Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fazzy-wazzy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: angel_eyez123

I put my hands up and admit, I do over analyse everything and try to find deeper meanings into every action and word, but I guess that just shows a sign of a good show...I often think this forum understands the concepts of the drama more than the CV's 😆

i think you might be right, at times it does seem that the forum understands the story better than the CVs 😆 and i'm glad that people over analyze things, i personally feel that the CVs don't really put that much thinking into symbolisms, atleast not in as much depths as discussed on the forums, but it definitely makes for good reading 😆
ur post mirrors my thoughts to the tee. i guess we're just so obsessed with Arhi that we look for deeper meaning that just might give us a clue for the future... it's like how i was obsessed with HP... Harry Potter NOT Hari Prakash (it's OP who will be my ain true love from the Prakash Boys) and me and my sister would be obsessing over every small detail so we could get a hint of what was coming... and we were so wrong on all counts... except i was right about him ending up with Ginny... and Ron and Hermione hooking up...
Pixl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree that the CV's do put in some symbolisms, these symbolisms give us ideas about what path the show is taking, the future track of the show, the relationships these characters hold, and how these relationships will change, and also the past and the symbolisms provide us hints to connect the dots.

But sometimes, people look for every small thing as a symbolism, which I think not all the time, the forum members have world-class interpretations which the cv's of the show don't even have,LOL, so sometimes it is delibrate and other times it's unintentional, but the interpreations make it look like it was meant to be they're.

And you're right it enhances our viewing experience, and helps us to build the story further.😊
--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: incandescent

Actually the symbolisms are there. This particular PH really gives focus on these things and they did the same with their other show as well.   

Many members of the creative team had been part of three others shows (one by the same Ph and two others by different ph) where they focused a lot on the symbolic romantic scenes and all. 😊 

I agree Farie...from previous experiences...right...!!??😉
dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Actually the symbolism is there! its the writers writing the script, and lemme tell you here, me being a writer i can defintlly tell how many clues we drop what's going to happen in the ending!! The writers that way keep the readers or viewers stuck to the screen as these symbolism usually acts like a mini climax too. its not over-analyzing at all. 
aanu23 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
If u see in sanaya's latest tt interview she does mention that there are reasons why some scenes are enacted...as there might be a meaning in it...but not in all scenes...so maybe there are some symobolisms of some scenes!
--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Symbolisms are used by the CVS to create a richer effect.   Very often, a director, writer, and/or the producer has a vision...they want to portray a quality, or crate an environment or atmosphere to enhances the viewing experience for those trained eyes that can pick up the nuances, but they do this subtly so as to not take away or make it too complex to understand for those with not so trained eyes.  You need to remember...that channels target to an audience...and for Star Plus that audience is on a much bigger scale...it broadcasts to all of India, Urban and Rural.  So CVs need to add enough to enhance the experience without complicating the storyline.  

Lots of time symbolisms are used to shed light into the characters, who they are, what drives them, what motivates them...etc.   Symbolsims are also used to create the mood.  Because the mood or the interpretation of a character is a relative quality... it cannot be measured or classified...therefore it will find and fit into the mind of the viewer as they are accustomed to processing what they see.

So in short, not all symbolisms are intentional, but I too have watched enough shows from this PH to know that they are aware of our interpretations of the vision they are trying to portray!!  Besides...how rewarding must it be for the CVs to know that viewers did in fact perceive the scene...exactly as they has intended without being blunt about it.😛
pink500 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
i think most of the time the cvs don't put as much thought into sympbolism as we do!!
fazzy-wazzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: LadyLaLa

You just stole my thought 😆 No offence ..😆 Nice topic.. . I was thinking along the same lines today... after reading many posts on the Forum about symbolisms in the serial. We have got so used to them that I too have begun to analyse  symbolisms 😆

for instance yesterday, when ASR opened the door which Khushi was about to close I thought, OMG he will not allow Khushi to go away, he wont allow her to forget him...

and today, when he helped khushi open the closed door, I thought OMG he will be the saviour of Khushi, he will resolve all her problems.. 😆

Personally, I am not superstitious... And you are right... I highly doubt if the writers look into these symbolisms when canning the shots...

for instance the scene where  Khushi wiped his cuff with the napkin was meant to show their interaction.. but it was taken as haldi being applied to complete a part of their bonding...

I guess it is all in the person viewing it... A question was asked to Khushi in TT today if fans are over-analysing the serial.  😆

wow... 😆

i can recognise the few obvious symbolisms like everyone else i.e the fairy light scene-SR connection, the bending the broken foot scene-lovemaking connection, and other sexually suggestive dialogues or gestures (what can i say my mind naturally steers in the naughty direction 😆)... 

but mostly i never look out for symbolisms
or analyze gestures or dialogues, i just watch the show for it's entertainment value and to get a good dose of ASR's hotness...

but sometimes I do go back and re-watch a scene if i read a particularly interesting symbolism thread... just to see if I can see the connection...

fazzy-wazzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Priyanka_

I love the symbolisms and analysis the members put up...But I guess we all do that coz we have 23.5 hours where we are in Arhi-land and the time when we analyse and re-analyse...Compare this to 0.5 hours(even lesser) as our analysis material...hehe...

The writers on the other hand our writing a daily soap and would not have the time to sit and dream about the hidden deepwe meanings behind each action...
Am sure quite a few our put in as a conscious effort...But most of them is the proof of our lowe for ipkknd...
But what the...who's complaining!;)

lol.. agreed.

One of the appeals of this forum is the symbolisms discussion ⭐️

I feel that the Cvs may out in a few intentional symbolisms, but people here also manage to find a few unintentional ones too 😆