Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Araina- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
haha! It goes more to you. I can still escape... 
littleflaws thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
^^and people wonder why I HATE YOU ðŸ˜› Hey Bhagu, Dont I just have the one and only the most amazing sister in this world.
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Chapter 4

I need a fairy godmother 

How perfect is this? Try listening to this while reading because i was listening to this while writing. 😆

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJHvjbZmtE8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

"Beta, my daughter is 26. And now, i think it's time i get her married." My aunt mumbled to Annie sitting across from her who looked at me.
"Nandini likes your brother. Is Maan committed?" She asked. Annie laughed. "Uh, no auntie he's not." My aunt smiled relieved. "Toh, shaadi ki baat ke liye main yaha aayi thi."
Annie sighed. "Auntie, i'll have to speak to my brother. I'll let you know once i speak to him." She said simply. My aunt and I stood up hugging her. "Thank you beta."

Just as i was about to leave with my aunt, Annie called out to me. "Geet wait! I'm having a New Years bash tonight. I want you, auntie and Nandini to be there! It starts at 8." I nodded and left with my aunt.

As we were walking back to our house, my aunt suddenly remembered she needed to get a refill of her medication. As we walked to the pharmacy, many women were gathered together talking. Upon my aunt's arrival, they all ran towards us. "Arre Shailja! Humne sunne ki tumne apni beti Nandini ki shaadi ki baat chalayi hai, Maan ke saath." One woman said.
My aunt grinned, obviously pleased with the attention she and her daughter were receiving.
"Haan. Nandini ko Maan pasand hai. Mainu toh un dono ko, ek doosre se baat karte huwe bohot baar dekha hai. It seems like he likes her too. Toh maine jakhe Annie se shaadi ki baat karli." My aunt said. Lie. Nandini and Maan had not even met each other. Nandini had only seen Maan from afar.
The women grabbed my aunt taking her away from me to talk more about Maan and Nandini's rishta.
I sighed and went to the counter, asking for my aunt's refill. It was going to be a long day...

Around 7, the house was a chaos. All i could hear was Nandini yelling for one thing or another.
"MOM! I can't find my mascara! MOM! I have to look nice! Maan is going to be there Mom!" She whined. I heard my aunt sigh. "Beta, Maan won't be able to take his eyes off of you. Why do you worry?" Nandini turned red and i rolled my eyes.
I found a white sari in my cupboard. I've always wanted to wear it. Annie had gifted it to me last year on my birthday. I took it and went to the bathroom with it.

When i came out, Nandini was dressed in a black dress that went up to her knees. She had a huge red ruby necklace around her neck. Her hair was curled and her face was caked with make-up. I bit my lip to make sure i didn't say anything rude about her make-up or the ugly red necklace. Nandini looked at me and scrunched her forehead.
"You're wearing that to the New Years bash?" She asked curtly. I nodded.
"Geet, sweetie, it's a New Years party. Not some Indian wedding."
And then my aunt came. "Nandini. Geet ko choro. Geet kya pehnti hai, kya farak par tha hai? YOU have to look nice." She said sweetly running a hand gently on her hair. I clenched my jaw and turned around combing my straight hair.

Once at Annie's house, i was the last to get out of the car. I was worried about people talking about me again but then again, the new hot news was Maan and Nandini's rishta.
I stepped inside after my aunt and Nandini and spotted Maan standing a few feet away with his back facing me. He was wearing a white shirt with jeans. He was built. Perfect body. I blushed when i realized what i was thinking and just then Maan turned around and looked at me. A smile slowly crept on to his face and in moments, he was grinning at me. I blushed again and walked away to Annie. I was more than sure he was laughing.
Annie smiled as soon as she saw me. She squealed and pulled me into a tight hug.
"Geet! Ohmygosh! You look gorgeous! " She told me. I laughed. "Thank you. You look beautiful too." I said. She grinned and pulled me towards the drinks, talking about incidents that had happened to her while she was organizing the party.

And then Maan walked over to us. He smirked as he checked me out. "We're matching." He stated. I blushed again. Why on Earth was i blushing so much?
"Funny how..." And then everything froze for me. I didn't hear what he said after the "funny how". My eyes clouded and i saw Maan with the masked man.
"Funny how you think i'm scared of you." Maan was saying to the man. The man laughed. He walked closer to Maan and pushed him causing him to fall onto a chair. Only then did i notice that Maan's hands were tied. "Keep your mouth shut Khurana." The man growled and slowly put the knife on Maan's throat, causing his throat to bleed. And then i heard a scream. Someone was screaming his name.
"HANDA!" Maan yelled in my ear causing me to come back to reality. I stepped back from him in surprise. "Were you even listening to me?" He snapped. I opened my mouth to talk but he spoke again. "Am i seriously that boring?"
I sighed and shook my head mumbling an apology and he laughed. "Whatever." He said before walking away. I turned around and saw Nandini glaring at me. Oh dear God...

We're gonna party like, it's 2012.
You know that it doesn't matter, as long as we got each other..

