrella255

Shwets Wat makes u think dat I like dis character just becoz I drool on him and I cannot take his weakness?! Am I dat I sounding dat immature?! Is it my DP?!
And I don't expect drooling posts from u...

Yeah I accept...I don't curse him to rot in hell when he behaves likes a monster or I cannot take a 18 year old doing some tricks dat r not even fit for 10 years ( I confess I poured sugar syrup on cousin's pants  after a silly sight but I can b forgiven since I was 6 year old thenπŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†)
But I never justified him...Well, its ur POV and I respect it πŸ˜ƒ

Sharmi,

I apologize for putting you in that group...yes yaar, I do know ki tu kaisi hai πŸ˜ƒ πŸ€—

LIke I said, in my post above, I'll write something and PM you...

And...SAY WHAT?! Tune sugar ka syrup kisi ke pant par daala? πŸ˜†
Naughty girl! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: sbk2

Sharmi,
I apologize for putting you in that group...yes yaar, I do know ki tu kaisi hai πŸ˜ƒ πŸ€—

LIke I said, in my post above, I'll write something and PM you...

And...SAY WHAT?! Tune sugar ka syrup kisi ke pant par daala? πŸ˜†
Naughty girl! 

πŸ€—  πŸ€—
πŸ€—Awww Swetshy...no need for apologies...

I do not accept his behaviour...but I do not hate him for doing dat πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I thought it wud b a gr8 punishment for my then 8 year old cousin 🀣

p.s- I can't believe my typos...I need 2 get a grip!
Edited by cindrella255 - 12 years ago
Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome post my dear ShwetaπŸ‘πŸ‘...well-researched and to the point.

I agree with your conclusions...there is definitely something "off" about Shyam. Compulsive lying and lusting after young girls doesn't necessarily a psychoptath make...but in this case, his brutality against Shashiji and his merciless attempted murder, change the whole equation and all of a sudden we realize that we are faced with a Greater Evil. This is no garden variety stalker...plus, his unshaking belief in his own powers...you have to notice that all through the grand revelation and Khushi's interminable walk on the terrace towards him...he didn't break...perturbed yes, but he didn't crumble...he continued the farce...and then that stunt in front of the lorry...and then his self-initiated confrontation with the Guptas...all of this points towards an unshaken belief in his own grandiosity and the ability to coldly, without any emotions or fear, tackle the situation.

He is not your ordinary villian...and is capable of inflicting great harm.

Thanks for bringing out attention to this important reality. You are going great guns!!!πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒβ­οΈ

sbk2 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Shwetha!

Wow, the CVs would bookmark this post and refer to it I am sure for future Shyam scenes. Great job.  Thanks Shwetha..

Shyam confessing in front of the Guptas surprised me too, never expected that.

His truth is out so it is a fight for survival. This guy predates on the people's goodness, trust - Like Anjali, Guptas.

He will take extra good care of Anjali infront of the Raizadas now.

Now that Khushi knows his truth, there is no need for him to hide. So  you can bet we will be seeing more of Shyam in the RM than we can stomach.  True!

While he is working on further cementing his place in the RM, my guess he will be slowly working on discrediting Khushi & her family. He has two major weapons here - Anjali and Mami.

Khushi mostly will keep mum about Shyam's truth. When the truth is out to the R Family the person who will take the fall will be Khushi.  Exactly my thoughts...no one will believe her, especially if Shyam has already manipulated the situation to his advantage!

Guptas will conveniently plead innocence saying they had asked Khushi to tell the truth (Never mind the fact that they let such a serious issue being dealt by a 20  year old without any elder support).

The R family will not believe Khushi and Arnav well even if he believes Khushi in all this will be furious with Khushi for not telling him about Shyam - putting her di's marriage ahead of his di's.  That's what I fear too...if it comes to choosing between his sister and Khushi...I will pick his sister - that is my feeling.

She is no way prepared for this psycho Shyam as you rightly said she needs all the support from Devi maiyya & Arnav. The big question is will she get it at the right time, Hope so.

