IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Prem is back

After a spate of action films, Salman goes back to his romantic roots, signs up with Sooraj Barjatya

Since the end of last year, when Salman Khan agreed to do a blink-and-I'm-gone appearance in Sooraj Barjatya's niece, Vidhi Kasliwal's Isi Life Mein, the industry has been abuzz with speculations about the actor getting back with his Maine Pyaar Kiya director. And now, Mumbai Mirror has learnt that the actor has indeed agreed to star in the next Barjatya venture. The official signing happened in Salman's house late last week.

An insider from the meeting revealed that the film would be a love story in full 'Barjatya style'. And no prizes for guessing this one - Salman will be called Prem. "Salman wanted Sooraj to make a love story since that was his forte. Also, Salman told him that he has been doing too many action films of late, including the ones he is still shooting for, and now wants a break. Sooraj agreed to make a simple sweet romantic film with Salman," added our source from the meeting.

The film will have a single female lead. And needless to say, Salman will help Barjatya finalise the actress. In fact, we learnt that Salman has been providing constant inputs to the script that Barjatya is penning currently.

Barjatya and Salman go back a long way. The filmmaker not only launched Salman with Maine Pyaar Kiya, he also made one of Bollywood's highest grossing films of all times, Hum Aapke Hain Koun with the actor. In fact, the actor-director duo used to sit at Bandstand, Bandra even before the release of their first project together promising to stay together forever, revealed the insider.

Ironically, during the making of Hum Saath Saath Hain (We are together), the friends drifted apart. Reportedly, the filmmaker maintained his distance from Salman once he got involved in the black buck killing case that took place at the time.

Since then Barjatya made two films - Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon (2003) and Vivaah (2006). While Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon failed to please even with Hrithik Roshan, Kareena Kapoor and Abhishek Bachchan in the lead, Vivaah did relatively good business. However, none of the films matched the success of the filmmaker's stint with Salman.

According to industry insiders, Barjatya wanted to bounce back. And that meant getting his Prem back. In fact, he had been sending feelers to Salman till the signing actually took place. The film is expected to go on floors in June 2012.

http://mumbaimirror.com/article/30/20111214201112140237551552b2a8c3f/Prem-is-back.html?pageno=1

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
plzz salman priyanka ko lo..
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
YaY!!!! I love Salman as Prem from the young prem of MPK to the naughty one from HAHK to the shy prem of HSSH...
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
loved those movies tht sooraj n salman made 2geva! cnt w8 2 c salman bk in a romantic movie... he does so gr8 in thm... i reali loved him in HSSH...

salman is the original prem of bollywood n cnt w8 2 c him bk with a romantic movie...hpe its opposite madhuri or karishma!
i love salman as prem he's cute and salman please cast priyanka  Edited by avonii - 12 years ago
nikita_88 thumbnail
YAY!!! I am so excited just reading the news! Hope it happens soon...

Oh Monish Behl must also be in the film it would be perfect 😆 
Salman please leave it be. You can no longer play a masoom Prem with your blood-shot drugged up eyes, villianish body and botoxed face 🤔😆
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

yeah plzzz do cast monish bhel as well

btw does anyone watch KUCH TO LOG KAHEN GHE

Originally posted by: nikita_88

YAY!!! I am so excited just reading the news! Hope it happens soon...

Oh Monish Behl must also be in the film it would be perfect 😆 

-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
omggg
finally
i love this guy..hez so good director
this is the only director who direted few movies n out of those movie only 1..average.( flop)..
i ust cant wait..simplel love story
love salman as a prem
omg this made me so hppy..plz do cast karishma or pc..plz plzz..
i cant express my happiness now😆
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Sallufanno1

yeah plzzz do cast monish bhel as well

btw does anyone watch KUCH TO LOG KAHEN GHE

Yeah I do watch that show
since, he is leading actor
wil he do the film now.i mean..he wont get time to do it