"Why do you keep talking to Maan?" Nandini demanded, interrupting me as i stood there listening to the music. 
"I don't. He does." I mumbled and she rolled her eyes obviously not believing me.
And then Maan walked over to me, again. Nandini grinned as she saw him walking towards us. "Hi Maan!" She said grabbing his arm as soon as he had arrived. His eyebrows went up in surprise and he turned to Nandini. "Hello, uh..."
"Nandini." She said quickly and he nodded. "Nandini. Nice to meet you." He said.
She blushed. "So, it's New Years today." She said. He laughed.
"Yes it is."
"Any resolution?" She asked and he shook his head in the negative.
"Why not?" She probed further. He shrugged before turning to me. "So Geet. What are you doing standing here?" He asked holding out a hand. "Let's go dance." He said grinning. I smiled slightly and took his hand without thinking.
He dragged us to the dance floor and almost instantly, i felt all heads turn and stare at us. I gulped. What had i done? I sneaked a glance at my aunt and saw her looking at me with a frown and Nandini looked like she was about to cry.
From the corner of my eye, i saw Annie walk over to the DJ and whisper something to him. And then the song, Tera Hone Laga Hoon started to play. Annie grinned at Maan and i. I turned red as Maan placed a hand around my waist with a cheeky grin. When i made no move, he took my arms and put them around his neck, putting both his hands on my waist this time. I turned even more red when his cheek brushed against mine. He really needed to shave properly because his stubble was tickling my cheek.

Waise toh maan mera
pehle bhi raaton mein
Aksar hi chahat ke haan
sapne sanjota tha

"Who knew you were a good dancer?" Maan whispered in my ear. I felt a shiver of pleasure go down my spine. How could he have such an effect on me? And then before i knew it, i felt my eyes cloud again. I buried my face in his shoulder to make sure he didn't notice.

"Let go of me!" Maan yelled struggling in his chair. The masked man laughed. "You're gonna die Maan Singh Khurana. If it weren't for her, you would've been back home in the US. Attending that meeting. This would have never happened." He sneered.

Suddenly, Maan spun me and i once again, was back to reality. He grinned as he brought me close again. "Geet Handa, you look beautiful." He said to me causing me to turn red again. "You more beautiful when you blush." He whispered. I turned to look into his brown eyes and smiled. He leaned forward until our lips were centimetres apart. He grinned as he moved closer and my breath caught. His lips brushed against mine and suddenly, he spun me again laughing. I glared at him only to make him laugh harder.

After the dance, i was drinking some coke when Nandini stomped over to me.
"Geet Handa, you have finally shown your true colours! I hope a truck runs over you! Or lightening strikes you! Or you trip and break your neck in half!" She yelled before walking away in her high heels.
"She can't even walk properly in high heels." Annie laughed as she walked over to me.
"I hope a building falls over her. Or even a snake bite would do!" Annie laughed. I sighed. "Dude, she's my cousin." I said sadly.
"Yeah, i don't like her." Annie said. I rolled my eyes and walked off to find a bathroom.

There was only a minute left till it was 2012 and i was searching for my aunt. And then i finally saw her with my cousin. Nandini seemed very upset. I sighed feeling horrible.
I walked over to them and before i could speak, my aunt spoke. "Geet, you've really put me to shame today! Everyone knew i was planning to get Nandini and Maan married! Now they thing there is something going on between you and Maan!" She growled. I bit my lip to keep from crying.
In the background, the countdown had begun.

10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1.. HAPPY NEW YEARS!

And just then, Nandini and my aunt turned their backs on me and left the house.

Woo! Happy Early New Years! 2012 is almost here. Don't die please. 😃 I need readers. 🤣 I'm just kidding. Have a great new year. <3

Comment. or press the like button. 😃 Oh and credit for all those "how Geet/Nandini" should die ideas go to Roshni [lilindiangurl13] 🤣

-Jot.
Edited by Angel-Jot. - 12 years ago
-Araina- thumbnail
RES again 1st :D
Finally all distraction gone. Will read. Let me get my food material 🤣

First off, my net's like being a pain! So can't listen the the song as it still didn't finish buffering! ðŸ˜¡
Awh! Geet does need a fairy godmother. Wondering just who that will be ;) 

AHAHA! Maan and Nandini!! Biggest joke of the year! 
M sure Geet looks super cute in white! 
Wow, Maan-Geet are going on the perfect track. 
She's finally getting more visions! 

Handa! Still can't get over the fact that I love how they call by last names. <3
Geet's blushing a lot! Kya baat hai Geet? 
Love how Maan just took Geet to the dance and ignored Nandini. 
THLH! Perfect song! lol, love Annie!! 

Good dancer, beautiful, blush. I <3 this combo!! 
This masked man, I promise to kill him before Geet gets to him 😡
"I hope a building falls over her. Or even a snake bite would do!"
Annie's wish is so much lovable then that nanu's. 

This aunty and that naany, give me the rights to kill them please!
Meri Geet kitni ache mood mei thi! 

And yea, I promise to not die! I want to know how's gonna kill this MSK. First that and then I'll die ðŸ˜³
Edited by Princess_Khushi - 12 years ago
Angel-Jot thumbnail
^good. eat lots. ðŸ¤£ 
malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
omfg.
nando i always hated her [:l]
btw, that song was like the perfect length for reading this! amazing 😆
and DUDE!
the curse is yet to affect you!
WOHOOO

so maans into geet huh? funnn
-Araina- thumbnail
Jot, I haven't had a proper lunch. So Sush! ðŸ˜³
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Originally posted by: malluangel

omfg.
nando i always hated her [:l]
btw, that song was like the perfect length for reading this! amazing 😆
and DUDE!
the curse is yet to affect you!
WOHOOO

so maans into geet huh? funnn

Right? I'm like, perfect with everything. 😎

WOO! PARTY! CURSE FREE!...For now. 🤣 But i thought you got rid of the curse. 😲 You lied! 😲You no witch! 😲

Yes he is. 😳 haha.

Thank juu for comment. 😃
-Araina- thumbnail
Finally finished reading but food not over yet 🤣

Oh yea, forgot to wish you Happy Early New Years as well 🤣
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Originally posted by: Princess_Khushi

Jot, I haven't had a proper lunch. So Sush! ðŸ˜³