I'm sure there'll be a period of time when Arnav will doubt her...as much as I hate the thought of it...after all, this is his sister's matter. It would be a pleasant surprise if the creatives show a different positive spin to the story, at least from Arnav's side!

Thanks for replying Shwetha...πŸ˜ƒ
-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wow Shwetsy!!! Nicely researched...
Shyamu is a  psychopath...But I think he may not be as intelligent as we give him credit for...He has gotten lucky a number of times...but this time his luck ran out and Khushi found him...When will Arnie find outis the question...πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by MsUniverse - 12 years ago
Priya_128 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
just when i thought u were doing this to take my mind of the *not to be mentioned* and giving me articles abt mcsteamyyy !  

buhahahhaha...very welll put shwetsy...hes all of that and above ! 
but i still dont find it very logical without a backstory ! this is one thing zain renu, and i have been muddling over since the beginning of time ! why is shyam shyam...there has to be a logical reason somewhere...why does he want what he does...and what does he want ! he says he want smoney...stays in some guesthouse...he says he loves kkg...but wont divorce his wife and wants to marry the second one too...they are 20 mins away from each other...still he thinks he can get away with it ! and all his new lies...does he think guptas wont say anything...im thoroughly conphuseddd !!

a good villain i ALWAYS love...i admire the clinical approach and the well thought out schemes. it takes brains to do that...and very few can pull of a good negative character. but this one...cartooon + butler...god knows who wrote his sketch...#fail

super post shwetsy...u are becoming a master of these :)

@ella : And his soliloquy with Shashi s the most painful thing...and yeah! I remember him talking with chairs and Kh's foto ...character establishment?! 

what are you saying...how could u say that the daily coffeee with shashi was painful...did u not seee how much he emoted in those scenes...they were the gems...aaah the good old days...

@shyam talking to furniture : maybe hes affected by talking to WOHden people...wht are the chances... :P 
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Awesome post, Shwets ... hmm, all the points you brought up really fit Shyam to the T ... including the over-confidence. Also, most psychopaths that I have read about DON'T have a valid reason for their behaviour, or at least not a reason that any sane person would call valid. After reading your post, I did some research of my own (kya karoon, aadat se majboor!)

"Likeable," "Charming," "Intelligent," "Alert," "Impressive," "Confidence-inspiring," and "A great success with the ladies": often found as descriptions of psychopaths.
But the defining traits, from what I read, are two or three - shallow emotions, to the point of a lack of emotions, and a lack of conscience - they simply do not believe that what they are doing is wrong. which is why it's difficult to correct them or cure them - their main motivation is not to improve, but merely a desire not to get caught. Interestingly, most are not violent, they turn to violence only if unsuccessful, they are much more likely to be cunning and manipulative, and their high verbal intelligence and superfical charm helps their manipulative powers.
Again, fits Shyam, he has been violent only with Shashi, because Shashi caught him out. Now Khushi has, but she is safer, because with her, the entire Gupta family has found out his lies.

Another interesting trait is  a need for stimulation and being prone to boredom - living on the edge, manipulating, lying, cheating, because they actually enjoy doing it. Again, fits Shyam - he's cheating on Anjali because he's bored with her (now that one is actually understandable! Poor Anjali!) ... and not because he's fallen out of love with her ... he was never in love with her at all.

They also DON'T appear to have any long term goals and live day to day ... they don't think about the future ... something which has always bothered me about Shyam - as to HOW he expected to get away with his plans of marrying Khushi !

And yes, hair trigger temper is another feature, poor behavioural control as you said  ... that's another very common feature, especially when their plans don't work out. And we've seen that with Shyam a couple of times, when he beat up the rickshawvala and the doctor.

There are lots more that I read and they do fit Shyam ... to keep this post short and stop people falling asleep, I'm leaving them out! πŸ˜›

DTeacher ... am not familiar with narcissistic personality disorder, however I agree many of these personality disorders do show overlap and need a long period of observation to accurately define which one it is ... but as the treatment is pretty similar, it may be a matter of semantics at the end of the day. But judging from the common traits I read, the cv's do seem to have done some homework into this character after all (surprise, surprise! πŸ˜†)

Someone mentioned DSM IV - apparently from DSM III onwards, psychopath is no longer used as a diagnosis, the term is now "anti-social personality disorder".

