Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DTeacher thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Hmmm. 

Difficult one this to answer honestly. πŸ˜•

One would need to observe and question/test the patient on a one-to-one basis over a period of time before declaring such a strongly defined statement. It's easy for us to recognise (or at least assume to...) certain tendencies or characteristics we might associate with a psychopath but the truth is that it is a complex field and it would be too easy for us to attach a label without truly understanding the intricacies of such a blunt declaration.

Shyam is certainly egocentric and displays worrying signs of selfishness and lack of moral fibre. There are one or two other 'indications' which others have alluded to, which allow me to state the following, but it is incumbent upon me to categorically state that this is not an accurate evaluation of what is, after all, a fictional character in a TV serial. πŸ˜†

Nevertheless, I would hazard a guess (note: only a guess or supposition and that merely to answer a hypothetical question on a fan forum, asked by a buddie πŸ˜†) that Shyam may have a narcissistic personality disorder.

You'll have to make do with that for now, my dear friend Shweta! πŸ˜‰ 

sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: DTeacher

Hmmm. 

Difficult one this to answer honestly. πŸ˜•

One would need to observe and question/test the patient on a one-to-one basis over a period of time before declaring such a strongly defined statement. It's easy for us to recognise (or at least assume to...) certain tendencies or characteristics we might associate with a psychopath but the truth is that it is a complex field and it would be too easy for us to attach a label without truly understanding the intricacies of such a blunt declaration.

Shyam is certainly egocentric and displays worrying signs of selfishness and lack of moral fibre. There are one or two other 'indications' which others have alluded to, which allow me to state the following, but it is incumbent upon me to categorically state that this is not an accurate evaluation of what is, after all, a fictional character in a TV serial. πŸ˜†

Nevertheless, I would hazard a guess (note: only a guess or supposition and that merely to answer a hypothetical question on a fan forum, asked by a buddie πŸ˜†) that Shyam may have a narcissistic personality disorder.

You'll have to make do with that for now, my dear friend Shweta! πŸ˜‰ 

Oh Wow! Perhaps I need to add a disclaimer in the post that it is my personal opinion and has not been approved by the International Association for Psychological Science...

Thanks for your insightful reply!

Edit: Added a disclaimer at the top...don't want anyone getting off the deep end of a post made solely for entertainment and discussion among friends...😊
Edited by sbk2 - 12 years ago
DammitASR thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Nice work Shweta.

I am wondering what DSM IV criteria (stands for Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th Edition. used to  diagnose such disorders in the USA ) would fit ODB. He certainly is complex enough to warrant an thorough analysis.

@ DTeacher: Care to weigh in?
nyxx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Looking at your title, I thought you were going to write about McSteamy or Mcdreamy! lol!

However, youre analysis of that Snakewa is bingo and perfectly correct! He is a pyshco for sure, and eventually, all his layers or symptoms you can say will be peeled off for us to see. I dont have much to add here because youve said it all and also, others who have commented here. 

I still remember in the intial episodes the entire fiasco of Shyam being Khushis brother and all, but I always knew that this dude would never be just that. Right from episode one, he was way too sugar coated, and as time went by, the indications of him being this pyscho were seen. He still irks and creeps me out, and probably always will.

Im sure if the CVs do come across this post, they'll be grateful and might even take a few ideas or two. lol! Unless, theyve done the research as well.

Nice post Shweta! :)

- Dee
Edited by nyxx - 12 years ago
-Nithi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nyxx

Looking at your title, I thought you were going to write about McSteamy or Mcdreamy! lol!

- Dee

Am I the only one who thought about Alex / Justin chambers ? πŸ€£ I am crazy πŸ˜†

Sorry for spamming Shweta πŸ˜³
nyxx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: -Nithi-

Am I the only one who thought about Alex / Justin chambers ? πŸ€£ I am crazy πŸ˜†

Sorry for spamming Shweta πŸ˜³

Ohh NithiiπŸ˜†

There are new additions as well then, Jackson Avery and all...

But the the original "Mc" lot is what I think of when I hear Greys Anatomy. Good old episodes.

andd sorry Shweta, we'll stop here..lol!
current thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: DammitASR

Nice work Shweta.

I am wondering what DSM IV criteria (stands for Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th Edition. used to  diagnose such disorders in the USA ) would fit ODB. He certainly is complex enough to warrant an thorough analysis.

@ DTeacher: Care to weigh in?

🀣🀣..oh boy.Reading the defintion of DSM ...has made me go INSANE..

Waisey..you know what..DAMMIT...The hotwa is enough to creat a new definition for rampant hyper hysterical fan gurlism..
bikerider thumbnail
@shwets aww you put so much effort into writing about snake 😲
he is selfish guy and all of the things that you said .

sigh but he will remain in the show 😑
sbk2 thumbnail
@ Luvshuv, & Dammit: Thanks for posting! πŸ˜Š

Originally posted by: nyxx

However, youre analysis of that Snakewa is bingo and perfectly correct! He is a pyshco for sure, and eventually, all his layers or symptoms you can say will be peeled off for us to see. I dont have much to add here because youve said it all and also, others who have commented here. 

I still remember in the intial episodes the entire fiasco of Shyam being Khushis brother and all, but I always knew that this dude would never be just that. Right from episode one, he was way too sugar coated, and as time went by, the indications of him being this pyscho were seen. He still irks and creeps me out, and probably always will.

Im sure if the CVs do come across this post, they'll be grateful and might even take a few ideas or two. lol! Unless, theyve done the research as well.

Nice post Shweta! :)

- Dee

Thanks Dee! Sorry to disappoint you and Nithi with my deceptive title - I guess its about a deceptive person, so it goes with it...πŸ˜‰

I like Abhaas Mehta (well most of the time) and this is the main 'villian' of the story so far...and so I thought about writing something about him.

His character sometimes gives me the chills! I don't know how they are going to show his character being dealt with - he is beyond redemption!

sbk2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: current

🀣🀣..oh boy.Reading the defintion of DSM ...has made me go INSANE..

Waisey..you know what..DAMMIT...The hotwa is enough to creat a new definition for rampant hyper hysterical fan gurlism..

🀣🀣🀣

Zain, my dear...you're the ZANIEST!!