Gray's Anatomy - Analysis of Shyam's Behavior!

sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
DISCLAIMER: This post is my personal opinion of a fictional character, and is for light discussion amongst my forum friends only ...it is in no way meant to be seriously taken, because after all, it has not been reviewed, nor approved by any professional Psychologist! 

So I was thinking, which word describes Shyam the best - and thought, 'Psychopath' more or less could be used to describe him. It has been used several times by members of this forum.

Since I have nothing better to do, I decided to research the term 'psychopath'.
Here's an article I found on the net:

Antisocial Personality, Sociopathy, and Psychopathy 

"...More often than not, the typical psychopath will seem particularly agreeable and make a distinctly positive impression when he is first encountered. Alert and friendly in his attitude, he is easy to talk with and seems to have a good many genuine interests. There is nothing at all odd or queer about him, and in every respect he tends to embody the concept of a well-adjusted, happy person. Nor does he, on the other hand, seem to be artificially exerting himself like one who is covering up or who wants to sell you a bill of goods.  Signs of affectation or excessive affability are not characteristic. He looks like the real thing.

"Very often indications of good sense and sound reasoning will emerge, and one is likely to feel soon after meeting him that this normal and pleasant person is also one with -high abilities. Psychometric tests also very frequently show him of superior intelligence. More than the average person, he is likely to seem free from social or emotional impediments, from the minor distortions, peculiarities, and awkwardnesses so common even among the successful. Such superficial characteristics are not universal in this group but they are very common..."

Check list of 'Symptoms':

GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM -- the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Psychopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A psychopath never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example. 

PATHOLOGICAL LYING -- can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.

CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS- the use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one's victims.

PARASITIC LIFESTYLE -- an intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.

LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT -- a lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, coldhearted, and unempathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one's victims.

CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY -- a lack of feelings toward people in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.

POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS -- expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.

FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS -- a failure to accept responsibility for one's actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate others through this denial.

To prevent this post from being longer than it already is, I have reduced the content of this article.

Now here is what I think about Shyam:

Based on what we have seen so far in the serial, we can say that several things in Shyam's behavior are common with the list above...he shows some of the classic symptoms.

He is a smooth talking charmer, who lied his way into the home of the Guptas and possibly into the home of Raizadas in the past.

We have seen him lying, conning, manipulating Anjali, Khushi and Buaji the most. He has no remorse or guilt or shame for his misdeeds.

He is indeed a parasite who sucks out money from his wife and indirectly from his brother-in-law, despite being employed as a lawyer, often coming up with false reasons to do so.

He is cold, cruel and lacks empathy - his behavior towards Shashi is screaming proof of this! He almost killed the man and continues to emotionally and somewhat physically torture him day after day.

Finally, when Khushi found out about his truth, he cooked up lies about being unhappy with his wife, painted her in bad light and spoke nonsense to cover up his deceit and lies.

Khushi - brace yourself! You have a deranged psychopathic person hell bent on ruining your life and of the people you love and care for!

May Devi Maiyya and Arnav Jee be with you and Protect you...Amen!

Edited by sbk2 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice ground work Shwetsy!

He indeed possess symptoms of a psychopath...But it s surprising dat entire Raizada n Gupta clan remiss his weirdo behaviour...Chalo at least Guptas saw his 50 %original face
He works at midnight, misses his anniversary,talks saccharine (dat challenges Anjali's!)...
I think no normal can smile all the time...but he does (except whenever Anjali interrupted his plans )
And his soliloquy with Shashi s the most painful thing...and yeah! I remember him talking with chairs and Kh's foto ...character establishment?!
Now, Wat s the need for marriage for a psychopath?! Lots of opportunities while he stayed der...did he want to be make her his legally (however illegal) or was he afraid dat he may be caught?
For first one it needs mental balance dat he lacks, for second he shud not have dared bigamy... Since he s caught I think he s capable of reaching dat level too! let s Hope for the best!
Edited by cindrella255 - 12 years ago
serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
:-)

and to think Anjali doesn't have a clue.

They talk about some unique circumstance under which Shyam married anjali, i wonder when they will explore that.

He is a psychopath indeed. I hope they show in future that Shyam is institutionalized for psychotherapy and treatment because despite the best efforts of KKG and RM family, he cannot help himself from lying and cheating.
-Nithi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
First when I saw the title, I was like πŸ˜² Shweta is analyzing Shyam πŸ˜² πŸ˜†

But Excellent dear πŸ€—

Shyam is indeed a psychopath and a villain material  

He will use / thrash people for his own benefits ! Manipulates and deceives ! Saccharine coated talks ! Gosh !