Sush ... another feature is that they lie compulsively, but NOT very intelligently ... so increase the chances of their being found out ... as happened with Shyam ... all his lies finally caught up with him.

Shwets ... you made a geeky post, and asked me to comment ... sorry, I made it even more geeky! 😳 😲

Edited by DiyaS - 12 years ago
sbk2 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Vistaa

Awesome post my dear ShwetaπŸ‘πŸ‘...well-researched and to the point.

I agree with your conclusions...there is definitely something "off" about Shyam. Compulsive lying and lusting after young girls doesn't necessarily a psychoptath make...but in this case, his brutality against Shashiji and his merciless attempted murder, change the whole equation and all of a sudden we realize that we are faced with a Greater Evil. This is no garden variety stalker...plus, his unshaking belief in his own powers...you have to notice that all through the grand revelation and Khushi's interminable walk on the terrace towards him...he didn't break...perturbed yes, but he didn't crumble...he continued the farce...and then that stunt in front of the lorry...and then his self-initiated confrontation with the Guptas...all of this points towards an unshaken belief in his own grandiosity and the ability to coldly, without any emotions or fear, tackle the situation.

He is not your ordinary villian...and is capable of inflicting great harm.

Thanks for bringing out attention to this important reality. You are going great guns!!!πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒβ­οΈ

Hi Visi πŸ€—

@ bold: true that!

Thanks for replying Dear! And thanks for the encouragement!

sbk2 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MsUniverse

Wow Shwetsy!!! Nicely researched...

Shyamu is a  psychopath...But I think he may not be as intelligent as we give him credit for...He has gotten lucky a number of times...but this time his luck ran out and Khushi found him...When will Arnie find outis the question...πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks Sush! πŸ˜ƒ

True, he has luck on his side up till now...as far as intelligence is concerned, I think the correct word for him would be 'clever'...owing to the situations he got under control that had threatened to go out of control (Anjali finding out about the ring, his on the spur cooked up excuses and exits whenever Khushi came close to spotting him at RM).

sbk2 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Priya_128

just when i thought u were doing this to take my mind of the *not to be mentioned* and giving me articles abt mcsteamyyy !  

buhahahhaha...very welll put shwetsy...hes all of that and above ! 
but i still dont find it very logical without a backstory ! this is one thing zain renu, and i have been muddling over since the beginning of time ! why is shyam shyam...there has to be a logical reason somewhere...why does he want what he does...and what does he want ! he says he want smoney...stays in some guesthouse...he says he loves kkg...but wont divorce his wife and wants to marry the second one too...they are 20 mins away from each other...still he thinks he can get away with it ! and all his new lies...does he think guptas wont say anything...im thoroughly conphuseddd !!

a good villain i ALWAYS love...i admire the clinical approach and the well thought out schemes. it takes brains to do that...and very few can pull of a good negative character. but this one...cartooon + butler...god knows who wrote his sketch...#fail

super post shwetsy...u are becoming a master of these :)

@ella : And his soliloquy with Shashi s the most painful thing...and yeah! I remember him talking with chairs and Kh's foto ...character establishment?! 

what are you saying...how could u say that the daily coffeee with shashi was painful...did u not seee how much he emoted in those scenes...they were the gems...aaah the good old days...

@shyam talking to furniture : maybe hes affected by talking to WOHden people...wht are the chances... :P 

Priye: 

@ bold in red...Awww thanks πŸ€—

@ bold in black: check out Diya's post below yours...she's given an answer to the lack of logic and reasons behind his behavior...

Yaar, ASR, Khushi ke baare mein bahut saare posts parhe, I thought it would be a change to analyze Shyam in a different way, other than calling him "Snake".
Whether we like it or not, he is the main villain at this point in the story and a dangerous one, and someone who cannot be ignored...