Actually, even in reality, I never trust people who are way tooo sweet tongued ! My mom used to say, people who are polite and good natured will never talk like honey coated and attract attention for their goodness !

Shyam exactly is a lustful leech ! Snaky ! Not just Kushi, everyone must be beware of him ! 

Edited by -Nithi- - 12 years ago
Incognit0 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
wow... Swethu.. nice research... Every word perfectly fits his persona. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

He is a pathological liar and  Psychopath indeed...Raizadas were seeing his masked face until now, and it is slowly wearing off. Shyam has dug his own grave and it's only a matter of time and one feather touch from the Raizada family to fall into it. πŸ˜‰

Edit: Read the title now... Did u take notes from Dr. Mark Sloan?? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
Edited by nitz17 - 12 years ago
I think Abhaas has also read through these articles. He is good man... Shyam is yuck!!
Edited by somzz007 - 12 years ago
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

UPDATED :

Sorry for the delay Shwetsy πŸ˜³

Superb analysisπŸ‘

I tell you a little secret...I wanted to do an analysis on Shyam's pcsychotic behavior long time ago but I failed miserably.there was a lot of info and I just couldn't edit properly.

I am glad that you finally did it.

Edited by incandescent - 12 years ago
current thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Haw..I thought you were writng about the Mc dreamy ..and Mc steamy..

but Shyam..Yaar the article is overkill..

He ticks all the boxes without saying...but chicken before the egg

Did the motive make him a psychopath..or did the psychopath make a motive..

In either case..the motive being lust for Khushi..or if he wants to call that love..

Anyways great post ..Swethsy..you are on a roll..
sbk2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cindrella255

Nice ground work Shwetsy!

He indeed possess symptoms of a psychopath...But it s surprising dat entire Raizada n Gupta clan remiss his weirdo behaviour...Chalo at least Guptas saw his 50 %original face
He works at midnight, misses his anniversary,talks saccharine (dat challenges Anjali's!)...
I think no normal can smile all the time...but he does (except whenever Anjali interrupted his plans )
And his soliloquy with Shashi s the most painful thing...and yeah! I remember him talking with chairs and Kh's foto ...character establishment?!
Now, Wat s the need for marriage for a psychopath?! Lots of opportunities while he stayed der...did he want to be make her his legally or was he afraid dat he may be caught?
For first one it needs mental balance dat he lacks, for second he shud not have dared bigamy... Since he s caught I think he s capable of reaching dat level too! let s Hope for the best!

Sharmi!

My God..you're up this early? Ya phir sone hi nahin gayi?!

As far as mental balance is concerned, he's pretty smart. He knows how to cover his tracks...it is because of the Payash alliance happening out of nowhere that he got caught.

The truth is that in reality we read a lot about people getting away with deceit and cheating.

Shyam has no reason to pursue other women - he has a wife at home who worships the ground he walks on, loves him unconditionally and ignores his shortcomings.
But yet, here he is - not only lusting after someone else, but also committing other crimes and almost murdering Shashi! He's deranged and has no conscience.

Thanks for replying Ella Bella...πŸ€—
sbk2 thumbnail
@ serialjunkie: I hope the creatives do show some flashback on Shyam. How can a person like him successfully dwell in the hearts and the home of the Raizadas, when he clearly is a scumbag!

Originally posted by: -Nithi-

First when I saw the title, I was like πŸ˜² Shweta is analyzing Shyam πŸ˜² πŸ˜†

But Excellent dear πŸ€—

Shyam is indeed a psychopath and a villain material  

He will use / thrash people for his own benefits ! Manipulates and deceives ! Saccharine coated talks ! Gosh !

Actually, even in reality, I never trust people who are way tooo sweet tongued ! My mom used to say, people who are polite and good natured will never talk like honey coated and attract attention for their goodness !

Shyam exactly is a lustful leech ! Snaky ! Not just Kushi, everyone must be beware of him ! 

Thanks Nithi..Somy's Lungi Friend πŸ˜†

The world is full of people who are "Moonh mein Ram, bagal mein chhuri". 
His character, though may sound filmy and like a cliched villain, is not exactly found only in fiction- you can read or hear about such people in the news! - truth is stranger than fiction.